Linux Error bug?

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Crow_T

Linux Error bug?

Post by Crow_T »

When loading a campaign or era that has bugs, you get a pop up saying what the problem is and where- on Windows this goes away with the first click of 'OK," on Linux, both Ubuntu 10.04 and 12.04, you have to click the OK many times to get it to proceed. Anyone else experience this? I've seen it on 2 machines running a different OS.
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: Linux Error bug?

Post by doofus-01 »

Yes, I have seen this too. On Linux, I don't know about other OS. It has been going on for quite a while, I don't remember when it showed up. At first, I thought it was something I did, then I just got used to it.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It's happening to me on Linux as well. I never even noticed that it does not happen on Windows. That's why I usually hit Alt+F4 to close Wesnoth and hit its launcher to start it again immediately, and that is almost as fast as hitting 'OK' and then F5.
A workaround should be running it on Wine when using Linux, Wesnoth runs on Wine as fast as on Windows (but it seems to run slower on Windows than on Linux, but it's just my experience or impression).
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

Thanks for confirming- I'm having issues logging onto GNA, any chance of someone sending a bug report?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

You don't need to log in to GNA to report a bug.
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

Thanks Dugi, submitted.