Zombie Apocalypse RPG 1.6

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Shasha

Re: Zombie Apocalypse RPG 1.4.1

Post by Shasha »

After the junkyard event, the dead man can't be examined.

I did not managed to dig the hole near the library.

Could not find the key to open the house near the place where you find the chainsaw.

What's the use of the rope?

And there was no examine in the backyard lake on that blue ring thing.

When is the new version coming? This scenario is amazing, I loved it :)
Raindancer

Post by Raindancer »

well guys...l can't help u much in improving it, but l wanna report some bugs. may I?
I played the former version of Zombie Apocalypse on my own laptop, controlling 4 sides, and 2 are medics and 1 scout and 1 commando. Some bugs happen to me.
1. each time when l used up my movement points, even if there is no enemy in sight, l can't regain them back... This is really disTurbing because 4 movement point is too few to be useful. Finally I spent 22 hours and 1400 turns to finish it....what a damned setting!
2. when l were gonna to fetch the She-Vampaire's weapon, l found that even if l toughed the monster statue's eyes, the statue which blocked me is just removed, but the terrian is not changed...so, it is still impassible. I can't get that "Hers" weapon
3. The ship can be used only once...it is annoying.
Hope you guys successfully solve these provblems and expand it as u designed! This is the best RPG I have ever played.
These feedbacks are given by AxalaraFlame at a wrong thread. I represent him as he demanded to move it here.
Bazinga
PapaSmurfReloaded

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded »

Shasha wrote:After the junkyard event, the dead man can't be examined.

I did not managed to dig the hole near the library.

Could not find the key to open the house near the place where you find the chainsaw.

What's the use of the rope?

And there was no examine in the backyard lake on that blue ring thing.

When is the new version coming? This scenario is amazing, I loved it :)
1-I'll check that.
2-Did you have the shovel?
3-And end game side-quest.
4-It's decoration, that's a swimming pool.
5-Hmmm I don't know, I still have to finish the 18th Century Era.
Tbqh I do a lot of stuff and I rarely work on Wesnoth, to be honest, it's sort of random, unless a big bug shows up somewhere.
Raindancer wrote:
well guys...l can't help u much in improving it, but l wanna report some bugs. may I?
I played the former version of Zombie Apocalypse on my own laptop, controlling 4 sides, and 2 are medics and 1 scout and 1 commando. Some bugs happen to me.
1. each time when l used up my movement points, even if there is no enemy in sight, l can't regain them back... This is really disTurbing because 4 movement point is too few to be useful. Finally I spent 22 hours and 1400 turns to finish it....what a damned setting!
2. when l were gonna to fetch the She-Vampaire's weapon, l found that even if l toughed the monster statue's eyes, the statue which blocked me is just removed, but the terrian is not changed...so, it is still impassible. I can't get that "Hers" weapon
3. The ship can be used only once...it is annoying.
Hope you guys successfully solve these provblems and expand it as u designed! This is the best RPG I have ever played.
These feedbacks are given by AxalaraFlame at a wrong thread. I represent him as he demanded to move it here.
Ty.

1-I'll check that, it might that another unit in the team had it in sight(it requires all players units to be out of the mobs range of sight).
2-what version are you using? I fixed that in the last update.
3-It is supposed to be used only once.
Shasha

Post by Shasha »

Yes, I had the shovel. Strangely, the hole sometimes turned in a red flower.

"And end game side-quest."
Can you explain it to me? I didn't understand...

Raindancer

Post by Raindancer »

Shasha wrote:Yes, I had the shovel. Strangely, the hole sometimes turned in a red flower.

"And end game side-quest."
Can you explain it to me? I didn't understand...

I represent a guy to answer this question. Please ignore my existance.
I understand it. See these codes below and you will get it.
[message]
speaker=narrator
side_for=$side_number
message="Only those who witness death in full bloom will reveal the secret."
[/message]

Only after several turns, when any of your team members saw the flower blooms, the secreat door at the back of the library can be opened.
Bazinga
Raindancer

Post by Raindancer »

As u can see...
Attachments
This is a bug, but I dunno why it happens
This is a bug, but I dunno why it happens
Bazinga
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

I can't reproduce that bug. Are you sure that the add-on is properly downloaded? It looks as if the folder macros/ was missing in your local copy (in the version on the add-on server this is not the case).
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
Raindancer

Post by Raindancer »

Crendgrim wrote:I can't reproduce that bug. Are you sure that the add-on is properly downloaded? It looks as if the folder macros/ was missing in your local copy (in the version on the add-on server this is not the case).
I duuno why too...It is still at the oringinal place, nothing wrong with that. But after I removed it and download a new one I am able to load it again. I just wonder why would that happen?
Bazinga
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

POST 1:
The upper post is mine; I used my friend's ID. The topic administrator can either delete it or change it as mine. I cannot reproduce that bug either after these weeks, I suppose it may be just a wrong click, moved the macro files into another document bag.

