To Lands Unknown 3.9

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gooby

Re: To Lands Unknown v1.5.6; v1.4.5

Post by gooby »

This campaign is pretty well balanced on Normal.

Fire Canyon doesn't give you enough gold though.
gooby

Post by gooby »

In fact it's extraordinary difficult.

From there on out it's easy though.
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

It is only extradinarily hard on that cave scemerio, which is very IMBA for scarcely having any villages to take or any bonus to buff the subsequent scenerios. There are too many enemies as well.
gooby

Post by gooby »

AxalaraFlame wrote:It is only extradinarily hard on that cave scemerio, which is very IMBA for scarcely having any villages to take or any bonus to buff the subsequent scenerios. There are too many enemies as well.
Which one, Ka-Gatta?

I'm about done with it. (Turn 32/60 and Mehir has got the armor.)

It's important not to recruit too much in the beginning; I only recruited one keep so as to arouse the bats less.

(Is it by design that the bats can preempt you from getting the ring of regeneration?? That's super annoying.)
gooby

Post by gooby »

OK, I'm through but I have too little gold. (100 vs 350)
Creativity

Post by Creativity »

Very impressed so far, I am on scenario 7.

How am I supposed to
Spoiler:
?
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

To Lands Unknown 1.6.0 is now available!

Code: Select all

Version 1.6.0

- Dependencies
    * Moved all images with no translatable content into a separate add-on
      called To Lands Unknown: Images
    * Requires Era of Magic 1.0.0

- Language and Translations
    * New translations: German, Hungarian
    * Updated translation: Polish

- Scenarios
    * Converted instances of Ggf to Gg^Efm in scenario 14
We recommend that you download To Lands Unknown from SourceForge:
TLU (1.6.0): https://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnot ... own/1.6.0/
TLU_Images (1.0.0): https://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnot ... ges/1.0.0/

If you encounter any bugs, would like to file a feature request, or would like to submit a patch, please click here.
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
AxalaraFlame

Re: To Lands Unknown v1.6.0

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Excellent! :D
Too bad I would not be able to get access to internet for a week recently, but I wish I could play it.

(FYI, I still did not see your promised Mehir's portrait :wink: )
metrux32

Post by metrux32 »

Well, great campaing! I must add that, even tough ive played to the end kind of 6 add-on campaings, while counting the main ones your is still the best. I just dont liked the end... :annoyed: Exactly because, well :hmm: ... It ends :augh:
So, yeah, id like to see a continuation of it, or more campaings in this world, maybe showing the other two "supreme" beings from the abyss, explaining somethings about the abyss and the red abyss, and, maybe, even a campaing explicitly at the abyss! :mrgreen:
Well, maybe im asking for too much, i know how hard that coding and making all these arts can be, but congratulations for the great campaing ^_^
Aenaon

Post by Aenaon »

This is without a single shadow of doubt, one of the best, if not the best campaign I have played through time and the various "reincarnations" of the Battle for Wesnoth. You can tell there has been a lot of workhours spend on its creation, from the factions, the animations, the descriptions, the artwork to the intriguing, to say the least, storyline. Just wanted to congratulate anyone involved and maybe hope for another campaign telling a different story or picking up from where this first one stopped.

Now to something less pleasurable lol. Have been playing the latest TLU and at the Chaos scenario I was surprised by the fact that Aerius actually springs forth to attack me and well dies, which for some reason not only doesn't end the scenario but also doesn't trigger the whole "wire-fu" event where Rashti goes all ultimate being on his arrogant behind.

I am getting the following message <invalid WML found> invalid x= in [scroll_to]
Which kind of messes with my fun at the moment. Any ideas on how to solve this?

I am going to also try and upload my save from that last turn and hope someone has an idea.
Attachments
TLU-Chaos-Auto-Save7.gz
(116.45 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

In 06_Gates_to_the_Past, is it intended that you can progress to the next level without finding the tablet? because I found the bodies, and the "still searching" becomes no, and when the objective changes to "Find the enemy", you can just simply go to the gates and go to the next level.
A witty saying proves nothing.
-Voltaire
BioHazardX

Post by BioHazardX »

If you encounter any bugs, would like to file a feature request, or would like to submit a patch, please click here.
I've just submitted my translation as a patch in the sourceforge site.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

In the scenario, where mehir burns the corpses of tashkars soldiers he says, "i would bring your bones to Ka-gatta, but this is no longer on our way." <But he goes to ka-gatta. Didn't you rather meant Al-kamija?
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

Paulomat4 wrote:In the scenario, where mehir burns the corpses of tashkars soldiers he says, "i would bring your bones to Ka-gatta, but this is no longer on our way." <But he goes to ka-gatta. Didn't you rather meant Al-kamija?
Way is used here as a synonym of method, tradition, and refers to the burial rituals: The Summoners of his time do not bury their dead in catacombs (as in Ka-Gatta), but instead cremate them.
At least, that is how I see it both as player and as translator.
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

okay, sry i'm not a native speaker. :lol2:
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl