need 1.11.2 animation help

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
cephalo

Re: need 1.11.2 animation help

Post by cephalo »

Coffee wrote:
Yes. I copied the ANIMATION_08_INTERNAL macro across into a new file in utils.

The change was what you had commented out for testing -- changing the type of unit "Don" to "Anicient Feral Dragon" and setting variables initialization. Look at this unit bottom-right from the start and you should see it chomping?
Indeed. He is chomping away! I did not notice him before. Now I'm really confused. It's clearly working in this case. Thanks for your time in helping me get this sorted out. If I could just ask for one more favor. Move shifty north onto one of those small gold piles, and when the dragon in that vicinity turns friendly, do an inspect. You should see that the variable eating is set to true, and he's not animating. This may not have anything to do at all with the animation changes, but I would like to verify that I am not crazy!
Coffee
Inactive Developer

Post by Coffee »

cephalo wrote:
Coffee wrote:
Yes. I copied the ANIMATION_08_INTERNAL macro across into a new file in utils.

The change was what you had commented out for testing -- changing the type of unit "Don" to "Anicient Feral Dragon" and setting variables initialization. Look at this unit bottom-right from the start and you should see it chomping?
Indeed. He is chomping away! I did not notice him before. Now I'm really confused. It's clearly working in this case. Thanks for your time in helping me get this sorted out. If I could just ask for one more favor. Move shifty north onto one of those small gold piles, and when the dragon in that vicinity turns friendly, do an inspect. You should see that the variable eating is set to true, and he's not animating. This may not have anything to do at all with the animation changes, but I would like to verify that I am not crazy!
Ha. You are not crazy. The difference is that eating is "yes" and not "true". This is still a bug, but not with my new syntax changes (*phew*). Try changing the filter to match "yes" instead to verify.
cephalo

Post by cephalo »

Coffee wrote:
cephalo wrote:
Ha. You are not crazy. The difference is that eating is "yes" and not "true". This is still a bug, but not with my new syntax changes (*phew*). Try changing the filter to match "yes" instead to verify.
Hmm, that is a rather important bug, since I specifically only use 'true' and 'false' in my scenario code, and it's a behavior change. I suppose I should report that, although I'm not sure I understand the specific nature of the bug. For example, is it not legal to store the word 'true' as in t-r-u-e in a way that is not a boolean? Is this an intended rule change? Is 'true' supposed to equal 'yes' during evaluation?

EDIT: I just tried it under 1.10, and the inspect reports the variables as 'yes' or 'no' even though I use 'true' and 'false' in my wml. It works in that case because in 1.10 they are analogs. I think I see two bugs at play here. The first bug is that setting a variable at creation time is different than setting it later with wml, and the second bug is that 'true' is not analogous to 'yes' in filter evaluation. Do you agree with that assessment?

EDIT: Ok, changing the filter to ask for 'yes', fixes the dragon in the scenario, but breaks the dragon that you made from Don.
Coffee
Inactive Developer

Post by Coffee »

cephalo wrote:Hmm, that is a rather important bug, since I specifically only use 'true' and 'false' in my scenario code, and it's a behavior change. I suppose I should report that, although I'm not sure I understand the specific nature of the bug. For example, is it not legal to store the word 'true' as in t-r-u-e in a way that is not a boolean? Is this an intended rule change? Is 'true' supposed to equal 'yes' during evaluation?

EDIT: I just tried it under 1.10, and the inspect reports the variables as 'yes' or 'no' even though I use 'true' and 'false' in my wml. It works in that case because in 1.10 they are analogs. I think I see two bugs at play here. The first bug is that setting a variable at creation time is different than setting it later with wml, and the second bug is that 'true' is not analogous to 'yes' in filter evaluation. Do you agree with that assessment?

EDIT: Ok, changing the filter to ask for 'yes', fixes the dragon in the scenario, but breaks the dragon that you made from Don.
I've reported it here (always happy to handball to another developer). We'll see what happens. For now, I would change the filter to match either "true" or "yes".
cephalo

Post by cephalo »

Thanks again for your help.