For Power (0.6.5.3)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Re: For Power

Post by Paulomat4 »

In the storytext before the northern alliance you spelled it 'norhern alliance'. I think you just forgot a t :eng:

Merissa is listed by the units who are not allowed to die, in the mission goals, but she doesn't has a silver crown like tinry. This caused me some confusion. I haven't tried to get her killed, so i don't know if you lose, but you should check it.

Also, in the scenario, where you get back your old units, i'm missing my red mage i leveled in the scenarios before. But still i have some mages. (not the two you get at the beginning of part 1) Seems like you don't transfer all the units. Else, i have the other units from part 1.

I also tried the other option in part 1, (when you could either try to kill haldar, or be his aprentice) and i saw, that you get another Bandit (the ruffian). You dont get him when you become haldars apprentice. Thats a story problem. You should either make him go away when you reenter the village, or make another scenario in the option to become Haldars apprentice where you get him too.

I remarked that in the first scenario, if you manage to kill on enemy leader, the other enemay leader gets all the villages of the dead one instead, that they just have no side at all. (like normally) I don't know if this was intended, but i found it was nice. you should either make it this way in every scenario, when you battle two enemys, or delete it. It doesnt happen in the scenario after the northern alliance.

The battle against earl menvan was my first real treat since having a preserved lich. good thing you made him stronger. :D
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

Paulomat4 wrote:... you spelled it 'norhern alliance'. I think you just forgot a t :eng:
Fixed but will come with next release.
Merissa is listed by the units who are not allowed to die, in the mission goals, but she doesn't has a silver crown like tinry. This caused me some confusion. I haven't tried to get her killed, so i don't know if you lose, but you should check it.
Nowadays you lose if she gets killed. Originally it was optional to keep her alive. But I needed her to have a talk with Clare in one scenario and no one else could do that. Alas I forgot to get her a silver crown. Will be fixed soon.
Also, in the scenario, where you get back your old units, i'm missing my red mage i leveled in the scenarios before. ... Seems like you don't transfer all the units. Else, i have the other units from part 1
It is weird. As far as I know all units should be stored. I will investigate it.
I also tried the other option in part 1, (when you could either try to kill haldar, or be his aprentice) and i saw, that you get another Bandit (the ruffian). You dont get him when you become haldars apprentice. Thats a story problem. You should either make him go away when you reenter the village, or make another scenario in the option to become Haldars apprentice where you get him too..
Actually he leaves you after you complete Chapter 1 and never returns. But it was the choice - you will have undeads or bandits on your side. You cannot have both of them.
I remarked that in the first scenario, if you manage to kill on enemy leader, the other enemay leader gets all the villages of the dead one instead, that they just have no side at all. (like normally) I don't know if this was intended, but i found it was nice. you should either make it this way in every scenario, when you battle two enemys, or delete it. It doesnt happen in the scenario after the northern alliance.
It was intended but I forgot to do it again in next scenarios. I will do it in next release.
The battle against earl menvan was my first real treat since having a preserved lich. good thing you made him stronger. :D
Thank you. It was intended as a boss scenario.
Last edited by James_The_Invisible on August 6th, 2014, 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Well, in dwarven doors, i didn't figured out how to win. i went to the three houses in the northwest, and triggered 2 event, where there were people talking.(i choose to help the poor peasent) Then, nothing happened and i was stuck. i had to use the debug mode again, to be able to get to the next scenario. :(

Also redeem hasn't got any attack animation. (I believe they have some in LotI) If they dont have one there, just make it a magic bolt.
Redeem attack could also need some more explanation. They talk a lot about it in LotI.

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
James_The_Invisible

In scenario Dwarven Doors there are 3 events what you have to trigger to win + one optional. You found two of them. The third one you trigger by moving among armor and weapons.

About redeem: I will add the animation in next release. It will be described more as well.
James_The_Invisible

Version 0.3.0 is on the add-ons server. I played through Chapter 2 and decided to make some changes here. I found that scenario Undeads in front of Dwarven Doors is harder than I intended. So you get more gold here (on all difficulties) and your zombies will level-up faster. A lich in scenario West Front could be killed any unit on second try. Now only one unit can really kill him.

I also fixed reported bugs. Lemyr has mission goals in scenario Return. Clare has animations for all attacks. in scenario Seeking The Mage the river is bigger and contains some monsters.

Also I created first multiplayer scenario. It takes place after Chapter 2 but it is not related to campaign events. Clare and Lemyr try to avoid an apocalypse here. They have to find out who is the real enemy. They gain a realy hot trail at the end but all will be revealed in next scenario which is not yet completed.

