Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

markaux

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by markaux »

Hi dugi, first i wanna thank u for making this campaign, its really fun to play, and i like the story so far, ive been playing part I only, and thats because i got a problem, when im in the scenario "the poison", where i need to kill the dragon, i kill it, its end, i click "end scenario" and the game just exit, no bug or crash windows appear, the game just exits. U know what could be the cause of this? I dont want to begin part II without having ended part I, but i cant play the next scenario after "the poison", i think its name is "ascension" or something alike
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Can you please send me a save file just before the problem and a save file named LotI1-10_The_Poison.gz ? I need it to try to reproduce the problem, I have absolutely no idea what can it be, the only thing I remember that could do this were issues with AI (two leaders of one side), and the Ascension scenario is relatively simple, so it should not cause issues.
You can open the save file as an archive, use find and replace to replace all next_scenario="11_Ascension" to next_scenario="12_Toxic_Sun" (it should be like three times there) to skip that problem.

Replying to older posts:
I forgot to tell that the item storage can be used only before turn 3 to avoid exploits (3 units sharing one axe...).
I had no problems to pick up a sword with an Elvish Overlord, neither with picking up helms with any units. Daggers were supposed to be usable only by units that use daggers, like thieves or poachers.

I have released a new version, cutting the loading times to normal lengths (just a little bit more 90 scenarios is 90 scenarios), fixing a load of item bugs and adding ten items with effects of completely new kinds (for example Bow of Cantors: +30 percent damage, marksman, marksman to ranged attacks of all adjacent units; or Executionner's Axe that alters attacks so that 10-5 becomes 50-1, 12-3 becomes 36-1 etc.).
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Spoiler:
Your campaign creates oos in normal games. It gets worse when units start to get amla, then it is just unplayable.
I tried first with your campaign installed, then deleted it and tried again and no oos then.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I think I know what is it. The campaign is using regular units, and hacking the interface to add them additional advancements. I when I moved it into multiplayer to create an era, and these advancements got there and as a result, your client thinks that Draugs advance to Deathlords, while it does not on other computers (who probably don't have the campaign installed).
I forgot that doing this would alter the advancements also in the default era. Pretty much the only way to resolve this is to remove the era. If you download the campaign now, it should have no effect on multiplayer (MP scenario will have to be done without an era).
Battlecruiser_Venca

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

In the MP era you have to use custo, units for everything (and you can clone any unit using [base_unit]). So clone all default units which are you changing and it should be MP-safe even for eras
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I don't think that is necessary. Making a multiplayer scenario without an era to work with with is easier than doing this (I mean, making thirty base unit clones is still a lot of work, no matter how simple it is).
Battlecruiser_Venca

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

but the era is more universal, you can use the era on any map
DuckyWucky2

Post by DuckyWucky2 »

I finished the campaign till the end of chapter 5 everything went fine, loved it brilliant! Then, after downloading 2.1.8 I decided to play it again so i played through ALL of Chapters 1-5 again, until in Chapter 5 I reached the cave entrance. Both preserved Lich health decreased to 100 (before entering the cave both wrre over 600). I tried reloading the previous scenario from last save, restart the previous AND 2 scenarios before and then go into the cave. Same problem. i think someone else had this problem too! Any ideas? I am about to download 2.1.9 see what happens :D

RESOLVED
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Battlecruiser_Venca wrote:but the era is more universal, you can use the era on any map
Yeah, but most maps are balanced with the regular era, not with an era where you have a very strong leader who can fix any troublesome situation with ease. Another problem is that more complex scenarios might be tailored for the default era, and it would not work with altered units. Also, the level 4 and 5 advancements of units are useless in PvP. I intended the era to be used mostly with a scenario I have not written yet.
Therefore, I will bring the era back, but without level 4-5 advancements of regular units, with an event-based AMLA of some kind instead.
In order to play it as a regular multiplayer, you can try RPG AMLA Era I made, that is similar in most conceptions to this campaign
I finished the campaign till the end of chapter 5 everything went fine, loved it brilliant! Then, after downloading 2.1.8 I decided to play it again so i played through ALL of Chapters 1-5 again, until in Chapter 5 I reached the cave entrance. Both preserved Lich health decreased to 100 (before entering the cave both wrre over 600). I tried reloading the previous scenario from last save, restart the previous AND 2 scenarios before and then go into the cave. Same problem. i think someone else had this problem too! Any ideas? I am about to download 2.1.9 see what happens

RESOLVED
Do you mean the problem stopped?
I remember trying to fix that problem, I think I probably even verified that I fixed it, but it was long before version 2.1.8. I will check it again, but know that I plan to remove their feeding ability later, and replace it with something else that scales with the number of kills, because feeding to 600 hp was a bit too much. But because this would mean that I have to play through the whole campaign again, I am leaving it for the oncoming summer. There is also a lot of other unbalancing things I want to do, and should do before it. And again, I am not sure if writing chapters 6-10 should not be a greater priority.
Last edited by Dugi on June 16th, 2012, 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
markaux

Post by markaux »

dugi wrote:Can you please send me a save file just before the problem and a save file named LotI1-10_The_Poison.gz ? I need it to try to reproduce the problem, I have absolutely no idea what can it be, the only thing I remember that could do this were issues with AI (two leaders of one side), and the Ascension scenario is relatively simple, so it should not cause issues.
You can open the save file as an archive, use find and replace to replace all next_scenario="11_Ascension" to next_scenario="12_Toxic_Sun" (it should be like three times there) to skip that problem.

