Great Race

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

NeoAmos

Great Race

Post by NeoAmos »

Great Race was one of my favorite multilayer scenario in wesnoth 1.6. Everyone I have played with also find it to be a great scenario. Unfortunately, the creators, Lunar2, and Weeksy no longer update it to the newer versions of Wesnoth. If anyone is able to update great race for the current version of wesnoth, that would be awesome (I tried and failed).
Dugi

Re: Great Race

Post by Dugi »

I was able to upgrade it, but I had no idea what to do with the version. Get it here.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

you can load it up Dugi, im sure nobody will complain about it (as long the version is close to the original).
(and if somebody does you can still delete the upload)
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
NeoAmos

Post by NeoAmos »

Thank you!

I forgot I had asked about this before... now i feel so stupid D:
Anyway, its a great scenario, and if you wanted to upload it probably no one would mind, as Mabuse said.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Okay, I have uploaded it to the 1.10 server.
FallenPhoenix

Post by FallenPhoenix »

- Fixed invalid map path in Great_Race.cfg
- Fixed outdated color tags "<150,150,150>" in shop options.
- Removed invalid and unneeded [binary_path] in _main.cfg
- SET_LABEL_PERSISTANT macro was replaced by mainline SET_LABEL, cause it's equal.
- Made it translatable by correcting text-domains, fixing some string and generating pot-file. I don't understand, how to use official wmlxgettext versions good, so using own javascript.
- Translated to Russian.

Upload this please.
Attachments
Great Race v1.4.2.7z
(13.04 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
Independent translator. // Sorry for my English :)
Моя версия перевода [url=http://forum.wesnothlife.ru/index.php?topic=1141.0]тут[/url].
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Dammit, you gave me a hard time packing that into a 7z archive. Windows 7 is not capable to unpack it, I had to switch to Linux.

Embarrassingly, I have somehow left there that crash bug (I was sure the whole thing worked before, probably I changed the name of the folder without realising what it might cause).

I uploaded it as version 1.4.2.1.
FallenPhoenix

Post by FallenPhoenix »

Dugi wrote:Dammit, you gave me a hard time packing that into a 7z archive. Windows 7 is not capable to unpack it, I had to switch to Linux.
:lol2: What about install 7-Zip, WinRAR or PeaZip there?
Independent translator. // Sorry for my English :)
Моя версия перевода [url=http://forum.wesnothlife.ru/index.php?topic=1141.0]тут[/url].
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I am limited with download volume, and this freeware is not as small as browsing wesnoth. And getting most of this freeware requires visiting pages full of download-heavy ads and many of these things want me to install it through SoftonicDownloader, that is another download and also another upload because it sends some data about my documents to their server. And I can't trust any exe file I come across.

Of course, I did not expect to google such a good link like the one you gave me, that one was useful.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

I'll vouch for 7-zip. Website looks like a butt, but it's good software.