Wesnoth 1.10.4

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Wesnoth 1.10.4

Post by ivanovic »

Wesnoth 1.10.4 is out!

This is a bugfix release for the 1.10.x series and it is compatible with the other 1.10.x versions.

Since the release of 1.10.3 several smaller issues were reported. Most of those were fixed in this release. The fixes center around terrain transitions, campaign problems and some smaller user interface tweaks. Of course many translations received updates and should be more polished now.

As usual, there is the full changelog listing (almost) all changes since 1.10.3. There’s also an alternative players changelog including only notable, user-visible changes .

Known Issues (might be fixed in the next release(s))

There are no known issues at the moment.

Downloads

Source code:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnoth ... 2/download (326.8 MB) md5sum
Here is the XDelta for the sources:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnoth ... a/download (1.10.3 to 1.10.4, 2.8 MB)
Check http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?t=7034 for information on using XDelta.

The Windows package is already available. You can find it on the download page.

The Mac OS X package is already available. You can find it on the download page.

The OpenPandora package is already available. You can find it on the download page.

Many of the Linux packages have already been created, and all known packagers have been contacted. Information about where to get the respective binaries or how to get them to work can be found in the Linux binaries page in the wiki. Download links for other supported systems will be available at the download page once the packages are created and published.

As a fallback you can also get the sources from http://files.wesnoth.org/ — but you should first try to get the files through SourceForge.net to help us save bandwidth. Please get the files from SourceForge.net if possible.

The multiplayer server for 1.9.13, 1.9.14 as well as 1.10.x is up and running. This server can only be used to play with other users of 1.9.13 and later. If you do encounter problems, please report them.

The add-ons server for 1.10.x is already running. It was started during the development of 1.9.0 and it serves content for all 1.9.x and 1.10.x versions. If you encounter any problems with add-ons not working as expected, please notify the content’s author — most of them should be here in the Scenario & Campaign Development forum.

If you find any bugs, don’t hesitate to report them, but please read the instructions on how to report bugs first! As bug reports in the forums tend not to be forgotten, you will get better results using the official bug tracker. Again, we require your help for finding and fixing issues, no matter how trivial or complicated they are!

Enjoy!

PS: Within the next seven days anyone asking when the binary for xyz will be ready will be banned and the post will be deleted. Such questions just distract the developers and packagers and don’t do any good, so better not ask them...
nickg4000

Re: Wesnoth 1.10.4

Post by nickg4000 »

I'm not sure if I should post this here but having upgraded from 1.10.3 I've found the following problems on Ubuntu 12.04:

1. Generally everything runs a lot slower.
2. When I press ctrl-F to go to full screen the whole thing locks up giving me a blank screen that is very hard to get out of. I'm not actually sure what I do to get out of it but hitting buttons (Esc, Windows etc.) and clicking on the mouse seems to get me out eventually.
3. The full screen mode that I got to via the preferences box is fuzzy compared to just maximised screen. This wasn't so with the previous version.

I'll check the drivers for my graphics card but I preferred the previous version :(

Thanks for the effort though
Luther

Post by Luther »

I've been experiencing similar problems since at least 1.10 beta. Did you start using Gnome 3 recently?
nickg4000 wrote: 2. When I press ctrl-F to go to full screen the whole thing locks up giving me a blank screen that is very hard to get out of. I'm not actually sure what I do to get out of it but hitting buttons (Esc, Windows etc.) and clicking on the mouse seems to get me out eventually.
If that happens, move the mouse around the right area of the screen. (The mouse should be there even if you can't see it.) The buttons should show up as you pass over them. Then you should be able to do stuff normally.
nickg4000 wrote: 3. The full screen mode that I got to via the preferences box is fuzzy compared to just maximised screen. This wasn't so with the previous version.
It's probably at a low resolution. Go to Preferences -> Display -> Change Resolution. If that doesn't work, close Wesnoth and open the file at ~/.config/wesnoth/preferences and search for the keys xresolution= and yresolution=. Change them to match your monitor resolution.
nickg4000

Post by nickg4000 »

The resolution is the same as my native display 1366 x 768 (or thereabouts). I've uninstalled and reinstalled and noticed that the cursor doesn't make the screen scroll in all directions as it should. Also for some reason with the skip and arrow buttons during the story telling part the with the cursor hovering over skip the right arrow would become highlighted...

Regarding the mouse and the buttons with the blank screen - it's not the same. I know what you mean with the pre-game menu, but I mean whilst playing when there are no buttons. Also the screen flashes between black and very dark brown rather than being a passive blank screen as I've had before and think you mean.

I think I'll go back to 1.10.3 for now. Thanks for the quick response though.
nickg4000

Post by nickg4000 »

Just to say I've reinstalled 1.10.3 and the problems have disappeared...
Svistwarrior273
Translator

Post by Svistwarrior273 »

Package BfW 1.10.4 for Ubuntu 12.04 Precise is really bad. Instalation caused error with grafic-drivers on my pc, so i removed package in text-mode. What with it? As Nickg4000, obviously i will stay at 1.10.3

E: But please, where i can install 1.10.3 then? In software center is only bad 1.10.4 :(
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Unlike the Windows version, the Ubuntu packages do not bundle their own version of the SDL library (already provided by Ubuntu in a different package set) which is usually what may conflict with your graphics drivers or windowing system, so downgrading to 1.10.3 is probably not going to help you.

But if you feel adventurous, you could try compiling 1.10.3 from source and reporting back.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Svistwarrior273
Translator

shadowmaster wrote: so downgrading to 1.10.3 is probably not going to help you.
No, 1.10.3 on my pc was ok, only upgrade to 1.10.4 was obviously bad step.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Are you absolutely sure nothing changed in the meantime other than your Wesnoth version? Surely your system is configured to upgrade other packages automatically.

The reason I’m asking is because nothing changed in the possibly relevant components in our own source code tree between 1.10.3 and 1.10.4.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Svistwarrior273
Translator

Yes, i am absolutely sure. Only wesnoth version.
Svistwarrior273
Translator

Hm.., I've installed new driver and everything is ok now, 1.10.4 also.. :eng:
Last edited by Svistwarrior273 on May 6th, 2013, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

What is the meaning of this? There are numerous of bugs mentioned on gna, most notably the crashing in Plunging into Darkness. Seeing this cliché in all release announcements is quite misleading.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Dugi wrote:
What is the meaning of this? There are numerous of bugs mentioned on gna, most notably the crashing in Plunging into Darkness. Seeing this cliché in all release announcements is quite misleading.
Isn’t that 1.11.0? Why is this post in the announcement topic for 1.10.4 instead of 1.10.5, anyway?

I did not redact the first announcement from which Ivanovic has copy-pasted over the years, but having worked in reviewing and revising the latest announcements I would say this only pertains to known critical bugs at the time of the release, and not issues that crop up afterwards. Would you propose an alternative phrasing for this?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Isn’t that 1.11.0?
Sorry, I thought it was in 1.10 branch. Anyway, there is a plenty of other bugs, though not so significant.
Why is this post in the announcement topic for 1.10.4 instead of 1.10.5, anyway?
Because I didn't want to post this to a new announcement because of its low level of importance.
Would you propose an alternative phrasing for this?
Maybe 'Remarkable issues.' Or 'Significant issues.' This creates the false impression that there are no bugs at all.