Dunno

Re: PYRA Mermaid In Distress - The Tournament

Post by Dunno »

Dunno vs noob-killer on Weldyn Channel
Spoiler:
Attachments
Dunno_vs_noob-killer-Weldyn_Channel.gz
(29.94 KiB) Downloaded 461 times
Last edited by Dunno on September 16th, 2012, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

TBS vs Nordmann will return to the server tomorrow at 1900 GMT+1 for the viewing of all interested parties.
Antty

Post by Antty »

Horus2 wrote:I have one issue unsolved yet.

Antty: I shared some words with Nordmann recently about the events after your game, and i am not amused. Such immature reaction for losing a game will not be tolerated, and with your behaviour you earned a Yellow Dragon for yourself.
yellowdragon.png
From now on, one more insult of any kind, or an unwanted profanity from you will result in a Red Dragon, the equivalent of getting disqualified for the tournament in a spectacular way. I may be forgiving, but he is not. Also, he is hungry.
I hope i was clear.

Nordmann told he is unwilling to play with you again, which i fully understand. Instead, i am going to apply the following exclusive rule for the situation:
Instead of him i asked Vice-Grimreaper Rigor to put an end to your match and play on behalf of Nordmann.
If Rigor wins, he scores a point for Nordmann. If you win, you score for yourself of course.
Please contact with each other and arrange this highly unusual game.

Over and out.
Glad you discussed this with me as well.
You should realize there are two sides to every story, and with this one I will explain mine.

I did a move which cost me the game (Hoping I wouldn't ride on the -30%+ luck in my attack) Which upset me. The events that unfolded were that of an angry loser. I started complaining, I was saying how ridiculous it was that I his unit go so lucky to win him the game. I went off on a minirant saying that it was ridiculous that although luck puts me to play against two of the higher tier players first, I must deal with this. Well you know what Horus, I never directly insulted Nordmann. Although right now I have to say I wish I did. I quit very quickly after my loss, and afterwards I was whispering to him that I was sorry he had to deal with the [censored] end of my rant. I also continuously said GG, and apologized some more saying it wasn't him, it was just me being upset over the game. Nordmann, a personal note to you (You don't deserve this, as apparently anything negative words will be taken personally) not speaking to me, and refusing to play with me is silly. Not only did I give you public apologies, but I also gave you personal pm's minutes after the game was over saying GG - explaining why I was ranting - and a personal private apology.

I will not play Rigor, I will rematch Nordmann if he accepts. If he doesn't, give him the winning point as he deserves (The map was in the era, it was a minor misunderstanding but he did deserve the win)

To my future opponents, I'll be looking forward to playing with you.
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Here's the finished game with Nordmann, was a very short finish.
Spoiler:
Attachments
PYRA_-_Caves_of_the_Basilisk_replay.gz
End of game
(38.24 KiB) Downloaded 440 times
PYRA_-_Caves_of_the_Basilisk_Turn_18.gz
Initial save
(75.25 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Antty wrote:Glad you discussed this with me as well.
There was no need for that, your actions spoke for themselves. Saying "good game but seriously f yourself" literally to a highly respected player... what to discuss here?
Antty wrote: You should realize there are two sides to every story, and with this one I will explain mine.

I did a move which cost me the game (Hoping I wouldn't ride on the -30%+ luck in my attack) Which upset me. The events that unfolded were that of an angry loser. I started complaining, I was saying how ridiculous it was that I his unit go so lucky to win him the game.
So, you are saying here that complaining and going angry over a mistake exclusively done by you is an acceptable and natural reaction from the concerned human being. Luckily, that is not the case in competitive Wesnoth.
Antty wrote:I went off on a minirant saying that it was ridiculous that although luck puts me to play against two of the higher tier players first, I must deal with this. Well you know what Horus, I never directly insulted Nordmann.
You mean your accidentally mistyped a pm and wrote "f yourself" instead "f this game"? "yourself" and "this game" do not seem to be close to each other on the keyboard.
Antty wrote:Although right now I have to say I wish I did.
You are not helping your case.
Antty wrote: I quit very quickly after my loss, and afterwards I was whispering to him that I was sorry he had to deal with the [censored] end of my rant. I also continuously said GG,
Like if keep repeating how good the game was has anything to do with the raging.
Antty wrote:and apologized some more saying it wasn't him, it was just me being upset over the game. Nordmann, a personal note to you (You don't deserve this, as apparently anything negative words will be taken personally)
Especially when it ends with "yourself".

