Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

The fatal error was fixed. I am really sorry for this.

The scenario when you are trying to track down Akula - is it named Akula's Place?
Anyway, can you please send me the save file? I never heard of this problem and cannot imagine what might be its reason.
EDIT: The only thing I could imagine is that you damaged too many facilities (in combination with lower difficulty) and so their appearance got very rare, and with a bit of luck, you saw nobody for quite a time, and you haven't noticed anybody all the time.
If with 'the scenario when you are trying to track down Akula' you mean the whole dungeon, then it is quite weird, because these trapdoors generate enemies correctly on my machine.
arobinson

Post by arobinson »

dugi wrote:The fatal error was fixed. I am really sorry for this.

The scenario when you are trying to track down Akula - is it named Akula's Place?
Anyway, can you please send me the save file? I never heard of this problem and cannot imagine what might be its reason.
EDIT: The only thing I could imagine is that you damaged too many facilities (in combination with lower difficulty) and so their appearance got very rare, and with a bit of luck, you saw nobody for quite a time, and you haven't noticed anybody all the time.
If with 'the scenario when you are trying to track down Akula' you mean the whole dungeon, then it is quite weird, because these trapdoors generate enemies correctly on my machine.
In any of the dungeon scenarios there are no monsters being generated by the trap doors. Makes for a really boring set of maps :). I hadn't even damaged any facilities and there were no errors. I'll PM you links to a few save games to see if you can track it down.

FYI I am using Wesnoth 1.10.3 on Mac OSX 10.7/Lion.
Running Wesnoth 1.12.4 on Mac OSX 10.10
Campaigns:
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

FIXED.

Also, attacks like whirlwind or explosive damage will no longer harm allies (before, they did not harm them, but not in all cases).
An older bug with Foul Potion was fixed too (but now it woks completely differently).
arobinson

Post by arobinson »

Just noticed something else, the Dwarvish Lord say that they cannot use an axe (tried with "Silver Axe" and "Executioner's Axe")
Campaigns:
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I think I forgot to allow them to pick them up. Thanks for reporting!
arobinson

Post by arobinson »

Couple of other things:

1) Could you add {IS_LOYAL} to the loyal units so that they get the loyal icon overlay? With units that go to lvl 4 it is very helpful to know which are loyal, especially when using the soul gate in the last campaign.

2) When you use a lich book and the unit dies, the created lich does not seem to be able to use a staff. Is that intentional?

Thanks again.
Campaigns:
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

{IS_LOYAL} would not work, this is done in a more complicated way, but I have have added there something similar in the last version, but it will not work retrospectively.
Oops, you probably meant something else. The units from chapter 3 that are loyal automatically. The answer is no, because in the dungeon in chapter 5, you pay no upkeep, so distinguishing loyals is purposeless.

With the lich unable to use staves, that is possible that I forgot, I think I have fixed it but I am not sure. I will have a look at it. Liches can equips staves in the latest release, you have been reporting a bug that was already fixed.

Thank your for reporting.
SomeoneElse

Post by SomeoneElse »

Hi

I've played through most of the campaign on various versions (updating as new versions are released), and have noticed the following issues (Windows 7 v10.x):

In the second scenario of part 4 (I think), the undead from the lake are supposed to be on your side, but join the 'good' team and not the 'Good' team (or vice versa - I did check but can't remember) - and so carry on attacking you when they're not supposed to - at least that's what's suggested by the dialogue.

When you pick up gems for crafting, you lose any extra hitpoints the unit has gained beyond the default (quite significant for the main chracters, 500 or so back to around 50) - I think part of the item pickup utility resets the unit to the unit's original maximum.

There's a black amulet item that gets dropped that I've never been able to pick up - not sure what it's called for obvious reasons. There are also a couple of books that are not visible when dropped.

There were also a couple of scenarios where I won by ending turn on the first turn - I think one was the Bitter Swamp level, I can't remember the other (not helpful, I know)

I also thought that the language from the elves was a bit odd - for example, I'm not sure saying 'we're screwed' really fits in with the general image. But that's just my opinion.

Hope that's helpful feedback - I like the campaign, this is the first one I've actually gone to the effort of registering for to leave feedback.
arobinson

Post by arobinson »

