[Complete] PYRA Mermaid In Distress - The Tournament

Moderator: Forum Moderators

abhijit

Re: PYRA Mermaid In Distress - The Tournament

Post by abhijit »

As the dusk approached, the rookie's adventure towards saving the mermaid continued...

with the Heroes of Might and Magic.

PYRA Tournament Round 1: Abhijit vs 2RaggedClaws 1 : 0

Recruits:

Abhijit: Drake Glider( Mighty wings ), Mage , Spearman, Shaman, Dwarf Guard
2RC: Orc grunt, D Fighter, Assassin and...
Might and Magic, huh?:
Attachments
PYRA_-_Caves_of_the_Basilisk_replay.gz
(21.36 KiB) Downloaded 395 times
Winner of The Alternate Frontier
negusnyul

Post by negusnyul »

negusnyul vs. 2RaggedClaws on PYRA Hornshark

a very intense battle formed in the right side of the map, which eventually resulted in a leaderkill
altough 2RaggedClaws completely won at the left side, the breakthrough was too late for him

features extremly unlucky horseman, lvl2 troll vs mages, lots of nagas and leaderkill by ghoul

thanks for the game
gg
Attachments
2RaggedClaws_vs_negusnyul_-_PYRA_-_Hornshark_Island_replay.gz
(23.6 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

If everything goes as planned, I will play with Xplorer this Friday, 18 GMT +1.
Cheers
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Nordmann

Post by Nordmann »

PYRA_-_Dungeon_Wars-NordmannvsAntty.gz
(45.71 KiB) Downloaded 421 times
My 4th game in this tournament Antty vs Nordmann on Dungeon wars. Quite a fast game due to one immortal footpad (nasty units) and my two ulfs. More in replay. An open personal word to Antty, even Fortuna kicked your a... there shouldn`t be a reason in personal insults via private chat after the game. First time a rude behaviour like this happened to me in a tournament. So Antty please mind your temper.

Nordmann

Nordmann- Antty 1-0
Well up north it should be cold...
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

I'm playing with Xplorer earlier than planned, which is now :)
thefish

Post by thefish »

Thousand Stings Garrison

NanRoig: Gryphon , saurian skirmisher, assasin, Ghoul, thieve
Thefish: adept, fighter dwarve, saurian skirmisher, archer, grunt

NanRoig started too agresive losing units and villages but managed to recover for a while ,then some bad luck and bad moves lost him the game.
Attachments
PYRA_-_Thousand_Stings_G..._replay.gz
(31.53 KiB) Downloaded 458 times
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

I am back from the swamp, which means getting back to refreshing the standing and the replay archive.
NanRoig_-_Danniel_BR_-_Freelands.gz
(27.3 KiB) Downloaded 180 times

Also, i really did not want to see this again, but...

Antty, Nordmann: The game you played is invalid, as the map Dungeon Wars is not indicated in the mappool list. It never was, and will not be even in a presumed next PYRA tournament until an earnest restauration. The only reason it is still in the era at all because i am planning that certain restauration, with new objectives included, more space and so on. Same goes for Fast To Madness, it is not on the whitelist! Let alone Show Every Units. These three maps are in the era indeed, but not accepted for playing.
Therefore, you are obliged to redo your match, on a valid map. Be more careful next time, and recheck the settings if you are unsure of them!
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

Dunno vs Xplorer on Den of Onis.
Spoiler:
Attachments
Dunno_vs_Xplorer-Den_of_Onis.gz
(32.14 KiB) Downloaded 396 times
Antty

Post by Antty »

Nordmann wrote:
PYRA_-_Dungeon_Wars-NordmannvsAntty.gz
My 4th game in this tournament Antty vs Nordmann on Dungeon wars. Quite a fast game due to one immortal footpad (nasty units) and my two ulfs. More in replay. An open personal word to Antty, even Fortuna kicked your a... there shouldn`t be a reason in personal insults via private chat after the game. First time a rude behaviour like this happened to me in a tournament. So Antty please mind your temper.

Nordmann

Nordmann- Antty 1-0
Hi, Nordmann. I'm sorry I came off as insulting. I was more or less insulting the game, (which happened to have you in it) and going off about how angry I was that I join a tournament and felt a little cornered having two losses already. I then explain that I was sorry you got the rude end of my stick, and said gg and sorry. (Guess you didnt see that)
Antty

Post by Antty »

Horus2 wrote:I am back from the swamp, which means getting back to refreshing the standing and the replay archive.
NanRoig_-_Danniel_BR_-_Freelands.gz

Also, i really did not want to see this again, but...

