For Power (0.6.5.3)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

James_The_Invisible

Re: For Power

Post by James_The_Invisible »

Version 0.3.6 is on the add-ons server. Scenarios Orcs' region and The Trolls are harder. Enemies have more gold and recruit level 2 units. Also I created 2 next scenario for Chapter 3. There are 4 maps for the second of them, you will get radomly one of them.

Special thanks to bumbadadabum for improving some maps in Chapter 1 and to Dugi for making portrait and sprite for Clare.

The changelog for this version follows:

Code: Select all

- 2 next scenarios in Chapter 3
- scenarios Orcs's region and The Trolls are harder
- new sprite and portrait for Clare
- improved maps in first chapter
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

morbivords castle: for me it was very easy to kill all the units and to go try to kill lord morbivord and heldra. When i walked to their castle nothing happend, but when i stepped back one field suddenly enemys appeared. The event i triggered should be triggered even when walking into the castle. apparently its only triggered when walking on the fields before the castle.

underground: i think the mission goals are irritating. when i found ravanal and his betrayal, a new mission goal opens, and tells me again to find ravanal. Shouldn't be the mission goal to flee?
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
James_The_Invisible

Paulomat4 wrote:morbivords castle: for me it was very easy to kill all the units and to go try to kill lord morbivord and heldra.
Well maybe I gave you too much time for escape. (You should not think about attacking enemy leaders.) I can decrease time limit by 3 or 4 turns and give the enemy more gold.
When i walked to their castle nothing happend, but when i stepped back one field suddenly enemys appeared. The event i triggered should be triggered even when walking into the castle. apparently its only triggered when walking on the fields before the castle.
I forgot how fast Clare can be. Fixed.
underground: i think the mission goals are irritating. when i found ravanal and his betrayal, a new mission goal opens, and tells me again to find ravanal. Shouldn't be the mission goal to flee?
Yes, it should. Fixed.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Just a minor thing i saw when i downloaded the newest version of wesnoth: In the campaign selection section you have three campaigns (one for each chapter). Each chapter has an image. Chapter one has the image of a mage and chapter 2+3 have the image of a silver mage. how about changing second image to a red mage. It would symbolize her growing power.
Also i hope to see a new update and some new scenarios soon.

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
James_The_Invisible

Paulomat4 wrote:Chapter one has the image of a mage and chapter 2+3 have the image of a silver mage. how about changing second image to a red mage. It would symbolize her growing power.
It is a good idea but I do not like the portrait of red mage so much.
Also i hope to see a new update and some new scenarios soon.
Actually, I have created one battle scenario but I got somehow stuck on talk-only scenario before it (like with scenario Dwarven Doors some time ago by the way). I will try to finish it in a few days and then I will upload both scenarios.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

It is a good idea but I do not like the portrait of red mage so much.
Then how about claire's new portrait for the third Part?

Also I'm going through the campaign again. In the 3. scenario/1.chapter the map is a bit irritating. The entire throneroom isn't centralised in contrast to the thorne room. So the king and his advisors are one field more left than the entry. Same goes for the back wall. if they were all one field more right, it would be better.

scenario 4: Claire has no mission goals, also it shows me a minor wml error: <Invalid WML found> (gold) missing required amount = attribute
Lemyr has no mission goals too.

scenario 6 (meeting the bandits): i wonder why the bandits inhabit an elvish castle. I'd rather give them a camp, or some old ruins. Perhaps a campfire. Or it could be an elvish ruin, but then it would need to be explained. Like:
clare: I should soon reach the old abandoned elvish castle of whatever
But hey, Bandits are inhabiting it.
And look, they are attacked by...

James_The_Invisible

Paulomat4 wrote:Then how about claire's new portrait for the third Part?
Ok, I will change it in next release.
scenario 4: Claire has no mission goals, ... Lemyr has no mission goals too.
I checked it on 1.10.6 and they both have mission goals.
also it shows me a minor wml error: <Invalid WML found> (gold) missing required amount = attribute .
I cannot reproduce it. (Well, I think that I got this error when I was using debug mode to skip some scenarios.)
scenario 6 (meeting the bandits): i wonder why the bandits inhabit an elvish castle. I'd rather give them a camp, or some old ruins. Perhaps a campfire. Or it could be an elvish ruin, but then it would need to be explained.
Well, I cannot remember why I gave them an elvish castle. I will probably give them a ruined human castle.

