Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

Hm, I don't know about any other campaign with such expanded environment and a normal story (or is it the story you like?). Campaigns I like are Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm (I am not and I never was a real Wesnoth player, I have not played much more scenarios than written if I don't count testing, actually), but I suppose you've played them.
All I can suggest to you is to try to play some other games, or try my campaign on a harder difficulty.

Btw, I am still writing 4th scenario, I wanted to add a new unit, but the graphic work took me too much time.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

In LotI1-The Return is EdC supposed to have neither his full weapons arsenal nor units to recruit?

Did you look again at the crazy specials in the recall list?
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

In LotI1-The Return is EdC supposed to have neither his full weapons arsenal nor units to recruit?
No, this was not supposed to happen. I have encountered this problem once, but it was because I was editing save files trying to quickly finish a scenario. But this problem could be created ONLY by editing save files, unless the WML was changed seriously.
Generally, the thing that happened is that your side was not saved. This can be happen only if the leader's id changed somehow, so the only possible reason was that you attempted to change that Efraim_de_Ceise to Efraim de Ceise. Or file corruption. Replaying one scenario back (from the last save file from it) or just restarting that scenario from the save named LotI1-The_Return.gz are the solutions I can think about. And getting rid of the changes if you have done some. I was never reported this and in the save file I was sent, everything happened correctly.
Did you look again at the crazy specials in the recall list?
This was fixed. I checked it right now. Either not all of your units were updated (this thing does not take effect immediately, may take a few scenarios), or you have an old version.

Update: 4th scenario finished.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Hm, didn't touch the saves. But I went back to the last save I had from RolE and now EdC has his weapons. I guess not being able to recruit is wanted. And I'm on the latest update.

Edit: weapons gone from one turn to another.
Attachments
global_events.cfg
Including Dugi's Defensive Retaliation code
(43.15 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
LotI1-Where_the_Sun_Does_..._Turn_27.gz
(272.99 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
LotI1-Where_the_Sun_Does_..._Turn_26.gz
(271.72 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

The disappearance of attacks was weird, but when I manipulated the inventory, they came back and stopped disappearing. Maybe it was related to that defensive retaliation code (this is the only thing that manipulates the attacks without restoring them in the process), but I was unable to prove the relation.

Update: Finished 5th scenario.
contra

Post by contra »

I found the reason for hp lost.

The function (or whatever) leeches is buggy on some compilers -> https://gna.org/bugs/index.php?20160 . The current 1.11 has a fix, that makes liches nearly unbeatable (maybe on some compilers) because when the have full hp, the get thousands of hp after a succesful attack.

The inventory doesn't seem to work, I store things in it but I choose potions.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Well, I am glad it was clarified. On which version of Wesnoth did it happen? I am using 1.10.4 and it is fine (and it was fine for me on all versions from 1.10.0, I am using Linux Ubuntu). I hope it's only on 1.11.1, because that one will be updated soon again.

And with the inventory, how many times do I have to write it here, when it is written also in the inventory message that other items than potions can be taken from the inventory only until the second turn because it would be easily exploitable otherwise? :evil:
contra

Post by contra »

All the time missunderstood. Sorry and thanks.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

(dont remeber if already told)
when i step on a healing potion and just say "store it", i still get full heal and other effects exept +10 hp
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

when i step on a healing potion and just say "store it", i still get full heal and other effects exept +10 hp
Fixed, not uploaded because I am writing the next chapter.
I also noticed that any unit could use polearms if you crafted one, that was fixed as well.
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

You still want more chapters :augh:
wow, that is really called productive, bro
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

if i remember correctly he want to write about 10 chapters
minardians

Post by minardians »

It's the RPG-like feature that makes this campaign worth the time. :mrgreen:
It's not that I'm lazy, I just haven't found my interest.
Battlecruiser_Venca

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

BUG: when a cavarlu unit picks woodland cloak, its defense over forests decrases from 30% to 20%
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Konrad2 wrote:if i remember correctly he want to write about 10 chapters
Great...that means he would have more than 140 scenerios. :twisted: Is that a historical record in UMC history?