"The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground story

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Re: "The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground stor

Postby quincy » July 25th, 2012, 6:48 am

Reval wrote:Do you still remember which dialogue (or in which scenario) you thought he should say something? He has a few more lines to say at the begining of scenario 14 (Dark Walks) - so maybe there.


If Dark Walks is the one with the undead patrols, then yes.

Also, I thought second last one was a little easy. (I did it on normal or easy, I forget.) The drakes weren't too hard, considering how many high level units I had. The nagas were a small problem. All I had to do, though, was send all my mermen and a couple level threes to help. The Death Knight in the tower was killable, considering a lvl four mounted feyndwarf, the special archer, and a silver mage were there. The fight between Clyde and the ancient lich was (of course) trivial, and the ghosts were killable with all the level threes. I think there should be more undead there, considering the fact that a Ancient Lich lives there.
User avatar
quincy
 
Posts: 23
Joined: May 16th, 2011, 12:28 am
Location: near Boston

Re: "The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground stor

Postby Reval » July 25th, 2012, 8:24 am

quincy wrote: I think there should be more undead there, considering the fact that a Ancient Lich lives there.


I generally see your point. On "hard" it is a little harder. :wink:
There, the Stranger spawns a couple of Nightgaunts which realy aren't that easy to overcome on the bridges. He himself also has a tendency to kill your support units in the north-tower phase.
Also, the Strangers will spawn new units until Legomir is in position - so the difficulty in the towers depends partialy on how quick you were with the other task.

Putting more undead on the map is basically a matter of space - there is simply very little in the towers. So do you think there should be undead swarming around the other areas of the map? I just thought he is a guy who values his privacy. 8)
The Wesnoth Unit Quiz by Flametrooper:
You Scored as Arch Mage - Arrg, just Arch?!?

The Fellowship of the Clay
User avatar
Reval
 
Posts: 143
Joined: January 11th, 2009, 11:42 pm

Re: "The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground stor

Postby quincy » July 25th, 2012, 12:32 pm

Perhaps there should be some patrols like in Dark Walks. A lot of my units barely did any fighting, and having a few level threes walk by would make it more interesting.
User avatar
quincy
 
Posts: 23
Joined: May 16th, 2011, 12:28 am
Location: near Boston

Re: "The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground stor

Postby kurganov4 » July 25th, 2012, 3:00 pm

Hello!
Please help me!
Clayd and king is invisible in the campaign:
Image
How to fix this bug?
kurganov4
 
Posts: 2
Joined: July 25th, 2012, 2:56 pm

Re: "The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground stor

Postby Reval » July 25th, 2012, 5:32 pm

kurganov4 wrote:Hello!
Please help me!
Clayd and king is invisible in the campaign:
Image
How to fix this bug?


The second line of this thread:

Reval wrote:If you report a bug or broach the difficulty, please include what difficulty levels and what version of Wesnoth have you played the campaign on.


And please add your OS too.

Usualy, invisible sprites/characters are just cause by a wrong path to the image files in the unit configuration files.

But as you are the first to report this behavior und since the sprites can even be seen here
http://units.wesnoth.org/1.10/The_Fellowship_of_the_Clay/en_US/The_Fellowship_of_the_Clay.html
I guess something went wrong with your instalation of Wesnoth and/or TFotC.

You can check if your images are at least there - on a win7 system, they are in a folder similar to
C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.10\data\add-ons\The_Fellowship_of_the_Clay\images\units\GLE

As a first tipp, I would indead recomend reinstalling BfW and TFotC - your saves will be untouched.
The Wesnoth Unit Quiz by Flametrooper:
You Scored as Arch Mage - Arrg, just Arch?!?

The Fellowship of the Clay
User avatar
Reval
 
Posts: 143
Joined: January 11th, 2009, 11:42 pm

Re: "The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground stor

Postby kurganov4 » July 26th, 2012, 5:50 pm

Reval,
thanks for help.
I have just copied folder "add-ons" from My Documents to folder "data" in main game folder.
kurganov4
 
Posts: 2
Joined: July 25th, 2012, 2:56 pm

Re: "The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground stor

Postby Tyroglyphid » August 3rd, 2012, 5:06 am

I do believe I have found bugs!

I think that Harriet Porter starts with some random traits, such as intelligent, resilient, or quick. Quick, however, caused some problems for me. The 7 max MP instead of 6 threw off the teleportation technique so that I could only use it if I had 6 MP left. This was pretty frustrating, because I only just figured out the problem halfway through Army of Darkness, the map where you have to teleport the merperson to the barrage.

In the map where you have to defend against the elves without killing them, I was able to run in with the 2 teleporting mages I had and kill the leader. (Lorelei was also there, in the river, so I could have potentially just left an army there.) I then followed this up by badly wounding the elvish rider. In short order I was able to win without any deaths, other than the two elves. When the person was supposed to talk, nothing showed up. I would suggest making it a defeat condition to have the enemy leader die, so that unfair things like that don't happen. (I also had tried the same thing before, and only lost because the recruits killed Harriet. If that had not happened, I still would have been able to win, only killing about 7 elves.)