Replying to older posts:
I forgot to tell that the item storage can be used only before turn 3 to avoid exploits (3 units sharing one axe...).
I had no problems to pick up a sword with an Elvish Overlord, neither with picking up helms with any units. Daggers were supposed to be usable only by units that use daggers, like thieves or poachers.

I have released a new version, cutting the loading times to normal lengths (just a little bit more 90 scenarios is 90 scenarios), fixing a load of item bugs and adding ten items with effects of completely new kinds (for example Bow of Cantors: +30 percent damage, marksman, marksman to ranged attacks of all adjacent units; or Executionner's Axe that alters attacks so that 10-5 becomes 50-1, 12-3 becomes 36-1 etc.).
Dugi here are the savefiles for my problem
http://www.mediafire.com/?5bs04j8a5xtu7ov (LotI1-The_Poison.gz)
http://www.mediafire.com/?3ky8ev27nayin2f (LotI1-The_Poison_Turno_10.2.gz)
http://www.mediafire.com/?d1toihdiw38zh8h (LotI1-Ascension.gz)

The first one (LotI1-The_Poison.gz) i didnt have it, so i needed to complete the previous scenario to create it again, luckily i had a savefile just before i killed the liche in the scenario previous to "The Poison"
The second one (LotI1-The_Poison_Turno_10.2.gz) is the one just before i kill the dragon to advance to the next scenario
And the third one (LotI1-Ascension.gz) is the one created after i hit "next scenario", but when i load it the game exits too
I use version 1.9.11, with spanish language
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

At the moment, I am unable to open any of the save files you posted, the library that opens gz archive has issues with it (probably because of the spanish language). I will try it later on Linux, I am on Windows right now and that one does not natively support these things.
I was unable to open that archive neither on Linux or Windows. The thing that was supposed to unpack it failed to do its job.
Can you tell me which OS are you using?
And, are you able to play through Delfador's Memoirs (I mean through the leader change, that problematic scenario was the scenario with a different leader in my campaign)?
Can you please open the game, load that save when it crashes, and then write here to contents of the stderr file (or just post it; it should be inside the wesnoth folder within Program files)? If you are not using Windows, open wesnoth in Terminal, (the command should be something like 'wesnoth-1.10'), and copy the contents of its log here.

By the way, I tried that part and it worked for me, without any issues (on Linux).
markaux

Post by markaux »

dugi wrote:At the moment, I am unable to open any of the save files you posted, the library that opens gz archive has issues with it (probably because of the spanish language). I will try it later on Linux, I am on Windows right now and that one does not natively support these things.
I was unable to open that archive neither on Linux or Windows. The thing that was supposed to unpack it failed to do its job.
Can you tell me which OS are you using?
And, are you able to play through Delfador's Memoirs (I mean through the leader change, that problematic scenario was the scenario with a different leader in my campaign)?
Can you please open the game, load that save when it crashes, and then write here to contents of the stderr file (or just post it; it should be inside the wesnoth folder within Program files)? If you are not using Windows, open wesnoth in Terminal, (the command should be something like 'wesnoth-1.10'), and copy the contents of its log here.

By the way, I tried that part and it worked for me, without any issues (on Linux).
I use Windows XP. In previous version (1.8.3) i was able to play Delfador Memories with no problems, in this version (1.9.11) i have not played it, but ill test it. Dont know what could be the problem with my savefiles... I thought it should work even if u use another language...
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

The problem with save files was related to system, because the thing that was failing to open them was not a part of Wesnoth.
I have not tried yet the save files from Windows XP, but it should not be hard to try, my brother has one (I have Windows 7 as a secondary OS).
I think you can simply move your save files from the appropriate scenario from 1.8.3 to 1.9.11 and try it, the chance that it would cause issues is minimal.
The major problem I see there is that you are using Wesnoth 1.9.11. This version is called 'unstable' and most people use the 1.10 branch. I suppose there might be an error in that version, but it is not very probable.
Can you please tell me the contents of your stderr file? (c:/Program Files/Battle for Wesnoth 1.9.11/stderr.txt; after loading the game and attempting to load the problematic save file)
Anyway, I recommend you to start from the 2nd chapter, this problem does not seem to be easy to fix (as I am unable to replicate it), the story of chapter 1 is told at the beginning if you choose so.

EDIT:
I made a new version, decreasing the randomness of drops, so that only weapons that a unit you can have can pick can drop. That means, no more bows in 4th scenario, etc. Also the drop chances vary from scenario to scenario. Because mostly useless items dropping is not so much a problem anymore, I added spears (for horsemen; tridents count as spears too). I have also added some support for crafting, but that is a useless information at the moment, as crafting was not enabled... yet.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I just made a new version, 2.1.11.

I added crafting, so now, also some gems will drop (obsidians, topazes, opals, pearls, diamonds, rubies...), and from them, you may make armours, helms, gloves, boots and weapons of all kinds. It is not made that simply adding a gem will add an effect, you need to use a group of gems to make an item with predefined effects of your choice and with the type of your choice. It is accessed through right-click menu, items -> crafting -> blablabla, should be obvious enough.

I also fixed a serious, but quite invisible bug, that caused the item list to remain without updating when passing from one scenario into a new one, so you needed to start the game from the beginning to make new items droppable.
arobinson

Post by arobinson »

Seems like the new version won't load.

The error is an invalid closing tag event for tag heal_unit(opened at ~/add-ons/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/utils/global_events.cfg:2387....

Thanks for the campaigns. They have been fun to play. I was trying to update as I noticed that once you get to the map where you are trying to track down Akula there are no enemies. I think the trap doors were not working at all. So I was trying to update to see if that now worked, but hit the above error.
Running Wesnoth 1.12.4 on Mac OSX 10.10
Campaigns: