Campaign: Saving Elensefar

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mkgego

Post by Mkgego »

In scenario Fire Island Black the Red says : "I think somethign is living on this island... and we should find out what it is."

Somethign should be something^^...only error I have found :D
WoW C-Mode activated...
For the horde :D
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Mkgego wrote:In scenario Fire Island Black the Red says : "I think somethign is living on this island... and we should find out what it is."

Somethign should be something^^...only error I have found :D
Thanks.

BTW, i've been meaning to work on the campaign, but random stuff has been getting in the way... expect great progress over christmas break. :)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Got to high seas, killed the undead, then beat orc mountain, but then it's not possible to beat the elves because I can no longer recruit and attrition on my recallable units takes its toll. Does this mean I should have recruited all I could in say a naval engagement?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

santi wrote:Got to high seas, killed the undead, then beat orc mountain, but then it's not possible to beat the elves because I can no longer recruit and attrition on my recallable units takes its toll. Does this mean I should have recruited all I could in say a naval engagement?
there are easier islands to go to before you get to the elves, i advise you try them. but yes, you should have recruited more. i'm going to see if its possible to get rid of the 80% gold retainment, and make it 100%, since IMHO that would help balance the campaign.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

New version (0.4.1). Work with 0.8.8 (important: does NOT work with 0.8.9-CVS.)

Features:
* Three new scenarios (completely unbalanced, though)
* The plot thickens; there are no major revelations to come, except the one at the very end (which is, who is Black the Red anyway?)
* Unfortunately no scenario balancing (i've been delayed)

Wish List (since that's what it really is):
* Portraits (see above)
* Scenario balancing
* Finish final scenarios (i have maps)
The World of Orbivm
Invisible Philosopher

Post by Invisible Philosopher »

turin wrote:i'm going to see if its possible to get rid of the 80% gold retainment, and make it 100%, since IMHO that would help balance the campaign.
Instead of result=victory, use result=continue. (I'm not sure whether/how bonus works if you also specify bonus=yes.) That means you'd have to use [endlevel] tags for all victory conditions, so if you have any wins from enemies defeated, you would need the scenario to have and endlevel tag in an enemies defeated event.
Play a Silver Mage in the Wesvoid campaign.
MRhe

Post by MRhe »

I just downloaded the most recent version from the campaign server and when I landed at the isle with the Naga, it says "Failure to load scenario, Merman_Lord unit not found" or something similar. Is this scenario unfinished?
Invisible Philosopher

Post by Invisible Philosopher »

MRhe wrote:I just downloaded the most recent version from the campaign server and when I landed at the isle with the Naga, it says "Failure to load scenario, Merman_Lord unit not found" or something similar. Is this scenario unfinished?
The obsolete Merman Lord unit was recently removed from Wesnoth (it is now the Triton). It is possible that this campaign is supposed to have a custom Merman Lord unit, though it seems unlikely. Of course, the campaign maker would know.
Play a Silver Mage in the Wesvoid campaign.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Invisible Philosopher wrote:
MRhe wrote:I just downloaded the most recent version from the campaign server and when I landed at the isle with the Naga, it says "Failure to load scenario, Merman_Lord unit not found" or something similar. Is this scenario unfinished?
The obsolete Merman Lord unit was recently removed from Wesnoth (it is now the Triton). It is possible that this campaign is supposed to have a custom Merman Lord unit, though it seems unlikely. Of course, the campaign maker would know.
I'll fix that. (it will still be labelled version 0.4.1, though, since its a minor bugfix.)
The World of Orbivm
MRhe

Post by MRhe »

Also, after beating the isle with the Loyalist troops, I can't load the scenario "A King's Demand" and it says that the unit "Lieutenant" is not found.

Good work on the campaign, though, Turin. Pretty original idea and creative use of terrain (the ship-to-ship battle was cool) and I liked the addition of the "villages" on the ship. Also the concept of not being able to further recruit after that ship scenario is interesting from a strategic standpoint, as you really have to be careful keeping your troops alive and developing an elite fighting corps. However, I think you should make this apparent somehow, or at least hint at it...perhaps have Meneldur say something like "We'd better recruit all the help we can now because we may not be able to find help on the High Seas!" The first time I played I simply didn't have enough troops to beat the Orc isle.

Or something.
MRhe

Post by MRhe »

Actually, it says that the "Leiutenant" unit is not found. It's spelled like this; perhaps this is the bug?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

MRhe wrote:Actually, it says that the "Leiutenant" unit is not found. It's spelled like this; perhaps this is the bug?
on which scenario?

yes, that is another bug.
The World of Orbivm
MRhe

Post by MRhe »

turin wrote:
MRhe wrote:Actually, it says that the "Leiutenant" unit is not found. It's spelled like this; perhaps this is the bug?
on which scenario?

I got the message after beating the Loyalist isle (with Thandor[sp?]). I saved it, and it said the next scenario was "A King's Demand" but it wouldn't load.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

MRhe wrote:
turin wrote: on which scenario?

I got the message after beating the Loyalist isle (with Thandor[sp?]). I saved it, and it said the next scenario was "A King's Demand" but it wouldn't load.
Has been fixed... download again and load replay of "Wesnothian Forces".
The World of Orbivm
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Just an update... it is progressing nicely... i may be done by the end of break! (around jan. 3). Depends on how much i get done... but what i need now is to balance them. thats the hardest part... can people post whatever balancing issues they find with scenarios? :)
The World of Orbivm