I realised that the signpost in scenario Flight ended up in a forest (it is not intended and somehow weird in my opinion). I will move it to a grass.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

I checked it on 1.10.6 and they both have mission goals.
Yeah, i played on 1.11.2
I cannot reproduce it. (Well, I think that I got this error when I was using debug mode to skip some scenarios.)
This may be, i was using debug mode too.

I went through all scenario's in the first part, and since bumbadabumm isn't working on it, i decided to work on two maps that i found not so good. the other ones are fine in the first chapter. I don't know if i'm reaching bumbadabumm quality, but i thought i may give it a try.
Attachments
the poison.map
(8.79 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
An orcish town.map
(8.09 KiB) Downloaded 178 times

James_The_Invisible

Paulomat4 wrote:Yeah, i played on 1.11.2
I checked it on 1.11.2 and it worked as well for me.
This may be, i was using debug mode too.
Yes, I store Glacyn's gold when you reach the signpost. So when you skip this event nothing is stored and it produces this error later. It is an easy fix but it is not really necessary.
I went through all scenario's in the first part, and since bumbadabumm isn't working on it, i decided to work on two maps that i found not so good. the other ones are fine in the first chapter. I don't know if i'm reaching bumbadabumm quality, but i thought i may give it a try.
Thank you but I am not sure about interrupting paths and city walls in An Orcish Town. (And by the way you place side 4 here by mistake.) About The Poison I cannot load this map. There is an illegal tile Xuq. I am not sure what it could be (what terrain, maybe lava?).
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

I checked it on 1.11.2 and it worked as well for me.
hmmmm, may be related to debug mode too :hmm:
Thank you but I am not sure about interrupting paths and city walls in An Orcish Town
well, i can still change that. I only thought that these stonewalls are made for inside rooms or dungeons. I remade the city walls as you said without interrupting them and giving them the impenetrable attribute. I also reconnected the paths.
An orcish town.map
(8.16 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
About The Poison I cannot load this map. There is an illegal tile Xuq. I am not sure what it could be (what terrain, maybe lava?).
I looked in the editor and it seems like there are two sorts of cavernwall who look the same. Perhaps its something 1.10.6 doesn't has? Anyways i changed it to Xuc (the other sort of cavernwall) it should work now.
the poison.map
(8.79 KiB) Downloaded 213 times

James_The_Invisible

Paulomat4 wrote: I only thought that these stonewalls are made for inside rooms or dungeons.
Maybe you are right.
I remade the city walls as you said without interrupting them and giving them the impenetrable attribute. I also reconnected the paths.
Thank you.
Perhaps its something 1.10.6 doesn't has?
Actully, I tried to load it on 1.11.2.
it should work now.
Yes, it works. It is really nice. Unfortunately the stone chasm bridge does not work on 1.10.x. I will have to replace it with cave chasm bridge here. (It is not so nice but it works here.)
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Yes, it works. It is really nice. Unfortunately the stone chasm bridge does not work on 1.10.x. I will have to replace it with cave chasm bridge here. (It is not so nice but it works here.)
I hate those differences between the versions, but i guess it's necessary to introduce new terrains. :augh:
Actully, I tried to load it on 1.11.2.
That's strange. I edited it in 1.11.2 too. hmm, as long as it works now... :hmm:

James_The_Invisible

Version 0.3.7 is on the add-ons server. I created 2 next scenario for Chapter 3. I decreased turn limit in scenario Morbivord's castle. Image for Chapter 3 in campaigns menu is different (current Clare's portrait). Special thanks to Paulomat4 for improving some maps in Chapter 1.

The changelog for this version follows:

Code: Select all

- 2 next scenarios in Chapter 3
- improved maps in first chapter
- changed image for third chapter
- decreased time limit in scenario Morbivord's castle
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Yes, it should. Fixed
actually it's still not fixed...
Sans titre.jpg
also you should give the player less turns. with this many turns he has more then enough time to hide in a tunnel and kill the skeletons once at time

Next scenario: at one moment amiwen says: can you that forest? should be: can you see that forest

and nice to see Lethalia again.

I see you worked on improving your maps. The fighting one is much better than your first ones.

James_The_Invisible

Paulomat4 wrote:actually it's still not fixed...
Now really fixed.
also you should give the player less turns. with this many turns he has more then enough time to hide in a tunnel and kill the skeletons once at time
Ok, now you have only 18 turns for completing this scenario.
Next scenario: at one moment amiwen says: can you that forest? should be: can you see that forest
Fixed.
I see you worked on improving your maps. The fighting one is much better than your first ones.
Thank you.