For Power (0.6.5.3)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Re: For Power

Post by Paulomat4 »

Because only a few people know about it (probably only prisoners who escaped this way).
Well, you're completely right, but i think the entry is much to big. how about you reduce it to one hex? Or make it appear after breaking through a wall?

actually, part 3 still doesn't work.
Makro/file 'LOOT' is missing at add-ons/For_Power/scenarios3/05Dealing_with_trolls.cfg:301 included from -add-ons/For_power/_main.cfg:130
is the new error message. 301 instead of 300
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

Paulomat4 wrote:i think the entry is much to big. how about you reduce it to one hex? Or make it appear after breaking through a wall?
Ok, I will reduce the entrance to one hex.
actually, part 3 still doesn't work.
Now it should work.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

works. Do Tinry, lemyr and merissa get upgrades?

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
James_The_Invisible

After second scenario in Chapter 3 they have a lot of advancements. Tinry 35, Lemyr and Merissa 60 (but you need to unlock some of them).
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

In scenario 2 i didn't managed to kill the dark sorceress with normal means. So i attacked with lemyr with his sword and his lance, but still she doesn't dies. The only way i could kill her was with reedeem, but i don't think this is intended. I suppose you wanted lemyr to die?
Also the scenario is much too easy. Remember i have recallunits, from 2 past campaigns! Do you wanted to get the player beaten by six soulless per round? because the is the maximum attack force the enemy can muster. you either need to make the castle of the sorceress much bigger, if you want to swarm clare, or you could change from soulless to revenants and bone shooters.
just giving the ai much gold isn't going to work if his units are [censored]

James_The_Invisible

Anyone has only 20 % chance to hit her. (Maybe I will decrease it). Anyhow you are not supposed to kill her (it is not in objectives). To win this scenario Lemyr has to "die" but probably I did not make it clear. (Edit: well I removed him silver crown and removed his death from defeat condition but maybe it is not enough.) Ok, it will be said.
Well, I can make her undeads stonger (compared to the second leader) and/or extend her castle after she gets reinforcements. (I intended this scenario to be easy before this moment.)

Edit:
James_The_Invisible wrote:
Paulomat4 wrote: at the exit of the cave, there are some highlighted hexes.
I will fix it soon.
Fixed, it will come with next release.
Paulomat4 wrote:Also i think 7 lvl 2 units are a bit overpowered.
You got them because I intended scenario West Front to be harder but it seems that it is not so hard. I will make this scenario harder in next release and say here that they joined you.
you should in any case make them leave you (at the latest when you get back to the lord protector, or even better in "talks with Ralentyth")
Actually, you lost all your soldiers in scenario 10. In next scenario
Clare wrote:Alas I think that I do not need soldiers at this moment. I send them back to my castle.
Paulomat4 wrote:because they are loyal troops to the northern alliance.
I do not think so. They have to obey Clare first of all. They were earl Menvan's soldiers and after his death they are her soldiers.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Anyone has only 20 % chance to hit her. (Maybe I will decrease it). Anyhow you are not supposed to kill her (it is not in objectives). To win this scenario Lemyr has to "die" but probably I did not make it clear. (Edit: well I removed him silver crown and removed his death from defeat condition but maybe it is not enough.) Ok, it will be said.
I think it hard to make the player himself to get his Paladin killed. First he's a really good unit, nearly undefeatable with his sword (with the new sword he's a lot stronger than a normal paladin would be 15-6 at dawn) and his charge attack will defeat every enemy at first strike (at least at day and dawn because 15x2=30 and soulless only have 28 hp). Also other players will too ternd to use him as support unit with his healing. Giving the player the possibility here doesn't semm as a good idea to me. How about it to be predestined? like the sorceress (strengthened by the dark gods) shoot a powerfull blast in direction of clare. Lemyr see's that coming, and throws himself into the blast to prevent it from reaching clare. That's why he would die then.
In every Case you have to tell the player he needs to kill lemyr.

You should also make it impossible for her to die from reedeem. I won the scenario this way, but i missed a lot of storytext. (I read it now)

when lemyr becomes a lich, he gets reedeem. But merissa gets the ability souleater. Why?

reedeem doesn't work on trollwhelps, neither with lemyr or clare.

Scenario 06 morbivords castle is missing. I suppose this isn't a bug, but rather just not finished. ^_^

James_The_Invisible

Paulomat4 wrote:I think it hard to make the player himself to get his Paladin killed...
Well, if you let him fight soulless at his own they manage to kill him in one turn :lol2: . I tested it.
How about it to be predestined? like the sorceress (strengthened by the dark gods) shoot a powerfull blast in direction of clare. Lemyr see's that coming, and throws himself into the blast to prevent it from reaching clare. That's why he would die then.
It is a good idea and it fits his personality. But I want him to be killed in a fight not by a spell.
In every Case you have to tell the player he needs to kill lemyr.
Yes, I will do it.
You should also make it impossible for her to die from reedeem. I won the scenario this way, but i missed a lot of storytext.
I thought that it is impossible to kill her in any way (it is very hard to hit and when is she dying she is healed). I will take a look on it. Edit: Done, in next version you will not be able to kill her by redeem.
when lemyr becomes a lich, he gets reedeem. But merissa gets the ability souleater. Why?
Merissa does not mind causing pain to her enemies unlike Clare and Lemyr.
reedeem doesn't work on trollwhelps, neither with lemyr or clare.
In this scenario redeem does not work at all but it is mentioned in objectives (as a note). Edit: in next version you will able to redeem them but not their leader.
Scenario 06 morbivords castle is missing. I suppose this isn't a bug, but rather just not finished. ^_^
Yes, this scenario is not yet written. But once I complete it you can continue playing from save of last turn.
James_The_Invisible

