What action you guys take when your memories don't work well

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

AxalaraFlame

What action you guys take when your memories don't work well

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Recently, I believe I got one idea to introduce a very simple and handy interface into Wesnoth. But once again when I stare on my laptop screen, I forget everything...such things happen very often; say, I always forget to upload images, maps, only if the postor remind me. I have deleted my most important translation work this April, just when it was to be done very soon. :doh: I dunno why the hell is my memory sucking in such an embarassing situation. :augh: It is never that bad. What do you guys suggest to do if your memory is not good anymore? BTW, note things down does not work, because I always forget where did I put my notebook... :oops:
Last edited by AxalaraFlame on July 15th, 2012, 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Re: What action you guys take when your memories don't work

Post by Blarumyrran »

You should see an expert in the field. He lives far to the east, atop a great mountain, in a temple of stone and glass; it will take 3 weeks to reach him in his domain of wondrous knowledge, as he is a great sage who will have none of the annoyance of the common folk to trouble him in his abode. Axalara packs food and water, sets on the road, and arrives at the foot of the mountain. A thunderous voice is heard from the peak: "To prove yourself worthy, crawl for the first week of your travel!" Axalara is annoyed, as he has been spoiled by the decadent comforts of the society, but obeys - instead of walking, he crawls for a week against the ground, towards the peak. His clothes are ripped to shreds by the sharp stones; his limbs are covered in dirt. The week passes, and again, a thunderous voice is heard from the peak: "To prove yourself worthy, eat and drink nothing for the second week of your travel!" Great exercise goes hand-to-hand with great demands of nourishment by the ever-feeble body, but Axalara obeys again; for the next week, he eats nothing. His head grows light, his mood grows sour, but he travels onwards. The week passes, and once again the thunderous voice is heard: "To prove yourself worthy, for the final week of your travel, you will lash with a whip against your back, on every hour of awakeness." Axalara is consumed by doubt and resentment, but once again he obeys. The whip is painful, the display of blood and festers is repulsive, but the task must succeed. The week passes, and finally Axalara reaches the great temple of stone and glass, in which the sage lives. The sage meets Axalara in the courtyard. "Why have you come?" "I forget everything. What should I do?" The sage ponders, and in calm decisiveness casts a spell on Axalara that makes his memory great again. Axalara thanks and leaves.
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

dafuq did i just read?

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Yeah...gonna be pretty hard to follow that one up...

You say you're losing all of your notes. Try taking the notes on little sticky note pads and sticking them to your monitor. That way you're always looking at them. A less fun but more space efficient way is to just save the notes to a text file on your computer.
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
lipk

Post by lipk »

Blarumyrran wrote:You should see an expert in the field. He lives far to the east, atop a great mountain, in a temple of stone and glass; it will take 3 weeks to reach him in his domain of wondrous knowledge, as he is a great sage who will have none of the annoyance of the common folk to trouble him in his abode. Axalara packs food and water, sets on the road, and arrives at the foot of the mountain. A thunderous voice is heard from the peak: "To prove yourself worthy, crawl for the first week of your travel!" Axalara is annoyed, as he has been spoiled by the decadent comforts of the society, but obeys - instead of walking, he crawls for a week against the ground, towards the peak. His clothes are ripped to shreds by the sharp stones; his limbs are covered in dirt. The week passes, and again, a thunderous voice is heard from the peak: "To prove yourself worthy, eat and drink nothing for the second week of your travel!" Great exercise goes hand-to-hand with great demands of nourishment by the ever-feeble body, but Axalara obeys again; for the next week, he eats nothing. His head grows light, his mood grows sour, but he travels onwards. The week passes, and once again the thunderous voice is heard: "To prove yourself worthy, for the final week of your travel, you will lash with a whip against your back, on every hour of awakeness." Axalara is consumed by doubt and resentment, but once again he obeys. The whip is painful, the display of blood and festers is repulsive, but the task must succeed. The week passes, and finally Axalara reaches the great temple of stone and glass, in which the sage lives. The sage meets Axalara in the courtyard. "Why have you come?" "I forget everything. What should I do?" The sage ponders, and in calm decisiveness casts a spell on Axalara that makes his memory great again. Axalara thanks and leaves.
Meh. I expected him to forget the purpose of his visit when he gets to see the sage. But probably it would have been too clicheic that way.
Boldek