Antty wrote:not speaking to me, and refusing to play with me is silly. Not only did I give you public apologies, but I also gave you personal pm's minutes after the game was over saying GG - explaining why I was ranting - and a personal private apology.

I will not play Rigor, I will rematch Nordmann if he accepts. If he doesn't, give him the winning point as he deserves (The map was in the era, it was a minor misunderstanding but he did deserve the win)

To my future opponents, I'll be looking forward to playing with you.
Refusing to play may be not the classiest reaction indeed, but understandable to some degree, especially since you tried to cover your act with an excuse hardly beleiveable. Tournaments are for fun, and if he finds no fun in his match to the point he rather renounces his right to rematch and gives himself a handicap, then something has to be done.
If you refuse play with Rigor however, my decision is to give the point to Nordmann. Bear the consequences of your words. You are still in, try not to push the limits.
AlaskanAvenger

Post by AlaskanAvenger »

I have attempted to contact the remaining two players in my group, namely antty and I'mNotGoingDown via PM but have not received any reply in the last 5 days.
thefish

Post by thefish »

Danniel attacking skeletons without impact units on the swamp of dread, Danniel has surrendered early . GG

Danniel: Dark Adept , Dwarvish thunderer, Elvish fighter, Ghoul, Naga fighter, Orcish grunt

thefish: Dark Adept, Dwarvish fighter, Goblin spearman,Merman hunter,Saurian skirmisher, skeleton archer
Attachments
danniel.gz
(49.4 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

PYRAMID game Dauntless vs Xplorer has just ended with this result:
Spoiler:
Game was played on HGB

Replay attached
Attachments
PYRAMID_Dauntless_vs_Xplorer.gz
(23.89 KiB) Downloaded 440 times
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

This means that in our group we have Daunt with flawless 4 points (what a surprise... :P ) and then me, noob-killer and Spelp with 2 points each, Xplorer who bravely fought to the end, and one MIA with no games played. Unless Lich-Lord becomes active again, we have a triple draw :?
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Spelp

Post by Spelp »

Lich_lord vs Spelp will be played at Saturday 15 GMT:)

edit: postponed to Sunday 15 GMT:)
Last edited by Spelp on September 21st, 2012, 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Dunno wrote:This means that in our group we have Daunt with flawless 4 points (what a surprise... :P ) and then me, noob-killer and Spelp with 2 points each, Xplorer who bravely fought to the end, and one MIA with no games played. Unless Lich-Lord becomes active again, we have a triple draw :?
Yes, saw that one coming. It is our mutual interest to lure him into the server, and decide those obscure positions. :lol2:
If he will not come, the three of you should play twice the games in contrast when he will, and still that could end in a stalemate, maybe even requiring to draw lots, which is - needless to say - very awkward. I will discuss alternate solutions with Mint, but hopefully we will have no need to use such.

Rumours say however that Lich_Lord is going to reactivate himself on the weekend.

Ah, and it even got confirmed before submitting my message. Very well.

EDIT: latest thefish-game, as replay:
Danniel_BR_-_thefish_-_Swamp.gz
(25.18 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
noob-killer

Post by noob-killer »

Group Direwolf:
1. Lich_Lord 5/5
2. Dauntless 4/5

^_^
Blop

Post by Blop »

Group Cavalier: antty vs Blop happening now. You're welcome to watch :)

Game is over. I won over antty in an interesting game. Elvish fighters and gliders with leader vs grunts and drakes with deathblade (basically). Replay following (has to be de-corrupted).

Okay, so i wasnt able to fix the replay. Anyway, here's the corrupted one (watchable from the save point).
Attachments
PYRA_-_Silverhead_Crossing_Turn_17_(2658).gz
(67.16 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
Enti

Post by Enti »

Whew, third win, I cant believe it :D
on clearing gushes

Schlamarcel: lieutanent
wose, mage, HI, elf fighter, firedrake

Enti: marksman
DA, grunt, fish, zerk, archer