I just played again since I enjoyed the RPG features and wanted to see what upgrades there are. I skipped almost all of the dialog, so I cannot speak to fixes there, but here are somethings I decided to write down while playing that I noticed:
  • "Army of darkness" scenario -- automatic victory after turn 1, looks like leaders are missing
  • In "Lilith" scenario -- error "unknown unit type: Greater Mage"
  • Healing potions do not heal, but they do raise the max HP
  • Explosion, cleave and whirlwind only hit one unit in "Siege", "Lost"
  • "The Pit" - no enemy attacks until you get to the "gate". Lot of searching with no resistance. It looks like the ghosts are choosing to go south
  • Explosion is a bit too powerful for use with Lethalia. For example, faerie fire with 50% damage staff and explosion. Perhaps a quicker drop off per hex, like 75% less each hex?
  • Cleave + whirlwind also is too powerful, probably should not apply
  • [removeitem] deprecation notices. Found at least in "Lost", "Gehenna" (treasure chests)
  • "Teh Ehro" cannot use use spear like weapons, but it seems that other horsemen can
  • "Gehenna" scenario. "Fight as good as you can" should be "Fight as well as you can"
  • Spears, axes and maces have their bonuses applied but they don't appear in the unit's list of items
  • In "Achilles' Revenge" the Orcs are a bit underpowered in hard mode. Perhaps mostly lvl 3 or even lvl 4 units would be better?
  • In "Achilles' Revenge" the day/night graphic is plain black.
  • More aggressive monsters in later scenarios. After several lvl 4 units are created with items they often rarely get attacked.
  • "Bitter Swamp" scenario -- automatic victory after turn 1
  • "Into Our Frozen Land" the undead still attack you even though the dialog says they won't
  • Fearless given to a female results in a display of "female^fearless" is the underscore missing?
  • Amulet of twilight lacks a description in the "take it" screen
  • Mechanical spearman (the traitor from the prison in Akula's place) cannot use spears
  • Is "Guards' Quarters" (Akula north room) supposed to have an enemy in the castle keep to the north?
  • "Offender" type (General_steel) cannot use a crossbow or a sword
  • Teleport boots actually allow you to teleport to a village that you do not own
  • Eastern guardroom -- the zone to go to the armory is too large (you keep getting asked to go to the armory)
  • No way to go from "Northern Guardian Room" back to the "Guards' Quarters", event does not trigger on the north side of the map.
Thanks again, I enjoyed playing it both times.
Campaigns:
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Oh, so many errors. Mostly created recently. I will fix most of them soon, but I plan to remove the feeding from bosses (was terribly overpowered and terribly buggy; I will replace it with something else), and because that will need really a lot of rebalancing, I will probably retest the whole thing again. I want to finish multiplayer before this lengthy replay.

Anyway, I will explain some of these errors.
Army of Darkness - whoops, forgot to add victory_when_enemies_defeated=yes
Lilith - I must have renamed that unit in a beta version of a certain update, good to know
Healing potions - should have been fixed in the last update (not sure if I published it yet, however)
Explosion broken in some scenarios - good to know, I must have malconfigured the enemy sides.
The Pit - worked well when I was testing it in 2010. I should tweak their AI.
Explosion too powerful - when I will remove the feeding, the swarm on faerie fire will get to a whole new level
Deprecated removeitem - might have happened, it was tested in 2010 the last time
Teh Ehro cannot use spears - whoops
Language issues - thanks for reporting, my english is not perfect
Underpowered enemies - that is why I wanted to rebalance the whole thing. I was writing that thing in 2010 (there were no items back then)
More aggressive enemies - not so easy to do sometimes, will be done during rebalancing
Bitter Swamp instant victory - All I remember is that I rewrote this scenario in 2012, and did not test it properly, I will have to see it
Amulet of twilight, missing images - looks like some data not found, this looks like typos in addresses and so on, can you please specify which books they were, SomeoneElse?
Mechanical ally - I never intended to allow him to use weapons - he would get bloody strong, he already has double damage
Teleport boots issue - hell, no idea what this can be, I used absolutely the same teleport as Silver Mage has, it might be a general error
Dungeon transition issues - I never went that way, there might be bad coordinates

Thank you a lot for reporting this.
pyrophorus

Post by pyrophorus »

dugi wrote:Teleport boots issue - hell, no idea what this can be, I used absolutely the same teleport as Silver Mage has, it might be a general error
Hi,
I have the same issue in my own code. It works as if the 'owner_side=$teleport_unit.side' was missing in both source and target tags. But Silver Mage is still working as usual in the same scenario.
Friendly,
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

The problem seems to be that the variable substitution is performed somewhere where I do not want it to happen. delayed_variable_substitution=yes should fix this (wiki said so too when I checked it, it was written there that delayed_variable_substitution=yes fixes a bug in teleport(!)). Thanks for pointing me to the right direction.

I have fixed most of the problems mentioned above, I will upload it once I finish the multiplayer scenario.
DuckyWucky2

Post by DuckyWucky2 »

dugi wrote:The problem seems to be that the variable substitution is performed somewhere where I do not want it to happen. delayed_variable_substitution=yes should fix this (wiki said so too when I checked it, it was written there that delayed_variable_substitution=yes fixes a bug in teleport(!)). Thanks for pointing me to the right direction.

I have fixed most of the problems mentioned above, I will upload it once I finish the multiplayer scenario.
Multiplayer Scenario!? AWSOME
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Making one, yeah. I created the enemies, I just have to place the enemy spawns and test a few things. Might take some time, though.

EDIT: Macros for placing enemy spawns complete, about a half of enemies placed, but there is still much to do.
EDIT #2: Bummer - wesnoth engine is slow in something, and a few things would take too long to execute (started happening when there was a lot of monsters, so I could not foresee it) - this would make it very annoying, and redoing it will need quite lengthy changes and a bit worse results (but the solution seems to work better).
EDIT #3: I have reached the level of a playable alpha. Quite a few features have still to be added.
Solaara

Post by Solaara »

Hi, I really enjoyed playing your campaign, love leveling up chars and choosing new abilities, making each unit stronger and stronger. I recently restarted after downloading your latest update, 2.1.3. it seems the whenever the main heroes or units with increased hitpoints pick up an item, all the extra max hitpoints they've gotten from feeding,killing enemies or consuming hitpoint potions gets reset to the original value when they just became preserved liches. This is easily fixed with debug mode, but it gets tiring after awhile. Thanks for making this great campaign!

Edit - Another bug, the spears Lightbringer's Trident and The Impaler cannot be unequipped after you equip them.