Fighting to the end

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
martenzo

Fighting to the end

Post by martenzo »

I had the idea, that if there is a unit with leadership, then it would take control of your troops in case you are eliminated from the game. For example: You are playing with elves in multiplayer and you die, but you have an elvish marshal, the elvish marshal takes control of your troops and fights to the end as an AI controlled player. The AI player obtains your gold and villages, but if the AI leader dies too the effect is not repeated. If there are more than 1 same level units with leadership, they break off in two the ones who stay loyal to the memory of you (the troops with the traits loyal or intelligent) , and those who go rebellious (all units without intelligent or loyal traits).
MRhe

Post by MRhe »

Why would/should it be AI-controlled? That doesn't make sense to me.

Otherwise the idea is pretty cool, and I think something like it would be an interesting option for multiplayer games.
Na'enthos

Post by Na'enthos »

MRhe wrote:Why would/should it be AI-controlled? That doesn't make sense to me.
Well, I think martenzo reasons like this: Multiplayer game is playing and at one point one person loses because of the loss of his/her general. At that point, the AI takes over and directs the players remaining forces as the player has already lost.

However, one can also think of a similar thing: Creating a way to keep on playing (i.e.: not having lost the game) after one loses his/her general, by making a unit replace the general as leader of one's army.
Breeblebox

Post by Breeblebox »

Bear, as in Fozzy,Bare, as in Arms,Beer, as in Free.
Distro | Browser
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Breeblebox wrote:Deja Vu check... http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3727
Just one? as I recall, at least three threads have been created on this subject.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Breeblebox

Post by Breeblebox »

I'm sure you are right EP (meems and all), I didn't mean to suggest that I came up with this, which is obviously not the case... =]
Bear, as in Fozzy,Bare, as in Arms,Beer, as in Free.
Distro | Browser
martenzo

Post by martenzo »

Na'enthos wrote:Well, I think martenzo reasons like this: Multiplayer game is playing and at one point one person loses because of the loss of his/her general. At that point, the AI takes over and directs the players remaining forces as the player has already lost.
Exacly my point. The dead player can choose either to stay in the game as an observer or leave the game, but after his in-game self, the leader, is dead, (s)he shouldn't affect the game anymore. Btw I had the idea before I saw your thread Breeblebox, I still got some updates to my idea from there.
Last edited by martenzo on December 15th, 2004, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
MRhe

Post by MRhe »

Oh...I'm not much of a fan of this idea; if I beat a human player I'm not interested in finishing off some AI units.

I'd be interested in the possibility of that player being able to make a comeback though, i.e. the human would continue playing.

Not against the possibility of it existing, but I wouldn't like to play with the option of the AI-takeover.