standalone Wesnoth Tower Defense Game

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JasonVoorhees

standalone Wesnoth Tower Defense Game

Post by JasonVoorhees »

I just finished the "must have" features of my Tower Defense game based on Wesnoth resources. It's not well balanced yet. Maybe after some reliable feedback I'll adjust it ;)

Have fun :) - http://www.jason.gd/str/pokaz/Wesnoth_Tower_Defense

Due to DNS issues (on Opera Turbo and some ISPs) you can use this link: http://jasonuniverse-hrd.appspot.com/st ... er_Defense
Attachments
Screenshot from the game
Screenshot from the game
tr0ll

Re: standalone Wesnoth Tower Defense Game

Post by tr0ll »

it certainly gets harder over time
would be nice to have more variety of enemies
it wasnt clear to me that the units would never graduate to the next level or unit type
TheEmptyLord

Post by TheEmptyLord »

I found it pretty fun. My main problem was that it was too easy. With a setup I got by the 8-10th wave I could pretty much beat the next 20 or so waves. When I began upgrading and buying new units I could have 5-7 waves on the screen at once without having to worry about losing or worrying about strategy. Eventually, after having about 7 waves on screen for 5-6 rotations I managed to die. I realize this is meant to be a rather simple game, but upping the difficulty wouldn't hurt. A little more variety in enemies, or more specialized abilities might be fun as well.

Other than that, nice attempt.

On the mechanical side, it would be nice to be able to move around the screen either via arrow keys or by clicking the middle mouse button (like wesnoth) its a bit of a pain to do manually.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

not bad, adding more variety would be nice. like terrains, more enemys and towers and so on. The shyde is more then just overpowered with 4000 damage, i believe it should be 400
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl