RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.3.2- 10.07.2020

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Crow_T

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.23

Post by Crow_T »

I just installed this and it looks like the Raid is still broken, first it went to an end scenario with no combat happening,then a reload made it work properly.
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

That was probably due to the old chache data.
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!!
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

bug (?) in "grave matter" : i did notice only after finishing the scenario
when you kill last undead you win scenario and you talk with the outlaws, from the dialog i can understand that they were supposed to ally vs the undead right?
but when the undead appear only your side comment them and the scenario objectives dont change (you still have to kill the outlaws)
i think it is bug, although i am not sure, but if it is, pls fix it, was kinda annoyning to fight both sides at once ^^
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Ouch...looking into it. The outlaws should ally with you.

[modify_side]
side=2
team_name=good
[/modify_side]

The team switch code is there, so it should work....unless it's changed in the newer branch.

EDIT:
Caught another error.
I changed the ID's of units, but I left Aquae as Elvish Sorceress...should be:
type=ElvishSorceres.

It will still work, but later she won't be able to upgrade to Grand Sorceress

Frak this. I'll re-work the ID's so there's no chance of confusion ever again.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

next thing: in "Royal Cover" and "Farewells by the Sea" could you make the objectives a little more detailed?
in the first one you could maybe say that you have to hold out till turns run out, i thought there was maybe a way to retreat ealier and i just overlooked it
in the second one the
- winning condition is: Defend the Harbor (does that mean if someone reaches the harbor you lose? or can i run around the map? or can i kill them all (well...thats not very possible, though))
- lose conditions are : Ellderon dies (as if you dont care for the others)
Turns run out (wtf?! you have unlimited turns, how is that gonna happen?)
its not that they are bugs, it is just something to make playing easier, so as player you dont get confused

EDIT: forgot to mention
in "Orcish Incursion" and in "Farewells by the Sea" there are some unmoveable units missplaced (in Fort Than there is even missing one)

EDIT 2: are you sure that you dont want to change the resistance vs arcane damage from elvish grand sorceress to 10% instead of 0%?
would seem more logically to me, before she had as enchantress 10% so why reduce when she levels?

EDIT 3: question: for what does the side from An'Sar need gold and income?

EDIT 4: in turn 22 the line [removeitem] impossible ( ship doesnt leave, you can still take it)
maybe WML changed?
TrashMan

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.24

Post by TrashMan »

1.24 now up.

Some older WML's replaced, some campaign fixes. Mission 10 isn't fixed yet, because I just noticed this post.

I suggest clearing your cache if oyu plan of re-starting a mission.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Konrad2 wrote:next thing: in "Royal Cover" and "Farewells by the Sea" could you make the objectives a little more detailed?
in the first one you could maybe say that you have to hold out till turns run out, i thought there was maybe a way to retreat ealier and i just overlooked it
in the second one the
- winning condition is: Defend the Harbor (does that mean if someone reaches the harbor you lose? or can i run around the map? or can i kill them all (well...thats not very possible, though))
- lose conditions are : Ellderon dies (as if you dont care for the others)
Turns run out (wtf?! you have unlimited turns, how is that gonna happen?)
its not that they are bugs, it is just something to make playing easier, so as player you dont get confused

EDIT: forgot to mention
in "Orcish Incursion" and in "Farewells by the Sea" there are some unmoveable units missplaced (in Fort Than there is even missing one)

EDIT 2: are you sure that you dont want to change the resistance vs arcane damage from elvish grand sorceress to 10% instead of 0%?
would seem more logically to me, before she had as enchantress 10% so why reduce when she levels?

EDIT 3: question: for what does the side from An'Sar need gold and income?

EDIT 4: in turn 22 the line [removeitem] impossible ( ship doesnt leave, you can still take it)
maybe WML changed?

Fixing all those things now.

the WML did change, it's [remove_item] now, and I guess I missed the last one...

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
TrashMan

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.2.5

Post by TrashMan »

Ok, 1.2.5 is now up.... those errors should be ixed.

Also added a slight bonus in mission 10.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
TrashMan

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.2.6

Post by TrashMan »

1.2.6 up.

Scenarios 8, 9 and 10 updated, maps tweaked.

Particularly wanted to make Scenario 9 a tad shorter and easier

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

i am now in "Inteferance"
you should alter the mission lose conditions a bit: i think that both elvish leaders are important and not only one of them, also you should better make losing a citizien to a lose condition

in "New World" you cant enter into the valley, even after seeing the phoenix
maybe there was in old WML something that removed a part of the mountain so you can enter?

the "marshall of light" dont works
when i was still general, it changed me into general of light, but when i am already marshall the change doesnt occur

and thx for the fast fix (although i will play it to the end before i try the fixed version)
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

It might take a while to fix the whole campaign...

Since I have a job and all, and I have to test each mission (several times) and go trough the campaign myself.

I myself am at mission10, so no big fixes beyond that.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
TrashMan

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.2.7

Post by TrashMan »

Got up to mission 14 with the fixing. Found the problem in 12 (New World).

Terrain code change, so the WML that was suppsoed to make the mountain passable didn't fire.

Also, I like to hide easter eggs here and there. There is one in mission 13. To activate it, reach one of the farmhouses near te valley entrance. :wink:

EDIT: Updated again. Some balance fixes and tweaks.

More animations for Grand Sorceress and Archmage.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Question - since you don't get a healer untill mission 15 basicly, do you think that makes the campaign hard?
You do get a healer temporarily in mission 10, but she leaves again. Thing is, mission 12 is with no recruiting, a few fixed units and against some nasty enemies with poison.
Should I have the healer stay?

Also, the elvish rider Galas - someone confirm if he stays with you after mission 09 (Royal Cover). Because he shouldn't. He's supposed to leave, but for some reason he doesn't.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

when i played galad left and said that he is trying to get help from ashendale

healer isnt needed in scenario 12, but would be godly in scenario 9 cos you dont have much villages near the defense position to heal troops