Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

@mousyack In your save file, it was happening, but it was not happening in my save files. Neither in Konrad2's save file. I am checking out the code now. It looks like some random damage, but I would not believe it, because its probability is very low.

@Konrad2 Nope. It was giving exp before, but I disabled it, I think that it is better as it is for (later) gameplay.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

but...you absorb their very soul! if that is not truly killing them, what else would be killing them?!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Konrad2 They are sucked into their inner realm (the one you could see in chapter 4), not killed. They have no chance to protect against this attack, and they don't have to take any damage to be drained by this attack. Also, the absorption adds something more powerful than experience. That is some kind of vague explanation, but that's all I can say. I did it because it is quite necessary for gameplay balance.

@mousyack It happens only if you hit the catapult, in all save files. Will be fixed.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

awww... :(
if its for game balance reasons i cant insist :D
good night c u tommorrow (yawn)
RainerT

Post by RainerT »

Dugi wrote:Can you please provide me some save files? I was unable to replicate any of the two problems, the one with Foul Potion and the one with damage when preserved liches hit.
I add a save file. You can use either Ephraim or Lethalia to attack someone with a melee weapon. I have the foul potion in my storage, but I noticed it doesn't happen anymore. I found the potion in Chapter One, just before Ephraim and Lethalia were caught. After they rejoined with their troops the character, who drank the potion, had 1/1 HP. Perhaps it's a special bug with that scene. I add another save for that. The Elvish Enchantress, I just hired, drank the foul potion before imprisonment. If you end the round, the HP will drop to 1/1.
Attachments
LotI1-Escape_from_Oblivion_Runde_23-2.gz
Foul Potion
(315.77 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
LotI1-The_Battle_for_Ogira_Runde_5.gz
HP loss liches
(546.59 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

No problem of the preserved liches lost 80% hp when attacking kind happened in the save files.
But I found what was wrong with the potion. Some units were craving for even when they didn't have the potion in them, but it did not cause any visible effect to them. But when they drank the potion, the hunger was already very strong, and took a lot of hp from them. Not figured out what was the exact problem in the code yet, though. Anyway, if you put it on a unit and kill something in that turn with that unit, the hunger will be reset before it strikes.
Edit: It appears that this affects only a very few units. In your save file, only two units wearing a Staff od Circe would have problems with that potion.
Damn, from all units, that one was the only one affected by it. Did you put the potion on her, and recalled her then? Reply to myself - no, you didn't. Did she use the same potion before she advanced?
Edit2: This seems to be a combination of factors that caused it, can you please tell me as much as possible about the history of that unit? Anyway, to prevent it from happening again, I made it reset the count when the unit drinks to potion. Will be uploaded later.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

what the hell is "misdraconia"?!

and i want the next scenario :((( the dialog is so promising
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Misdraconia is a weapon special that doubles the damage to dealt to dragons and drakes.

And I have scenarios 2 and 3 written, but that would actually make you want another scenarios even more. But I might publish it if some serious bug is found. Especially if the one with high hp loss when preserved liches attack is solved.
And I cannot simply send you the file, it would need also to upgrade some dependencies.
Last edited by Dugi on October 9th, 2012, 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
RainerT

Post by RainerT »

Dugi wrote:No problem of the preserved liches lost 80% hp when attacking kind happened in the save files.
Do you mean the liches didn't loose any HP when they attacked with melee weapons?
Dugi wrote:Edit2: This seems to be a combination of factors that caused it, can you please tell me as much as possible about the history of that unit? Anyway, to prevent it from happening again, I made it reset the count when the unit drinks to potion. Will be uploaded later.
The unit is a Level 1 druid from "Shatter the Defilers". In the scenario two healing potions were dropped next to each other. I took both, but noticed that only one ist kept and the other dropped again. Then a funny effect happend. The unit kept the +10HP effect in Level 2 as well. In Level 3 the effect started to fade. I add a save just before she takes the foul potion. I did an attempt with the other elvish sorceress in this save and the same effect happend as well, when I could hire her again.
Attachments
LotI1-The_Return_Runde_13.gz
(251.95 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Do you mean the liches didn't lose any HP when they attacked with melee weapons?
Nope, they didn't. I tried both of them, with all of their attacks (in the save file from The Battle for Ogira). If that didn't happen there, can you please give me another save file where it did happen?
The unit is a Level 1 druid from "Shatter the Defilers". In the scenario two healing potions were dropped next to each other. I took both, but noticed that only one ist kept and the other dropped again. Then a funny effect happend. The unit kept the +10HP effect in Level 2 as well. In Level 3 the effect started to fade. I add a save just before she takes the foul potion. I did an attempt with the other elvish sorceress in this save and the same effect happend as well, when I could hire her again.
With the foul potion, it seems it had something to do with the recall list - the hunger was apparently growing even if the unit was on the recall list, so I have fixed that.
The thing with the healing potion's more persistent effect is unexpected, but it might have occurred because not all events fire perfectly, sometimes it does not fire and so it didn't lose the effect of +10 to HP (next time, the advancement occurred correctly, and the effect faded). Or it happens more frequently? But I think this is not related to the problem with the foul potion.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

its cruel form you not to update it ;(
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Trust me, it would be more cruel if I did update it. I shouldn't have leaked the first scenario, I think.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

TRUE!!! : DDD
so when you might finish enough of chapter 7 to upload it?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I want to finish it entirely before I upload it. It might take several weeks :( . Should be done till the end of October, might be done earlier, unexpected real-life issues may happen and delay it... I may occasionally post how many scenarios I have finished, but that might be insignificant because I haven't decided yet how many scenarios would there be, but it will be probably about 15 as usually. Right now, I am working on the fourth scenario.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

cos your campaign was so good, every other campaign is boring now :(