But this time, I really spotted a bug:

POST 2:
Damn...it says that bmp. documents are forbidden here. Then I transform it into a png file and upload, it says it was hoping I would upload a bmp file :augh: So I change it back again, it says "The extension bmp is not allowed." again..... :augh: Why the hell is that!?

Administrator, please help me merge two posts into one. Recently my adobe player sucks oddly, the delete icon "X" cannot be clicked, so I could only post again.

The bug is spotted at the place out of the junkyard, where should have an Ak-47 when the second waves of monsters arrived; however, when I moved to there, I cannot find any stuff.

POST 3:
I found it can be uploaded again...interesting, but not funny. :annoyed: Maybe the forum runs mad just now.

Now these three posts shall be merged into one. Somebody help me do it...I cannot click "delete". :(
At first you thougt there will be an AKM, so you wanna go get it and kill monsters just as a same thing as you did before.
At first you thougt there will be an AKM, so you wanna go get it and kill monsters just as a same thing as you did before.
Then...you found that dead idiot left nothing for you, even if you think maybe the campaign maker was befuddled and placed the gun at some other places, after scouting around all hexes, you give up and finally admit it is a bug
Then...you found that dead idiot left nothing for you, even if you think maybe the campaign maker was befuddled and placed the gun at some other places, after scouting around all hexes, you give up and finally admit it is a bug
Last edited by Elvish_Hunter on May 26th, 2012, 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged triple post
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

AxalaraFlame wrote:Now these three posts shall be merged into one.
Done.
AxalaraFlame wrote:Recently my adobe player sucks oddly
And... what Adobe Player has to do with with a forum post? :?
Since you already stated, in past, that you have some strange problems (like the edit page shaking when you try to edit a post), did you consider doing an antivirus scan?
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Elvish_Hunter wrote:
AxalaraFlame wrote:Now these three posts shall be merged into one.
Done.
AxalaraFlame wrote:Recently my adobe player sucks oddly
And... what Adobe Player has to do with with a forum post? :?
Since you already stated, in past, that you have some strange problems (like the edit page shaking when you try to edit a post), did you consider doing an antivirus scan?
Oh! You are back! Finally. Well, now I simply type in Win7Word and copy and paste it, so the shaking problem does not happen anymore.
When the adobe player sucks, many graphic problems happen. For instance, now I cannot see the picture of "The Battle for Wesnoth" above the page. There is only one red "X". I dunno why. Do you how's that happened?
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

I just had another idea: You might want to try another browser. Maybe the one who're using is somehow broken. :?
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Crendgrim wrote:I just had another idea: You might want to try another browser. Maybe the one who're using is somehow broken. :?
Please put aside the browser thing :annoyed: I get used to it, and I hate unnecessary changes. Would you please focus on that bug which I have spotted first please? That is the bad nut I wanna scrap
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

AxalaraFlame wrote:Oh! You are back! Finally. Well, now I simply type in Win7Word and copy and paste it, so the shaking problem does not happen anymore.
For this, I found a possible solution at http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1757835 :
activate IE 8's Compatibility View by clicking the icon next to the address bar that looks like a broken piece of paper. This will force IE 8 to render the page like IE 7 does, which may fix this issue.
As for the Flash Player, did you already try checking if you have the latest version installed? You need to go here: Control Panel -> Flash Player -> Advanced tab -> Check now button.
AxalaraFlame wrote:Would you please focus on that bug which I have spotted first please? That is the bad nut I wanna scrap
The author's last login was about two weeks ago, so you can try sending him a PM.
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Thanks, I will do it. Did you two or anyone spot this bug? I suppose Zombie Apocalypse still has many bugs, since when I was on server, asking people whether they will play this RPG, many people say it is "buggy" or "too long". I suppose this bad fame must have come from bugs and the movement settings. However, as the best RPG game, I still think it is promising. :D