A farewell from Mythological

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mythological
Inactive Developer

A farewell from Mythological

Post by Mythological »

Hello again to all wesnothians regardless of race and role in the game 8) . Most of you probably don't know me - but that's okay, because it has been a long time since the last time I've been active in any way in this game. To the ones who do know me, however, I'd like to thank you for the all the time you've spent with me and the good time I had with you. To those few people I had disagreements with, don't worry - I had almost as much fun arguing with you as I had cooperating with the others. I don't want to mention each and every one of you by name simply because that would be impractical - the list would be too long and I would certainly miss someone out, but you know who you are and I encourage you to reply to this post and to my greeting. I want to know how are you and what are you doing at the moment with your lives.
Regarding my life in the past years, it had its ups and downs, but right now I'm moving up and to keep doing that it takes a lot of work. Remember, to have results, you have to put effort into things you want results from. This is why I have to say a decisive no to things I have found to be of less importance and that is the reason why I have to say a final and decisive goodbye to wesnoth and to all of you. True, I've been away for quite some time, and I am prolly late to write this, but better late than never. Besides, until recently I was hoping to make a comeback and only recently I realized that is not going to happen so it seems like a right thing to do to write this post at this moment.
Regarding wesnoth, I want to congratulate you all on the job well done and about the nice and respectable level of the community you've managed to maintain for nearly a decade the game has been out. Have in mind that you've got something special here (at least that is the way I see it). The following words may look big, but Wesnoth is one of the things that makes me believe that there is still some hope for humanity after all. All there is left for me to say to all of you players, developers, contributors, translators and forum goers is not to pay too much attention to my departure, but to keep on going
Cheers,
Mythological

P.S. I'll be online today so if someone wants to have few last games with me, this is your chance!
Theoretically, love is great
but it is a little bit different in practice.

Riblja Čorba - "I'll break your wings, aeroplane"
Never say never
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: A farewell from Mythological

Post by zookeeper »

/me shakes hand

Farewell, and good luck with whatever it is that you are or will be pursuing. It's been a pleasure. ^_^
uncleshelby

Post by uncleshelby »

I don't think we ever talked, but in any case, good luck, and thanks for having an avatar that made me laugh.
Timshel
FAAB
Inactive Developer

Post by FAAB »

Hi, you haven't been on much lately but it was always good to see you once in a while, bringing up good memories.
You have been a prominent MP player, a talented mod and a dedicated developer.
You have been amongst the finest, patient with the newcomer and tolerant to the noob.
I have learned a lot from you about MP wesnoth, first by seeing you play and later by playing together.

I always tend to feel sad to hear wesnoth friends who decide to cut the bond.
But it is a great thing for them as they found an even better way to spend their time than good wesnoth.
I wish the best for my friends. Farewell Mythological!
Mythological
Inactive Developer

Post by Mythological »

*checks forums for the last time*

*waves*

*bows*

***POOOF***

*vanishes*
Theoretically, love is great
but it is a little bit different in practice.

Riblja Čorba - "I'll break your wings, aeroplane"
Never say never
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

Good bye Mythological :). Thanks for all of your help!
Crushmaster

Post by Crushmaster »

I don't think we ever talked, but thank you for putting work into Wesnoth. :)
God bless,
Crushmaster.
Godspeed, random person!
NeedGod - User:Crushmaster
Kanzil

Post by Kanzil »

Never say never
High over valleys in the red levelling rays -
In din of crowded streets, going among the years, the faces,
May I still meet my memory in so lonely a place
Between the streams and the red clouds, hearing the curlews, Hearing the horizons endure.
DEATH_is_undead

Post by DEATH_is_undead »

Ahhh, the person who first helped me with WML is leaving. Farewell to you, friend, and good luck. (Even though you may not read this message, I feel it a necessity to say goodbye.)
3P MP Scenario - Great Dwarves Escape
The best way to learn is to follow. In order to learn WML, you have to follow other's work, and check their codes.
JW

Post by JW »

:cry: I just decide to check back in on Wesnoth and I see Myth has left. Myth, you were one of my favorite people here along with Doc and also jb. I loved playing that building scenario with you all the time - the one where you choose your leader and each has their own abilities and you start in the bottom right corner?

I'm glad to hear that you're doing well. Take care!
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

Mythological, perhaps neither of us know each other. But I would like to thank you for the time and effort you put into helping improve what has become one of the most vibrant open source gaming communities. Also, congratulations on having the courage to say no to less important things! I am saddened that ties are broken, but I am glad that you will at least make new ones in real life! All the best out there! :)
Numbers do not win a battle
---Konrad III
(A loyal member of the pro-loyalists)

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation
cookie

Post by cookie »

:cry: :cry:
Last edited by cookie on October 4th, 2019, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bye says the cookie.
Vampire_Princess

Post by Vampire_Princess »

I am very sad about It, Mitho.

It was very good to spend my time playing with you.

I could learn some topics of Wesnoth. I have improved the way i play this game.

You were so cool speaking with me about hours.

I am glad to you for all things you have tought me. I can remember of my stupid English when I have known you.

My best wishes, Mitho. It does not matter If I do not know you in real life.

Sincerelly,

Ranse.
"Vedi Maria
Ardenda in verno. Tenir le, vorrei. Il carro stellato !
Madonna..."
Emma Shapplin - Vedi, Maria