"The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground story

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Reval

Re: "The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground stor

Post by Reval »

TFotC 1.1.0: has been uploaded
  • The mounting code has been reworked again so that you can now unmount onto runes and activate them that way.
  • In scenario 11 (Yetis State of Mind) Elisabeth has been striped of her teleport attitude so that she doesn't teleport into suicide
  • Scenorio 12 (Dragnet Operation) had some missing functions
Known problem: Attraction of enemy units in scenario 14 does not work as intended and the last changes even made the AI much more stupid. :(
The Wesnoth Unit Quiz by Flametrooper:
You Scored as Arch Mage - Arrg, just Arch?!?

The Fellowship of the Clay
Reval

Post by Reval »

TFotC 1.1.7: has been uploaded
  • Updated the German translation so that it is 100% complete again (und some corrections).
  • minor update to the russian translation (thanks to lampslave).
  • Added some more story pictures so that a total of 8 where added during the last 3 days.

Known problem: You can mount Richard even if Feyndwarf is not next to him.

Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

I do not know whether it is intentional or not, but I found Harriet's teleportation ability to work only in some cases, in which I could not see a pattern. If it is intentonally restricted, you probably should add a more detailed introduction, and maybe some "help" option.
The Mal- prenomen is considered to be introduced by Mal Ravanal, centuries after your campaign (Mal Keshar was earlier, but it was after all the short form of his name).
The German translation (added after I played up to Feyndwarf, and until yesterday, I did not play it for a long time) suffers from spelling mistakes.
Overall, I enjoyed the campaign, though.
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
Reval

Post by Reval »

Drakefriend wrote:I do not know whether it is intentional or not, but I found Harriet's teleportation ability to work only in some cases, in which I could not see a pattern.
The main restriction (appart from only being able to teleport to a friendly town) is that Harriet need to have ALL here move-points. So if you move her, she won't be able to teleport any unit this turn. I think this is mentioned but I agree that another hint might be recomended.

Might this be the reason you are looking for?
If not, try to provide some more detail.

Drakefriend wrote:The German translation (added after I played up to Feyndwarf, and until yesterday, I did not play it for a long time) suffers from spelling mistakes.
Likely :-)
Still trying to improve things with every update. If you notice any specific, I am always grateful for a hint.
Drakefriend wrote:Overall, I enjoyed the campaign, though.
Thanks for your feedback!

perseo

Post by perseo »

The problem is that sometimes when the chosen unit is next to harriet at the end of the turn, when the new turn starts you have to move him in order to harriet detect it. Am I explaining it right?
"I was pulling a barrow, when I saw a stalking horse
what a beautiful day!- he said- for visiting a red herring
and getting hoarse."
Working on this campaign: The septentrional tower
Reval

Post by Reval »

perseo wrote:The problem is that sometimes when the chosen unit is next to harriet at the end of the turn, when the new turn starts you have to move him in order to harriet detect it. Am I explaining it right?
Ah, yes, that WAS true until version 1.1.0.
Reason: The teleporting and the mounting was implemented as move to event. When Ceres reworked the mounting code, he did the same with teleporting - so in the current version you should be able to teleport units that are next to Harriett at the beginning of a turn.

killerbee

Post by killerbee »

in "The three towers of Mt Quake" scenario i cannot use teleport no matter what
plz help :D
Reval

Post by Reval »

killerbee wrote:in "The three towers of Mt Quake" scenario i cannot use teleport no matter what
plz help :D
I cannot confirm a bug there in the current version.
So, which version of TFotC do you use, or better, which version of TFotC did you have when you entered scenario 16?
If it was an older one, I can only recomend that you update to the current verison and start again from you last save of scenario 15.
As you have come until here, I guess you used it in the other scenarios and you know that Harriett needs all her MP and how to opperate the right-click options.

You can send me your save file if you want me to check it and if you want, I can send you one of mine.

quincy

Post by quincy »

I played through your campaign, and I enjoyed it very much. I noticed that, even though Bonie died, the forefather still said "you escaped now, but we will get you next time!" (or something to that effect). Also, some other dialogue is strange because Bonie doesn't say anything.
Reval

Post by Reval »

quincy wrote:I played through your campaign, and I enjoyed it very much. I noticed that, even though Bonie died, the forefather still said "you escaped now, but we will get you next time!" (or something to that effect). Also, some other dialogue is strange because Bonie doesn't say anything.
You are right, that this dialogue should depend on his survival. The cause was simply that he was origionaly supposed not to die but the campaign had already quite a lot of units that where not allowed to be lost. So, he stays optional. :-)
(Though, in the current version, him fighting next to Clyde is the only reason to turn of Clyde's light.)

Do you still remember which dialogue (or in which scenario) you thought he should say something? He has a few more lines to say at the begining of scenario 14 (Dark Walks) - so maybe there.

Nice to hear that you had fun! :)

Romeo

Post by Romeo »

Hey, don't know if I found a bug or if I'm just useless, but in "The Three Towers" my current objective (Red team) is to move the archer to the west tower. However, deep water in front of the entrance prevents me from doing so (He can't traverse it to get to the tower, and there's no alternate path).
Reval

Post by Reval »

Romeo wrote:Hey, don't know if I found a bug or if I'm just useless, but in "The Three Towers" my current objective (Red team) is to move the archer to the west tower. However, deep water in front of the entrance prevents me from doing so (He can't traverse it to get to the tower, and there's no alternate path).
No, not a bug, purely intentional:
Spoiler:
Actually, this was one of the main ideas of the whole campaign: That you have units with very unique abilities that you need to put to good use in combination to achieve the goals. :)

Bolasdragon

Post by Bolasdragon »

I have two questions, I think the first might have been answered already.
1) why cant i dismount in the dwarf cave scenario?
2) why, after the talk between feyndwarf and the dwarf king in the same scenario, does feyndwarf disappear and i am not given another objective. after i move i just go back to feyndwarfs cave and have the conversation with him (except he disappears after the first conversation) then go back to the throne room and have the same conversation with the two dwarves again. this repeats infinitely.
Reval

Post by Reval »

Bolasdragon wrote:I have two questions, I think the first might have been answered already.
1) why cant i dismount in the dwarf cave scenario?
2) why, after the talk between feyndwarf and the dwarf king in the same scenario, does feyndwarf disappear and i am not given another objective. after i move i just go back to feyndwarfs cave and have the conversation with him (except he disappears after the first conversation) then go back to the throne room and have the same conversation with the two dwarves again. this repeats infinitely.
You seem to have encountered a bug - or even two.

1) You are supposed (and are normally forced right at the beginning) to dismount Snow-white right at the beginning of the scenario. It just felt wrong to do this cave mission on a horse.
2) If you arrive with feyndwarf at the dwarfen king, the scenario should be won after the dialogue.

If you don't mind, please send me your savegame from the very beginning of this scenario.
Right now, I can only advice you to reload from that first savegame and dismount right at the start and try again.

Bolasdragon

Post by Bolasdragon »

i did try to dismount at many places during the scenario, it never let me. what should i do to send you the save? email?