The changelog for this version follows:

Code: Select all

- created first multiplayer scenario
- more starting gold in scenario Undeads in front of Dwarven Doors (on all difficulties), zombies level-up here a little faster
- lich in scenario West Front can be really killed only by one certain unit
- enemies in scenario Flight have more gold and level 2 units
- objectives in scenario Return are shown for side 5 as well
- Clare has animations for all attacks
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

sry, i had no time to continue playing. (and to report bugs :D)
I'm really happy about the new update, great work! :lol2:

James_The_Invisible

Thank you. But there is still a lot of work in front of me. I am not sure how many chapter will the campaign have but it will last at least for centuries. (The heroine is immortal, right? :lol2: ) Anyhow at this moment I am writting the storyline for Chapter 3. A lot of things will change and so will the heroes. They will become much stronger but some of them will have to pay for it. They will also gain a lot of advancements like Clare.
In next release (besides next scenarios) Clare will gain new advancements. Alas nearly all of them she cain gain after reaching maximum level of redeem (it will be seven). After it because they are too strong and it is very hard to learn a such things.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

compliments also to the westfront. scenario is a bit harder than the others, but it's good to have some challenge from time to time. I love the fact, that the undead suddenly get reinforcements. also when the enemy leaders unit die if you kill their leader. I really like this scenario. :lol2:

but when the lich rises the fallen warriors, i see an animation of a skeleton rider and a skeleton standing up, but in fact theres only a skeleton rider.

In undeads in front of dwarven doors it would be nice to be able to recall the undeads i had in chapter 1.
Clare didn't just learned to raise zombies

Also, the lvl. 1 units of the enemy don't dare to attack clare. I kann go through their ranks, redeeming or blasting one every turn, whithout taking damage.
well, from time to time a ghost attacks. oh well, once i was weakened by the necromancers ranged attacks, they all attacked at once :D

Another question: do you gain something when redeem is full? i had 10/10 but only my xp were raised by 6. I didn't noticed anything else. Also redeem got stronger. Is redeem meant to gain uprgrades for your character? (like in LotI) or is it just meant as an attack with 70 % chance to kill?

James_The_Invisible

Paulomat4 wrote:compliments also to the westfront. scenario is a bit harder than the others, but it's good to have some challenge from time to time. I love the fact, that the undead suddenly get reinforcements. also when the enemy leaders unit die if you kill their leader. I really like this scenario. :lol2:
Thank you.
but when the lich rises the fallen warriors, i see an animation of a skeleton rider and a skeleton standing up, but in fact theres only a skeleton rider.
Well this skeleton should not appear. I will fix it soon.
In undeads in front of dwarven doors it would be nice to be able to recall the undeads i had in chapter 1.
Clare didn't just learned to raise zombies
Spoiler:
Anyhow it is impossible to store the choice what you made in first chapter so it is expected that you did not learn necromancy.
Another question: do you gain something when redeem is full? i had 10/10 but only my xp were raised by 6. I didn't noticed anything else. Also redeem got stronger. Is redeem meant to gain uprgrades for your character? (like in LotI) or is it just meant as an attack with 70 % chance to kill?
It will be described in the scenario when you learn it but I can tell it now. After reaching new level of redeem you gain some hitpoints and better resistances. Also when you reach the maximum level, new (and powerfull) advancements become available alas some of them have additional requirements (previously taken advancements).
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Well, i was really surprised, when in the underground the mission goals contain some german. There's written, that this is the last scenario. Do you have a german translator?

also redeem lvl 2 doesn't seems to work well on lvl 2 units, i tried it five times, and each failed. in the description it says, lvl 2s are absorbed with 90% chance.
also when i absorb lvl 0 rats, it works, but also shows me the redeem failed text

in underground, near the exit, there are tw fields, which are daylight, in the north

James_The_Invisible

Paulomat4 wrote:Well, i was really surprised, when in the underground the mission goals contain some german. There's written, that this is the last scenario. Do you have a german translator?
I have no translators at all. I only use some strings what was already translated for mainline Wesnoth.
also redeem lvl 2 doesn't seems to work well on lvl 2 units, i tried it five times, and each failed. in the description it says, lvl 2s are absorbed with 90% chance.
Yes, I noticed it as well. I am working on fixing it.
in underground, near the exit, there are tw fields, which are daylight, in the north
Fixed, I will upload it with next release.
By the way I created two scenarios for Chapter 3.
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

Came across this in 1.10.6:
Attachments
return.jpg
James_The_Invisible

It happend when I gave side 5 objectives as well. But it seems to be a 1.10.x specific bug, on 1.11.x it works just fined. Anyhow fixed.
Jeffers0n

Post by Jeffers0n »

Hi,
First of all, I really like this campaign, although the maps might be made more interesting.
Anyway, my redeem failed on a L1 skeleton while I had a 100% chance to succeed. and it might be better to put a cooldown to redeem like in LotI, since I haven't used my regular ranged attacks since I got redeem.
James_The_Invisible

Jeffers0n wrote:First of all, I really like this campaign
Thank you.
my redeem failed on a L1 skeleton while I had a 100% chance to succeed.
Did it really happen when you have redeem level 2 or higher? If you had only on level 1 then it could happen (you had only 90 % chance in this case). And in which scenario did it happend? In some scenarios you cannot use redeem but it is mentioned in objectives.
By the way there was some troubles with redeem - it did not work on level 2 + units. It was fixed but it will come with next release.
and it might be better to put a cooldown to redeem like in LotI, since I haven't used my regular ranged attacks since I got redeem.
At this moment I am not going to put a cooldown to redeem because you will not become so strong like in LotI because of redeem.