Post by Boldek »

lipk wrote:
Blarumyrran wrote:You should see an expert in the field. He lives far to the east, atop a great mountain, in a temple of stone and glass; it will take 3 weeks to reach him in his domain of wondrous knowledge, as he is a great sage who will have none of the annoyance of the common folk to trouble him in his abode. Axalara packs food and water, sets on the road, and arrives at the foot of the mountain. A thunderous voice is heard from the peak: "To prove yourself worthy, crawl for the first week of your travel!" Axalara is annoyed, as he has been spoiled by the decadent comforts of the society, but obeys - instead of walking, he crawls for a week against the ground, towards the peak. His clothes are ripped to shreds by the sharp stones; his limbs are covered in dirt. The week passes, and again, a thunderous voice is heard from the peak: "To prove yourself worthy, eat and drink nothing for the second week of your travel!" Great exercise goes hand-to-hand with great demands of nourishment by the ever-feeble body, but Axalara obeys again; for the next week, he eats nothing. His head grows light, his mood grows sour, but he travels onwards. The week passes, and once again the thunderous voice is heard: "To prove yourself worthy, for the final week of your travel, you will lash with a whip against your back, on every hour of awakeness." Axalara is consumed by doubt and resentment, but once again he obeys. The whip is painful, the display of blood and festers is repulsive, but the task must succeed. The week passes, and finally Axalara reaches the great temple of stone and glass, in which the sage lives. The sage meets Axalara in the courtyard. "Why have you come?" "I forget everything. What should I do?" The sage ponders, and in calm decisiveness casts a spell on Axalara that makes his memory great again. Axalara thanks and leaves.
Meh. I expected him to forget the purpose of his visit when he gets to see the sage. But probably it would have been too clicheic that way.
Well, it's an answer of sorts.. Entertaining at least. :mrgreen:

I too am extremely absent minded, if anyone can find a cure to forgetfulness...let me know!
Guys I never thought I'd come back to this forum after 8 years this is wild
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

I used to forget things, but rather than learning tricks to not have to remember things, I used memory exercises and improved my memory. I reccomend this.

On the other hand, if you'd rather not do that then try digital notes. It's much harder to lose them that way...
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
Araja

Post by Araja »

Text files in a folder, in which you write short notes for anything you need to remember. As long as the folder is somewhere noticeable on your desktop, this works out pretty well.
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

Or take notes on where you leave your notes about other notes leading to original notes.
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Araja

Post by Araja »

But how would you find the notes you'd kept that guide you to the other notes that guide you to the notes about your original notes? That wouldn't work either. ^_^
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

You tattoo them on your body, where you can see them easily.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

You should see an expert in the field. He lives far to the east, atop a great mountain, in a temple of stone and glass; it will take 3 weeks to reach him in his domain of wondrous knowledge, as he is a great sage who will have none of the annoyance of the common folk to trouble him in his abode. Axalara packs food and water, sets on the road, and arrives at the foot of the mountain. A thunderous voice is heard from the peak: "To prove yourself worthy, crawl for the first week of your travel!" Axalara is annoyed, as he has been spoiled by the decadent comforts of the society, but obeys - instead of walking, he crawls for a week against the ground, towards the peak. His clothes are ripped to shreds by the sharp stones; his limbs are covered in dirt. The week passes, and again, a thunderous voice is heard from the peak: "To prove yourself worthy, eat and drink nothing for the second week of your travel!" Great exercise goes hand-to-hand with great demands of nourishment by the ever-feeble body, but Axalara obeys again; for the next week, he eats nothing. His head grows light, his mood grows sour, but he travels onwards. The week passes, and once again the thunderous voice is heard: "To prove yourself worthy, for the final week of your travel, you will lash with a whip against your back, on every hour of awakeness." Axalara is consumed by doubt and resentment, but once again he obeys. The whip is painful, the display of blood and festers is repulsive, but the task must succeed. The week passes, and finally Axalara reaches the great temple of stone and glass, in which the sage lives. The sage meets Axalara in the courtyard. "Why have you come?" "I forget everything. What should I do?" The sage ponders, and in calm decisiveness casts a spell on Axalara that makes his memory great again. Axalara thanks and leaves.
:annoyed:
Seriously?

But at least this is the best joke I heard in the recent two months...
doofus-01 wrote:You tattoo them on your body, where you can see them easily.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Last edited by Elvish_Hunter on July 15th, 2012, 3:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Merged a double post
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

Exercise more, it's good for your brain. :eng:
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

It seems like someone forgot about avoiding double posts...
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Ooops... :oops: Will I be banned by this?