Version 0.3.5 is on the add-ons server. Scenarios West Front and More undeads are harder. In West Front enemies just have much more gold on all difficulties. It is said here that you got some level 2 units. In more undeads side 3's units are stronger and after getting reinforcements its castle become bigger. The objectives are clearer here as well. In scenario The Trolls redeem works now. Entrance to underground in scenario Escape from prison is only one hex wide now. Some bosses are immune to redeem now.

The changelog for this version follows:

Code: Select all

- some bosses are immune to redeem
- scenarios West Front and More undeads are harder
- clearer objectives in scenario More undeads
- redeem works in scenario The Trolls now
- reduced entrance to underground in scenario Escape from prison
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

I think you should make complete part 3 harder to beat. First lvl seems okay, it's only an introduction, and meant to be so easy. Scenario 2 is fine now, but the orc scenario is still too easy. Let the enemy at least have lvl. 2 units. Remember, the player has experienced units left from 2 campaigns. I had loads of lvl. 3 units, and uncounted lvl 2. Also i have then 3 preserved liches, and one lvl 4 vagabond. And you expected me to fight puny little orcs lvl 1? Make them at least lvl 2 to pose a threat to me. The trolls too. Make the leader and the trolls surrounding him from the beginning lvl 3 and his recruits lvl 2. Just imagine, would you as the leader of a little horde of orcs or trolls dare to attack an army with countless experienced units, which are all thrice your units strength?

next: new sprites, are needed. Your leading units at least deserve a new one. I don't think you should make them yourself, but how about picking sprites from other units. Like for clare, there would be a silver mage sprite, but with a golden robe in the add-on "war of the gods" Also for lemyr. he is some kind of uber-paladin. So why not give him the sprite of the prophet in LotI? Tinry's sprite is completely fine, he's unique, as far as i know. For merissa it get's more complicated. I would say the sprite of lady jessene from "the rise of wesnoth" would be not bad. But make sure to give them these new sprites only, when they become preserved liches. before, their sprites are completely fine.

Do you think of giving your units more advancement pathes like in LotI? because, for part 3 it's still okay, but after that i'll have so many units, who aren't evolving anymore, that it begins to become boring.

I hope i'll soon see, what ravanal has in mind, because his name and his way he leads our heroes builds up some great suspense :D

Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I may provide the sprites, provided that I will be provided enough descriptions.

Btw, I have made a portrait for Clare that met James' demands, but I sent it in a PM to him because I was getting somewhat shy with posting it here after that my portrait attempts were rejected twice.
I hope i'll soon see, what ravanal has in mind, because his name and his way he leads our heroes builds up some great suspense
Yeah, it's gonna be a great revelation :wink:
James_The_Invisible

Paulomat4 wrote:I think you should make complete part 3 harder to beat. First lvl seems okay, it's only an introduction, and meant to be so easy. Scenario 2 is fine now, but the orc scenario is still too easy. Let the enemy at least have lvl. 2 units.
Well yes, it is too easy at this moment. I will make the enemies stronger soon.
Just imagine, would you as the leader of a little horde of orcs or trolls dare to attack an army with countless experienced units, which are all thrice your units strength?
Well they protect their territory but you are right. I would not fight a hopeless battle.
Do you think of giving your units more advancement pathes like in LotI? because, for part 3 it's still okay, but after that i'll have so many units, who aren't evolving anymore, that it begins to become boring.
No.
Spoiler:
I hope i'll soon see, what ravanal has in mind, because his name and his way he leads our heroes builds up some great suspense :D
Spoiler:
Anyhow he will reveal his plans soon.

Edit:
@Dugi
Spoiler:
Can you make a sprite for Clare based on the last version of portrait please?
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

@ james:
Spoiler:
@ Dugi:
Btw, I have made a portrait for Clare that met James' demands, but I sent it in a PM to him because I was getting somewhat shy with posting it here after that my portrait attempts were rejected twice.
Your second portrait instead looks really nice. And i think the sprite just needs a bit more polishing, like the you ones made for LotI which are much better.

Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Can you make a sprite for Clare based on the last version of portrait please?
This is not totally perfect yet, so write your comments what might be improved so that I could start making an animation.
Attachments
clare.png
clare.png (3.5 KiB) Viewed 3294 times
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

WOW !!! Incredible. looks really nice! Congratulations!
perhaps it's a bit too dark, because before she is silver. But i don't know if i'm right with this. I would perhaps make it a bit brighter. :hmm: Makes her look too evil.
her hand holding her staff looks a bit weird too. like the staff isn't straight, but rather has an s in it. like this. I think it's due to her hand being a rectangle. I would turn it like 45 degrees and reposition the staff southern part.
I made this red in the image.
Attachments
clare.png
clare.png (3.56 KiB) Viewed 3292 times