The Feudal Era!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Neoskel
Art Contributor

Re: The Feudal Era!

Post by Neoskel »

Um, the greaser is still lvl 2... Did you update the version on the server?
Urs
Art Contributor

Post by Urs »

The version on the server has not been updated yet - it should be somewhat soon, though.
Urs
Art Contributor

Re: The Feudal Era! Except Better!

Post by Urs »

Demo I.ii Released!

Basically it fixes all the bugs in the first one, and it balances the Clockwork Dwarves, Aragwaithi and High Elves more.

Go download it. Then play it. Then tell all your friends about it. And then play some more.

Oh, and provide feedback in this thread, and here.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Feudal Era Demo II released.

Announcing the second FE demo release. The era now contains five factions:
  • The Orcish Khaganates
  • The Ceresian League
  • The Aragwaithi
  • The Clockwork Dwarves
  • The High Elves
This release is for the dev version only; since 1.6 is coming out in just a few months, probably, I'm not doing any development using the stable version.

Enjoy, and as always, C&C welcome.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

high elf sorceress has a problem with it's movement type I fear--shows only 1 resistance, and has 100% defence, 10000 moves/everyterrain type >_<
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Thrawn wrote:high elf sorceress has a problem with it's movement type I fear--shows only 1 resistance, and has 100% defence, 10000 moves/everyterrain type >_<
Gah.

Looks like the unit cfg file has "movement_typee=" not "movement_type="... which of course makes the fix absurdly simply; change "typee" to "type".

This'll be fixed in the next release.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
hawkn

Post by hawkn »

I have (i think) 1.4.7, and i cant find this era anywhere in the addons.
Speak softly, and carry a big stick.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

turin wrote:This release is for the dev version only; since 1.6 is coming out in just a few months, probably, I'm not doing any development using the stable version.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Ruksa

Post by Ruksa »

Not sure if this the correct place to post this, but...
I tried the feudal era in a skirmish battle, playing as High Elves using 1.64 version of Wesnoth.
My sorceress was immobile. I restarted and recruited her in a different hex, but she's still a statue.
I levelled my Shieldbearer to Aegis and was rewarded with 7 hp, but no other improvements. Worse yet, the icon disappeared.
Nice looking units otherwise. Haven't played enough to give a somewhat informed opinion on unit balancing, although I wiped out the Orcs pretty easily.
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

I'm resurrecting this thread to say that I've been working on the old Kedari again. Basically, I'm scrapping the idea of splitting them into Kedari and Ainsarii, nerfing the Genie line, making various other balancing and structural changes, and adding some new units.

So if people are interested, and if Unwise Owl gets a chance to update the Feudal Era for Wesnoth 1.10, they may yet be playable again.

EDIT: Also, I'll reuse art from other desert-themed factions to finish out the unfinished unit lines.

EDIT 2: Minor corrections.
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Excellent!
When you get a re-worked version together drop me the zip file and I'll add it to the release. Provided that there's not too many things that need fixing I think that we should be able to get this out quick smart.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

UnwiseOwl wrote:Excellent!
When you get a re-worked version together drop me the zip file and I'll add it to the release. Provided that there's not too many things that need fixing I think that we should be able to get this out quick smart.
It should be ready. I'll send it tonight.
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Hrmm...there's a bunch of old broken macros in use here, it's going to take more time to fix than I can spare right at the moment, but stay tuned for a possible release some time next week if all goes well.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

UnwiseOwl wrote:Hrmm...there's a bunch of old broken macros in use here, it's going to take more time to fix than I can spare right at the moment, but stay tuned for a possible release some time next week if all goes well.
Yeah, take your time if need be. No problem.
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

A lot of the errors seem to be in the Arigwaithi.
I might consider taking a leaf out of the EE's book and replacing our Arig with the seperately maintained Arig outright.