Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

The lastest version is 2.1.13, I think, and I am aware that picking up some things (but only gems, no? and you can easily pick them up with different units) may cause that kind of trouble, I have already fixed it and I will upload it in a few days (want to finish the MP scenario, there is only a few less important things to finish). I also plan to remove that problematic feeding and replace it with something more interesting and less bug-prone (and rebalance the scenarios a bit according to the severe decrease of maximum hitpoints; details are secret) later.

I think I have already fixed the problem with unequippable spears, but I am not sure. And maybe I just haven't uploaded it yet. Anyway, will be out soon, probably during this week.
Solaara

Post by Solaara »

I've tried it on a few times, anything that the heroes pick up, either to inventory or to stash, resets their maximum hp. So it's not just gems on my side. Good to hear you have new plans in store, already enjoying it. :D

Edit - Just found another bug, Liches can equip staffs now, but Ancient Liches can't.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Fixed all these errors, uploaded it (version 2.1.14). You were right, by trying to fix a lesser bug, I brought this problem back again. The only of the above mentioned errors I haven't fixed is the problem that the Bitter Swamp scenario is skipped, because I could not find the error and I had no save file to try it out.

I have added a multiplayer scenario as I said. It is for 1-5 players, I expect it for about 10 hours of gameplay, there is a lot of things that never appeared before (that is why it took me so long). The additional advancements will not work so nicely than before (I am trying to decrease the time it needs to load multiplayer, so they are added in a special and not perfect way), so they will not show anything in their descriptions, but they will advance.
It is like the 3.5th chapter, it is about a catastrophic event when an extremely powerful evil spirit appears, his armies are taking over the world, opening places into other places, and their evil controls almost all creatures.

Now, I will rewrite the code for items (to allow more effects on items, and prevent things like damage depending on the order of equipping items, and to stop the annoying white-flashing when manipulating inventory), alter some advancements (especially the leaders, the feeding seriously needs to be replaced), edit a few scenarios accordingly, and write a new chapter. Also, I have figured out a way to stop the 'Press t to keep moving' not working bug.
Battlecruiser_Venca

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

MP bugs:

Master Bowman advancement causes error that crashes the scenario
cav line to dragon rider too
Iron Mauler to destro too

Grand Marshall only AMLAs default

All player-controlled leaders have player names insted of character ones

EDIT:
Lethalia's faerie sabre(impact) has incalid range (UNTLB range_meleee) Probably a typo
Elvish Gryphon Rider dextrous AMLA doesn't upgrade swamp

The teleport to keep feature teleports random unit instead of leader
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Fixed them all (well, I found the errors and corrected them, but there might be a small chance that something is still wrong, I haven't tested all, I wanted to fix these errors asap). Thanks for reporting.
Battlecruiser_Venca

BUG: the advancement into forester is visible in non-LotI MP game
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Fixed.
(note that if an advancement is mentioned in the help files even in the LotI scenario, it will cause trouble; these advancements are done in quite a weird way in order to minimise the loading of multiplayer)
Battlecruiser_Venca

there are a lot of RIPLIB violations:

the most notable things:
Prophets and Destroyers should be able to move over mountains because Royal Guards and MoL can and have only one advancement
Destroyer should have same movement costs as Royal Guard has and should maintain impact attack from Iron Mauler
the dragon rider's blade should be at least 12-4
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Great! Finally some balance feedback.

Not sure what is RIPLIB, but I suppose that I understood its meaning from the rest of your reply.
Destroyer was intended to be a combination of Royal Guard and Iron Mauler. I later decided to make him wield maces instead, and add a unit that would be also a combination of these two, but this times more similar to Royal Guard. But I don't have too many ideas how should he look, and how should he be named. I think that it might be either a guy with a sword and shield (but that one would be too similar to Royal Guard) or a guy with a two-bladed sword and a small shield (but in this case, the tradition of huge pavises carried by these units would not be kept again).
About Prophet, I agree, I will alter him, I didn't think about that.
I will reconsider the damages of Dragon Rider, and probably accept your feedback.

Thanks for feedback, and can you please tell me the other violations of balance or violations of that RIPLIB thing you found?
Ravi

Post by Ravi »

Hi, thanks for this camapign! I love it. But I have an issue with it. See the screenshot:
Spoiler:
When I recall any unit, the recall list shows that the selected units has backstab, firststrike, berserk and many attacks.... :shock: ! But in reality it has only other things. Take example of unit Fencer, it has melee-blade but the recall list shows it has backstab etc.,. When I recalled them their attacks are normal. Does this only affects me? Or any other have the same issue :doh: ? I have Wesnoth 1.10.3 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.. 64 bit. If it is a known problem that please fix it :cry: .
Darkness is coming!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It is because of some items that add weapon specials to adjacent enemies. There are two ways to do it, one does not show it in damage calculations and is much more complicated, the other one shows additional weapon specials in advancement, recruit and recall windows. I worked around the recruit and advancement cases, but did not remeber to do it with recall (I made it formerly for multiplayer, where recall isn't the case that had to be handled; and I tested in without recalling). I will make that workaround, thanks for reminding me.

I am glad you liked my campaign!
Ravi

Post by Ravi »

Hi, I am just curious to know when you will fix it :whistle: ... I know it has huge lines of codes but anyway a quick fix or workaround will be best as quick as possible :eng: !
Darkness is coming!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I am in the middle of rewriting the items code to improve it, and this problem has no impact on the gameplay, and only a few people have as good eyes as you to notice it, so I will not do it before a few weeks pass. It is not so easy to do, and doing it twice also for the old, playable version, and also for the one I am making would not be ideal, it wouldn't be just copying.
Ravi

Post by Ravi »

dugi wrote:I am in the middle of rewriting the items code to improve it, and this problem has no impact on the gameplay, and only a few people have as good eyes as you to notice it, so I will not do it before a few weeks pass. It is not so easy to do, and doing it twice also for the old, playable version, and also for the one I am making would not be ideal, it wouldn't be just copying.
Ok. :)
Darkness is coming!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

To give you an insight what am I doing now.
In the version on my machine, when you equip/unequip an item, the unit does't flash white, all the changes are done immediately. Items' effects are listed properly and exactly, they are autogenerated accoring to the item's stats and not with the vague descriptions of 2.1.15. Also pressing t to keep moving works. But at the moment, it is easier to tell what works than to list things that are bugged.