Otherwise, this is a fun adventure! Good job on this!
Tyroglyphid
 
Posts: 1
Joined: August 3rd, 2012, 4:51 am

Re: "The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground stor

Postby Reval » August 3rd, 2012, 10:33 am

Tyroglyphid wrote:I do believe I have found bugs!
I think that Harriet Porter starts with some random traits, such as intelligent, resilient, or quick. Quick, however, caused some problems for me. The 7 max MP instead of 6 threw off the teleportation technique so that I could only use it if I had 6 MP left.


Just checked and indeed, you are right - the filter for teleport is indeed set to 6 moves instead of max moves. Thanks for reporting! Good that you figured that one out.

Tyroglyphid wrote:This was pretty frustrating, because I only just figured out the problem halfway through Army of Darkness, the map where you have to teleport the merperson to the barrage.


Sorry! :oops:

Tyroglyphid wrote:In the map where you have to defend against the elves without killing them, I was able to run in with the 2 teleporting mages I had and kill the leader. (Lorelei was also there, in the river, so I could have potentially just left an army there.) I then followed this up by badly wounding the elvish rider. In short order I was able to win without any deaths, other than the two elves. When the person was supposed to talk, nothing showed up. I would suggest making it a defeat condition to have the enemy leader die, so that unfair things like that don't happen.


I knew about that one - indeed I used it during my tests. :whistle: (Probably the reason why we left it that way :) )
Your proposal makes sense though. We sould do that.

Btw.: Did you send Aryad back to the council?
Spoiler:


Tyroglyphid wrote:Otherwise, this is a fun adventure! Good job on this!


:D Doesn't get old to hear that. :mrgreen:
The Wesnoth Unit Quiz by Flametrooper:
You Scored as Arch Mage - Arrg, just Arch?!?

The Fellowship of the Clay
User avatar
Reval
 
Posts: 143
Joined: January 11th, 2009, 11:42 pm

Re: "The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground stor

Postby mkcerusky » August 18th, 2012, 7:25 pm

I cannot succed teleporting any unit with Harriet Porter. Unfortunately I did not memorize che screen with the instructions and whatever I try to do for teleporting do not work, can anyone, please write down exact instructions for teleporting units? I would appreciate it very much, thanks in advance
mkcerusky
 
Posts: 4
Joined: August 6th, 2012, 5:08 pm

Re: "The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground stor

Postby Reval » August 18th, 2012, 7:35 pm

mkcerusky wrote:I cannot succed teleporting any unit with Harriet Porter. Unfortunately I did not memorize che screen with the instructions and whatever I try to do for teleporting do not work, can anyone, please write down exact instructions for teleporting units? I would appreciate it very much, thanks in advance


- Herriett needs her full move points
- You move a unit next to her
- right-click on that unit, choose "teleport this unit"
- right-click on a friendly village, choose "teleport unit here"
The Wesnoth Unit Quiz by Flametrooper:
You Scored as Arch Mage - Arrg, just Arch?!?

The Fellowship of the Clay
User avatar
Reval
 
Posts: 143
Joined: January 11th, 2009, 11:42 pm

Re: "The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground stor

Postby HD-Berlin » September 8th, 2012, 1:28 pm

I have played the first five scenarios yet, it was great fun.
This post is to help you make it even better. ;-)

(Wesnoth 1.10.2, Campaign 1.2.4, hard, german)
Bug: Nothing happens if a hero gets killed (for example Walklas in 05_Meet_the_Dwarfs).
The {IS_HERO} sets only the icon, you have to write the events yourself.
Code: Select all
 [event]
  name=die
  [filter]
   id=Walklas,Legomir
  [/filter]
  [endlevel]
   result=defeat
  [/endlevel]
 [/event]
(for all units listed in the lose-condition)
Maybe there exists a macro?
HD-Berlin
 
Posts: 10
Joined: September 8th, 2012, 11:07 am

Re: "The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground stor

Postby HD-Berlin » September 8th, 2012, 2:13 pm

Sorry, I had not looked at your "herodeaths.cfg". The "die"-/"last breath" events are all there, only Walklas misses the "endlevel" tag.
Or, if he can be killed, the lose conditions (and Walklas hero icon) should be changed.

Maybe it is a bug, that in scenario five I can move to the north and fight the orcs before the dwarfs enter the scene?
HD-Berlin
 
Posts: 10
Joined: September 8th, 2012, 11:07 am

Re: "The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground stor

Postby Reval » September 8th, 2012, 3:32 pm

HD-Berlin wrote:I have played the first five scenarios yet, it was great fun.
This post is to help you make it even better. ;-)


Thanks a lot - I consider most omment to be of that purpose. :-)

HD-Berlin wrote:(Wesnoth 1.10.2, Campaign 1.2.4, hard, german)
Bug: Nothing happens if a hero gets killed (for example Walklas in 05_Meet_the_Dwarfs).
...
Sorry, I had not looked at your "herodeaths.cfg". The "die"-/"last breath" events are all there, only Walklas misses the "endlevel" tag.
Or, if he can be killed, the lose conditions (and Walklas hero icon) should be changed.


So it is only true for Walkas, right?
The reason might be, that he, contrary to the others, can be lost in a later stage of the game to reduce the abount of units you have to protect at all cost.
So: He is a "non-loosable hero" at the begining, he is a "loosable hero" at the end and currently, I just don't remember if scenario 5 is the one where the change occures. :-)


HD-Berlin wrote:Maybe it is a bug, that in scenario five I can move to the north and fight the orcs before the dwarfs enter the scene?


Oh, this is indeed a bug - never considered, that someone would move north without exploring east...
As long as you encounter the dwarfs at some point, you won't break anything tohough...

Thanks for being so specific...
The Wesnoth Unit Quiz by Flametrooper:
You Scored as Arch Mage - Arrg, just Arch?!?

The Fellowship of the Clay
User avatar
Reval
 
Posts: 143
Joined: January 11th, 2009, 11:42 pm

Re: "The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground stor

Postby Starlight » September 11th, 2012, 11:21 am

Hi,

I started playing Battle for Wesnoth, left it because I got a little bored with the standard campaigns. I came back, and really, really liked the Fellowship of the Clay.

The ideas are great, the objectives really are diverse, and the role-playing really works (as compared to some of even the commercials RPG's out there).

I have played uptil Scenario 7 and it was great.

Now for the other part:
Your text has a number of typos and (more importantly) grammatical errors in it. Since the campaign is so good, I went through it and came up with the following corrections:

(Note: I have good English skills - even if I say so myself. However, if you do not agree with a correction I have proposed, I would be happy to give you the reason for it).

Here goes for Scenario 1. Will follow for other scenarios if you like.
(Note: I downloaded the file for Version 1.2.4 from addons for BFW 1.9)

Spoiler:


Post 2:

Also, couple of more things, more generic, and perhaps more important:

1. You need to add that the death of any of the following results in defeat in Scenario 7: Eleonor, Legomir, Aryad, Lorelei, Merdor.

2. I have been seeing previous posts that people used leveled-up mages in Scenario 7 (where they are extermely useful. However, when I was playing earlier scenarios - they were not a part of the recruit list.
Is this intentional as part of an update to the campaign - or am I missing something.

Post 3:
Reval wrote:
HD-Berlin wrote:I have played the first five scenarios yet, it was great fun.
This post is to help you make it even better. ;-)


Thanks a lot - I consider most omment to be of that purpose. :-)

HD-Berlin wrote:(Wesnoth 1.10.2, Campaign 1.2.4, hard, german)
Bug: Nothing happens if a hero gets killed (for example Walklas in 05_Meet_the_Dwarfs).
...
Sorry, I had not looked at your "herodeaths.cfg". The "die"-/"last breath" events are all there, only Walklas misses the "endlevel" tag.
Or, if he can be killed, the lose conditions (and Walklas hero icon) should be changed.


So it is only true for Walkas, right?
The reason might be, that he, contrary to the others, can be lost in a later stage of the game to reduce the abount of units you have to protect at all cost.
So: He is a "non-loosable hero" at the begining, he is a "loosable hero" at the end and currently, I just don't remember if scenario 5 is the one where the change occures. :-)


HD-Berlin wrote:Maybe it is a bug, that in scenario five I can move to the north and fight the orcs before the dwarfs enter the scene?


Oh, this is indeed a bug - never considered, that someone would move north without exploring east...
As long as you encounter the dwarfs at some point, you won't break anything tohough...

Thanks for being so specific...


The condition for the Drawfs to appear is based on capturing a certain village. I also did not go to that village in the first pass.
I think you might want to consider the drawfs auto-appearing
I would recommend them appearing at the end of the first turn or the second turn rather then the "start". This creates a more believable story.

Finally, I think that a more active role for the gryphon would really help in the role-playing elements. I am probably asking for major changes here - but I think that this scenario (in its current state) seems to be about the humans and the drawfs.
Last edited by Crendgrim on September 11th, 2012, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
Starlight
 
Posts: 40
Joined: September 11th, 2012, 11:04 am
Location: Mumbai, India

Re: "The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground stor

Postby Reval » September 11th, 2012, 12:56 pm

Hi Starlight,
I guess I have to thank you for the most positive feedback so far. :)
I plan on accepting all your corrections. (Might take two weeks though.)
The best way to send me corrections is to directly edit the scenario cfg files in the scenarios folder of The Fellowship of the Clay with an editor. You can than send those cfgs via PM to me and I just check them before uploading.
Thanks again and I hope you enjoy the rest of TFotC as well!
The Wesnoth Unit Quiz by Flametrooper:
You Scored as Arch Mage - Arrg, just Arch?!?

The Fellowship of the Clay
User avatar
Reval
 
Posts: 143
Joined: January 11th, 2009, 11:42 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Scenario & Campaign Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests

cron