[REPAIRED]1.11.1 does not seem to work

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
JaMiT
Inactive Developer

Re: [REPAIRED]1.11.1 does not seem to work

Post by JaMiT »

Those results are surprising. And informative. I have a hypothesis, but it will take some time to verify it.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It was an honour to help you to figure something out.
JaMiT
Inactive Developer

Post by JaMiT »

My explanation for what is going on seems plausible, but since the crash does not happen for me, it is impossible to know for sure if this will solve the problem for others. Could you revert the changes to parser.cpp and try a change to a different file? In src/tstring.hpp, line 148 is

Code: Select all

operator t_string_base() const { return get(); }
See what happens if you change that to

operator const t_string_base &() const { return get(); }
(I added a "const" keyword and an ampersand.)

Sorry, it will be a long compile this time.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It worked as well.
JaMiT
Inactive Developer

Post by JaMiT »

The fix (the change to tstring.hpp) has been committed to trunk. Looks like undefined behavior (dependent on the compiler) that we were just lucky to have not blow up for everyone.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Well, this problem is not over. The game freezes quite badly whenever I try to play (I only verified if it loads before, because that is where it used to crash), so when the map is shown (after all prestart events, story, and so on) it will not continue. It happens at anytime, it crashed with HttT, AOI, and also with my own campaign. Whenever I started from the lobby or I loaded a save file made in the middle of a scenario. Terminal output showed only this (everything before looked unrelated, about checking and finding some files, the last one was about finding something):

debug display: draw() with invalidateAll
Once it crashed my computer so that even a forced logout didn't help. In other cases, it was stuck quite badly, didn't seem to react to anything else than kill process, and it was consuming maximum CPU it could and eating more and more RAM, so that it reached even 3 GiB before I stopped it.

There is a problem with my campaign that happens only on 1.11.1, and I need to debug it, so I'll try to install it with scons.
EDIT: It works when I compile it with scons. It crashed once with a segmentation fault, when I opened the in-game dropdown menu, but it didn't happen again (maybe it happened because I was playing it and installing it at the same time, but installing should not alter the compiled files...).