Antty, Nordmann: The game you played is invalid, as the map Dungeon Wars is not indicated in the mappool list. It never was, and will not be even in a presumed next PYRA tournament until an earnest restauration. The only reason it is still in the era at all because i am planning that certain restauration, with new objectives included, more space and so on. Same goes for Fast To Madness, it is not on the whitelist! Let alone Show Every Units. These three maps are in the era indeed, but not accepted for playing.
Therefore, you are obliged to redo your match, on a valid map. Be more careful next time, and recheck the settings if you are unsure of them!
I'm sorry, i was the host. I just assumed that all the era maps are valid D:<

I'd honestly say though, despite the map, Nordmann did win. But if we must follow all the rules, I must appologize to Nordmann for having played this map without knowing and to everyone else. (For wasting time)

I'll challenge Nordmann next time I see him in the lobby (Which I would prefer over playing someone else. Nord, again, sorry for raging.)
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

On a side-note: anyone have an idea why I frequently get an error message like this
pyra-dl.jpg
when trying to download the replays posted here? (Win7, Firefox 14.0.1, right-click "save link as...")
I have a cunning plan.
abhijit

Post by abhijit »

On a side-note: anyone have an idea why I frequently get an error message like this...

Sounds like an issue with ur browser addons. Try running in safe mode if u are using firefox.
Winner of The Alternate Frontier
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

I have one issue unsolved yet.

Antty: I shared some words with Nordmann recently about the events after your game, and i am not amused. Such immature reaction for losing a game will not be tolerated, and with your behaviour you earned a Yellow Dragon for yourself.
Much more dissuasive than a yellow card.
Much more dissuasive than a yellow card.
yellowdragon.png (7.4 KiB) Viewed 3510 times
From now on, one more insult of any kind, or an unwanted profanity from you will result in a Red Dragon, the equivalent of getting disqualified for the tournament in a spectacular way. I may be forgiving, but he is not. Also, he is hungry.
I hope i was clear.

Nordmann told he is unwilling to play with you again, which i fully understand. Instead, i am going to apply the following exclusive rule for the situation:
Instead of him i asked Vice-Grimreaper Rigor to put an end to your match and play on behalf of Nordmann.
If Rigor wins, he scores a point for Nordmann. If you win, you score for yourself of course.
Please contact with each other and arrange this highly unusual game.

Over and out.
Mint

Post by Mint »

Two of my games I played a few days ago, and completely forgot to post here. :oops:

The Freelands ; Mint vs 2RaggedClaws ; 1-0.
2RaggedClaws recruits a bunch that can't hold vs a rush, which is what I did. Game was decided pretty quickly. :twisted:
Mint recruits; Bowman, Drake Fighter, Fencer, Horseman, Mage, Orcish Grunt. Deathblade leader.
2RaggedClaws' recruits; Drake Burner, Drake Glider, Elvish Archer, Elvish Shaman, Goblin Spearman, Wose. Elvish Sorceress leader.

Claudiuss ; Diasporoz vs Mint; 0-1
Lieutenant as always is torn between recruiting or leadership, not able to do both. Chose leadershipping twice, and got overwhelmed by numbers; the spammable grunts. I have to admit now, I feel Claudiuss is a bit more stalematish than the new hamlets, but only just :P
Diasporoz's recruits; Drake Clasher, Heavy Infantryman, Mage, Orcish Grunt, Saurian Skirmisher, Thief. Lieutenant leader.
Mint's recruits; Drake Fighter, Fencer, Horseman, Mage, Orcish Grunt, Spearman. Elvish Marksman leader.
Attachments
PYRAMID_round_1_Diasporoz_vs_Mint.gz
(21.35 KiB) Downloaded 422 times
PYRAMID_round_1_Mint_vs_2RaggedClaws_-_The_Freelands.gz
(17.41 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Danniel_BR vs Schlamarcel on Scarred Foothills:
Danniel_BR_-_Schlamarcel_-_Foothills.gz
(25.85 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
---

My second last match of the Round 1... and i could not beleive it, but i became the p1!
Horus_-_Schlamarcel_-_Aethermaw.gz
(22.11 KiB) Downloaded 396 times
Leaders and recruits:
Outcome: