Trapped 1.13 - The Zombie returns

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Heindal

Re: Trapped

Post by Heindal »

Update to Trapped 0.7 for 1.9.7 and 1.8.4 (since 2011, December 31st):

Trapped - Ratvolution

Defeat the wrongly accused Norbert and his bunch of rather rebellious rats and become a - err - hero.

changes:

- infinite arenarounds
- right click helpmenu, missonreview, inventory and option to drink healpotion
please note - you will have to drink the potion now manually - you will now longer be healed automatically
- 5 additional scenarios (all optional - depend on your choosen ending)
- 1 additional mission
- a changed macro-kind shopsystem
- random loot
- random encounter
- optional dice game
- storekeeper to upgrade your troops
- a fourth hireling for each faction available
- more secrets
- new "escapeoption": reincarnate as a zombie
- 20 achievements
- rat faction and several rat types
- new avatar

Merry X-mas and a happy new year ^^

Heindal
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Hex

Post by Hex »

If you are still working on this "Trapped fight for freedom"

Something definitely should be done with the fog, I don't mind it so much the first time around, it's important for hiding secret areas. But every time you go from one area to the next its back again, should be remembered.

Reloading a game or going to a new area (for sure at least the latter) gives one a full heal.

And the chest I unlocked in the secret chamber in the farm gave me a error about its remove item method needing to be updated.(attached screen shot)

Also in the farm, it keeps on talking about me encountering a new enemy, hearing a new enemy, "ENCOUNTER!" in big red, but nothing shows, no enemy or anything.
Attachments
remove item needing updating.png
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I will repair that. Thanks for the feedback and playing.

Uploaded 0.701 as a small bugfix:

- changed shroud to no, when returning from the farm
- repaired the chest bugfix
- repaired the rat double quest bugfix, you can now kill Norbert two times (well its not logical but its a feature)
- repaired income ability and income bug (when returning from the farm your income grew to +2)
- repaired small spelling mistakes
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

If you wanted, I could fix the dialouge in this same as in The Five Fates. I'd also take the words that are considered offensive and replace them with other insults and curses, same as Into-Jesus did for TFF.

Incidentally, the campaign looks fun. I didn't play a lot of it, but still...
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
MR-Wose

Post by MR-Wose »

I played this game on easy and until now I have got these endings:
I escaped alone, escaped with the thieves and I died so there's 1 ending left. Also I did all the jobs for the thieves.

Spoiler:
Under Nederlaag wich means Defeat in dutch there's:
*Your death!
*Beurten raken op (wich means turns run out)
if you look at the amount of turns I have, I see there's no limit, this seems to be a WML mistake solved by deleting:

Code: Select all

[objective]
                description=_ "Turns run out"
                condition=lose
            [/objective] 
or deleting:

{TURNS_RUN_OUT}
also when you have to attack the rats(the rats that are in the trash) for the cook they somehow don't fight back.

Spoiler:
If you look at my attacks, the third(Spear) has initiatief 2 times initiatief means first strike I don't know if having this will cause any crashes or so but I think it can be fixed by checking if someone already has those things on their weapons before adding them.

Also the tired guard does not attack back(only when I attack him), that may be on purpose or be caused by the fact he's not in a team he doesn't get a turn.

And when you pay the thieves 1000 gold coins they tell you their idea, but that option doesn't dissapear so is it of any use to keep paying him 1000 coins? When I did it the second time he didn't tell me anything else.

Then in the ending dialogue it says:
During your journey you manage(what should be managed) to get the following achievements

but there's nothing here, i'm pretty sure I did get 5 achievements or so.

And for the players of this game, if you have autosaves on, put it off, add a limit cause otherwise you are gonna waste some time deleting the autosaves.
Heindal wrote:My question is – can it be done in another way – or can I specify the difficulty – that its not called “hard.”
Yes you can, with the following code:

difficulties="EASY,NORMAL,HARD"
    difficulty_descriptions={MENU_IMG_TXT2 "units/elves-wood/fighter.png~RC(magenta>red)" _"Fighter" _"(Beginner)"} +
    ";*" + {MENU_IMG_TXT2 "units/elves-wood/lord.png~RC(magenta>red)" _"Lord" _"(Normal)"} +
    ";" + {MENU_IMG_TXT2 "units/elves-wood/high-lord.png~RC(magenta>red)" _"High Lord" _"(Challenging)"}
I copied this from “an orcish incurison”, as you can see it says beginner, Normal & Challenging but for WML the names for these difficulties are still EASY,NORMAL,HARD

EDIT:
atm the moment i restarted it and now i'm doing it on the NORMAL difficulty, when i fight the wolves, first there's 3 wolves, then we killed the first wolve and a new wolf respawned, the we killed the other 2 wolves but the wolve that respawned was still alive and i won, i think that's a bug...
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

*Sigh* I stopped the development of 'trapped' a while ago (proably one year or more), it makes me a little bit sad, as it is the one and only of my campaigns, which isn't really 'finished'.

Trapped was my first campaign and so there are a lot of mistakes in it and I could proably easily fix them with my new knowledge, but if I would touch the inventory again, I'd make it lake five fates or strange legacy - maybe even improving the System - which is again a high ammount of work. Also I'd need to correct typos and grammatical mistakes all over the addon. I never found time for than it doesn't make sense in my point of view.

If enough players insist in changes I'd do it.

I think you will just need to defeat three wolves in normal and hard, but there are more wolves and some of them are invisible. So the fight is way harder.

The endings (Spoiler alert):
Spoiler:
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

I really liked trapped too, so i would be glad if you continued to work on it.
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
WhereIsBaodur

Post by WhereIsBaodur »

I wasn't able to load the last map. If I tried climbing the rope or went with the thieves' plan (the 1000 gp one) the game crashes after saying that there's a problem with the new map's name. :(
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I've tested in and it worked. I could escape through the cave using the rope and the secret passage (which are just two possible ways - there are so far 6 different ways).
The last scenario hasn't any map, maybe that's the problem - but it works for me - so I don't know what wrong with your version.

What version of Wesnoth do use and what OS? I've tested on the stable version 12 of Wesnoth using Windows.
Attachments
helgrund.png
WhereIsBaodur

Post by WhereIsBaodur »

Windows XP, stable 12 version.
It wasn't the ending in the picture, though, I was able to get that one. It's the one after you bring 1000 gold to the thief boss. OR, the one in which you decide to climb the rope alone, because after all you are the champion of the arena and you feel like you could do it. They are the only 2 quests left for me - that i was able to find at least - I tried doing every quest, both thieves' and guards' (I even played the undead ending). only other thing I wasn't able to find a use for is the dark altar underground, near the mushroom farm. I guess it could just be foreshadowing?
Thanks
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

As soon as you reach the "end" with epilogue, it loads the final scenario. This scenario has no map, or at least no map is needed. So I don't understand why the cave isn't loading the final scenario.

Well there might be two things you've missed considering the endings:
Spoiler:
However I'm currently thinking about giving the campaign a little facelift by:

- adding infinite movement
- correcting texts and typos
- better shopdesign
- adding rat faction
- adding specific amla to all three heroes
- end for the guards
- secret ending

Will see if I find time. Considering the time I've spent on other projects, this should be done in "no-time".
WhereIsBaodur

Post by WhereIsBaodur »

Still, for some reason it can't load those scenarios. When I try to climb the rope, or when I finish distracting the guard the game returns to the main screen with an error message. If you modify the campaign I'll probably try it again. By the way, I tried to do quests for both thieves and guards, and I had to do the rat mission - the mushroom farm - twice. Maybe you'd want to fix this
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thanks, I will fix this.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I'm currently working on this, but will need more time to come to an end.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Took me longer than expected, but's finished. Testing and creativity took it's toll. Even so I played this add-on to end several times, I've just tested a part of the endings.
If you liked the campaign, step in again and give it try and send me feedback and bug reports here or to heindal@scherbia.de.

The new version 1.0 features:

- 2 new melee weapons and upgrades - the dagger is a quick, weak weapon, the halberd a devastating one strike weapon.
- 1 new ranged weapons - the bow which has marksman from the start, but lacks the specials of other weapons.
- improved several upgrades of the other weapons - for example the javelin will no receive markmanship
- melee and ranged weapons now get simple names, which change which each upgrade (necessary for 1.13)
- every unit of your side has free movement, except during fights
- all units will be teleported into the arena when a fight begins
- there are several wandering arena
- added two new missions
- added new scenario with 2 potential secret ending
- added three new endings (black guard, free gladiator, secret)
- new npcs for flaire or function
- added love story (kilma which can influence some changes in endings)
- added a mysterious bloodmage with unique selling options
- added the Witchilante, beside selling the mysterious ratburger he sells 4 faction-free monsters to join your fighting squad
- ratburgers and heal-potions now can be used to heal allies
- skills with weaponspecials can be used in the improved helpmenu - for example giving any weapon berserk or taking it away and so on
- heroes now have an own amla path instead of evolving
- you can now recall your friends from the first fighting scenario (if they survived)
- you can no longer do the rat mission for both faction
- you can no longer exploit flasks, chests and backpacks in the farm
- changed ending - less messages, but still a good overview over your deeds
- changed future pathes and added new ones - still it might be that you don't get one - in that case please contact me
- overworked and corrected many texts (there is still work to be done)
- improved code to be less buggy (not everywhere unfortunately)
- added new monsters to the random arena round
- the random arena rounds will now spawn random groups of enemies, the maximum of enemies have been reduced, potential rewards are higher now
- added pictures for rat faction
- added portraits for wolves
- got rid of the old avatar
- solved a bug considering the above map, there was a tile, which caused a problem to load the map
- added many labels
- maybe more I've forgot right now

You should be able to load your old game, however you should enter the 'Farm' and return.
Than all new features should be loaded. uploaded for 1.12 enjoy ;)

please note: the version for 1.13. will take a while, it seems impossible to define a dynamic 'hero unit' in 1.13. at least not with concept I've so far used
Last edited by Heindal on June 11th, 2017, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.