The Library of Kratemaqht [SP Campaign]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Adamant14

Re: The Library of Kratemaqht [SP Campaign]

Post by Adamant14 »

When I played this scenario, first I also did not recognize that the enemies fight each other.
I noticed this not until half of the scenario was done.

Maybe a good idea to give the player a little hint at the beginning of this scenario.
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
cephalo

Post by cephalo »

Adamant14 wrote:When I played this scenario, first I also did not recognize that the enemies fight each other.
I noticed this not until half of the scenario was done.

Maybe a good idea to give the player a little hint at the beginning of this scenario.
Jevyan says to retreat to his line and not get between the rebels and orcs, but maybe he needs to be more emphatic about it.

Here is the exact quote:
"Our cause is not lost while these traitors go unpunished! Tell your men to retreat to my line! Do not stand between the orcs and the rebels! Let the orcs do what they do. Those traitors can get their just desserts from them as well as from us!"

What do you think? Did I just catch you guys skimming? :D
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

that was clear to me when i played it
but i still tried to keep both enemies off the houses and castle and make them fight each other on the docks and road
alluton

Post by alluton »

The dragon in the first scenario was amazing.
"This game cured me of my real life addiction."
-Flameslash
gooby

Post by gooby »

cephalo wrote:
gooby wrote:I forget the scenario names now but the one with the rebels and the Orcs and the pikemen and bowmen on your side was unusually brutal for me: incurred huge losses while only having a few turns left.

In the following scenario I had relatively cash compared to my opponents, and gave up there.

Is there a secret to winning these two?
If you give up some ground so that the rebels and Orcs make contact, they will fight each other. They start with a lot of gold so you want them to expend that big initial push on each other. Play defense until they start running out of gas, but try to pick some off for experience. I guess the trick is to not let the AI rob you of too much experience, because you want about 2 or 3 max level for the next scenario.

If you have a fairly strong hit force in the next one, hopefully you can send an assassination squad around the bottom of the map to eliminate the two leaders before your ally collapses.

Also, what difficulty are you playing on? There's a good possibility that 'hard' is just too hard. Hard is usually too hard for me so I didn't test it. I'm not such a good player.
I'm playing on Normal.

I'll have to get back to you on whether your suggestion works—that is more or less what I tried to do to begin with—because I deleted all my save files in order to start over again. (I had close to 5,000 and Load took forever to open.)
Ghash

Post by Ghash »

Love this campaign, I've often felt that good political intrigue was missing from campaign and of course the dragon. The way he spews fire that hits everyone around and not just the target, his animation is amazing.

When you load up an update could you put a comment on what's new, it would help us to decide if we need to update it.

Thanks for all the work you have put into this game
cephalo

Post by cephalo »

Good idea. I put a version history in the first post. The first update was very minor, which is good to know for someone in the middle of a campaign. Glad you enjoy the campaign!
cephalo

Post by cephalo »

Hmm, I've been playtesting this campaign with 1.11, and I have a broken recall list between Ariphron's refugees, Shifty's spy mission, and Jevyan taking over Ariphron's recall list. Does anyone know if other campaigns have similar issues porting to 1.11? I'll have to fix it after the holidays. Nobody has noticed any such trouble with 1.10 right? I'm assuming this is 1.11 related.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

I had a similar problem with my campaign.
Here is the thread: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 43#p544561

Elvish_Hunter summed it up very well in one sentence. :)
Elvish_Hunter wrote:If you're still using 1.11.0, then it's this bug: https://gna.org/bugs/index.php?20208 . The solution is simple: update to 1.11.1. 8)
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
cephalo

Post by cephalo »

Oh thanks, I just love easy fixes. :) EDIT: Argh, no luck. I was using 1.11.1. I'll have to investigate in a week or so. Happy holidays everyone.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Do you have found a solution for your problem?

With BfW 1.11.1 I have now the same problem. :(
The recall list of one side keeps empty.
cephalo

Post by cephalo »

Adamant14 wrote:Do you have found a solution for your problem?

With BfW 1.11.1 I have now the same problem. :(
The recall list of one side keeps empty.
I am told there is a bug that also affects some of the mainline campaigns and that it will be fixed. So, I'm just waiting for the next release.

http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=38106
gooby

Post by gooby »

Any word on the latest developments?
cephalo

Post by cephalo »

gooby wrote:Any word on the latest developments?
I'll probably wait until the next 1.11.x update to finish testing the 1.11 version of this.
marecki

Post by marecki »

This is a great campaign, the custom dragon in particular was amazing. Also, unusually for Wesnoth, I'm enjoying the story a lot.
Quick question: am I supposed to lose the entire recall list except for scholars in Evacuation? I mean, it says Pass of Batos is the last battle with Jevyan's units, but I was pretty sure loyals would follow Antheia.