A Vision Blinded (15 scenarios, all complete and working)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

AxalaraFlame

Re: A Vision Blinded (15 scenarios, all complete and working

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Anyway, I beat it in the oringinal version, in which version it is even harder, the enemies get Javerlineers (decently surpressing the surviving champions) and 26*5 income. The replay is not functioning anymore due to update/sync crap, so I did not upload it; but it is decently fought and gets less RNG luck involved than my last replay. Total stats was +5%/-2% (if my memory is right), 11 losses (2 avengers, 1 sharpshotter, 1 lv3 horse, all recalled Champions :augh: ), leader/marshal/troll nearly got chukled in the last turn...

It is beatable, then why do I still rebalance it? Basically because this scenerio brought severe side effects, campaign imbalance and difficulties in all succedent scenerios, make some of them extremely hard on a comparatively low starting-gold level and lack of lv3s. What's more, a great mental stress on players :)

In my last update, I nerfed their income down to 20*5, thus after the first wave you could have a few turns to heal decently instead of desperately fending the reinforcements off, taking damage. Javerlineers are cut out of their recruit list. What's more, boss assasination bonus is doubled (although not very necessary if you don't try kill them).

Try few more times and use some exotic strategies instead. Besides, a hint: send three lv3 horses to assasinate 2 bosses is a very feasible strategy.
I am currently testing normal difficulty. I will eliminate all of their after-assasination reinforcements in the next update, and nerf down normal difficulty as well. If you still think it is too hard, I will rebalance it again. :)
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

AxalaraFlame wrote:Besides, a hint: send three lv3 horses to assasinate 2 bosses is a very feasible strategy.
I watched your replay.
The part with the horse-riders to kill the south east enemy did work.
But I am not able to stand at the home front.
You are a very good player, but in this replay lady fortune fought on your side, right. :P
I'm not such a good player (as you), so I have not so many L3 units to recall.
I have a lot of gold, but limited numbers of L3 and L2 units. :(
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Yeah, that replay can be considered as trash now, since I had a better one. But after updating the campaign, it corrupts due to sync errors, so I did not uplpoad it. Knowing that it is beatable is enough, but that is not the point. The problem is this scenerio was severely imbalanced. It does not matter whether it is "beatable" or not, that is why I nerf down the difficulty.

Tell me, is it still too hard?
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

version="0.6.7"
Difficulty=HARD
Scenario=River_Runs_Red

For my taste it is still to hard.
AVB is just a medium hard campaign, and in my opinion this scenario doesn't fit to the rest of the campaign. :)
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Ok, I will nerf it down again, and see whether it would work.
Besides, you didn't notice it is hard before? :hmm:
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

AxalaraFlame wrote:Ok, I will nerf it down again, and see whether it would work.
Great. :)
AxalaraFlame wrote: Besides, you didn't notice it is hard before? :hmm:
Maybe I never played AVB on HARD before.
I always played it on normal.
I'm not the author of AVB, all I did was porting it to BfW 1.10
I maintained it for a while, but all I did was to fix some bugs.
I never changed the main settings of the original author Lemontree (except scenario "06_Emerging_from_the_Depths").
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

I just keep their income in a safe range, thus they won't be too overwhelming. But I guess the map is a problem as well, or they won't be coming too fast. Maybe I shall make them busy, send more scouts for villages, take more turns to arrive in my camp.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

AxalaraFlame wrote:I just keep their income in a safe range, thus they won't be too overwhelming. But I guess the map is a problem as well, or they won't be coming too fast. Maybe I shall make them busy, send more scouts for villages, take more turns to arrive in my camp.
Good idea.
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Updated.
Jim Goodridge

Post by Jim Goodridge »

I am just playing on normal. I have played this before and a River Ran Red is really really difficult. I have just started it again on this play through. The way I played it before, and it seemed to work, was
Spoiler:
I really don't like this scenario but I do like the campaign.

Best Regards
Jim
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Ok, so the normal level is too hard as well. Thanks for this feedback. I will figure out how to improve it. :)

An easier strategy:
Spoiler:
Last edited by AxalaraFlame on June 25th, 2013, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woodruff

Post by Woodruff »

One thing I notice is that MANY of the names are listed incorrectly within the game, as compared to the scenario objectives. This has caused me a lot of confusion, particularly in the later scenarios of the campaign. Frankly, it looks to me as if you completed everything, and then decided to change the names of a bunch of the characters. Is there a plan to correct these wrong names?
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Fixed.
Please update.
Woodruff

Post by Woodruff »

Thanks Adamant14, I really appreciate you jumping on it.

Now I need some advice, though it MAY be a bug.

I'm on the "For Auld Lang Syne" scenario, and having all kinds of grief.

I have to free a couple of keeps, while not allowing the wose king to die. Except that he's ALWAYS dead by Turn 9, even under his best conditions...and that's not enough time for me to get there to help.

His own woses essentially leave him completely undefended while they go attack the keep to the north of them.

I'm not sure if this is a bug...but if it's not, I have no idea what to do on it strategy-wise. Oh, and I'm playing on the EASY level.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

@Woodruff
Thank you for your feedback. :)

The scenario is to beat, even with only starting gold and no recalls (only fresh recruited level 1 units).
Important is that you save your 'stupid ally' from getting slayed by Orcs and Undead!
Maybe the objectives are not clear enough. :hmm:
Though the objectives say:

Code: Select all

[objective]
                description= _ "Death of the keep defender"
                condition="lose"
            [/objective]
Woodruff wrote:I have to free a couple of keeps, while not allowing the wose king to die. Except that he's ALWAYS dead by Turn 9, even under his best conditions...and that's not enough time for me to get there to help.
Woodruff wrote:I'm not sure if this is a bug...but if it's not, I have no idea what to do on it strategy-wise.

Important in this scenario is that you rush northwards as fast as you can, to keep your ally alive.
Don't waste to much time with fighting before you are able to protect the Wose leader.
If the Wose Leader is save, then start your attack.
Try it again, and please let me know if you still have trouble. :)

Things that maybe should get changed:
- Maybe the map is better playable without fog.
- The Wose leader doesn't share his keep, so side 1 isn't able to recruit there.
- Maybe there should be a hint, to make the objectives clearer.

What do you think about that?