demons and angels

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

francophone

demons and angels

Post by francophone »

It is therefore to do something other than EOIs (Era of Invasions: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=33890; http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=33896). I wanted to do a more classic version that can be demons and celestials.
I have the concept but not the unit files. I started with the sprites (http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=36729). I have those of demons, but I have trouble with angels (we'll see later ... maybe).
orga.png
1 forked devil 2 sadistic torturer 3 tormentor of Hell
4 satyr 5 caprine devil 6 great goat
7 whipper 8 jailer 9 slavery
10 infanteer 11 shock trooper 12 slaughterer butcher
13 flying devil 14 no name now
Dugi

Re: demons and angels

Post by Dugi »

I would name the number 9 unit slaver, slavery is the act of keeping slaves, not the person who does so.
Number 12 unit's name does not seem good to me. It is too long, and consists of two words that are almost synonymous. Why don't you name him Hellish Butcher or Infernal Butcher or Hellslaughterer or Butcher of Sinners?
francophone

Post by francophone »

dugi wrote:I would name the number 9 unit slaver, slavery is the act of keeping slaves, not the person who does so.
Number 12 unit's name does not seem good to me. It is too long, and consists of two words that are almost synonymous. Why don't you name him Hellish Butcher or Infernal Butcher or Hellslaughterer or Butcher of Sinners?
OK for Slaver
12 becomes Hellish Butcher

For the lvl2 of flying demon, what about "resident of clouds" ?
francophone

Post by francophone »

All lvl1 demons:
Spoiler:
francophone

Post by francophone »

I've uploaded the faction of demons. This is "Angels and Demons" éra (even if for now there are only demons).
I quickly balanced units aproximately. It is likely to improve. to be tested.
francophone

Post by francophone »

Angels tree
orga.png
orga.png (303.26 KiB) Viewed 6314 times
1, 2, 3 = scout unit: "heavenly messenger, heavenly herald, instrument of heavenly Word" maybe not lvl3
4, 5, 6 = ranged unit: "heavenly archer, ?, ?"
7, 8, 9 = mixed fighter: "heavenly flasher, heavenly thunderer, instrument of Destiny"
10, 11, 12 = melee fighter: "heavenly infanteer, heavenly exterminator, instrument of Justice (Justness ?)"
13, 14 = tank + basic healer: "protective angel, redeeming angel"
Telchin

Post by Telchin »

Well, you have two eras, both of them have two factions, one demonic and one angelic. I undestand that they are different in concept, but have you considered making them in one era with total of four factions? The two factions of winged guys already have different names (angels and celests), so just make a new name for one of those demonic factions (e.g. devils, fiends, daemons, legions of hell etc.).
francophone

Post by francophone »

Angels and demons are not a complete era. It was just to change from the very personal version on EOIs. And also to be less serious. I'll try to finish quickly Angels and Demons and move on. namely to do the other factions of EOIs and campaigns that go with EOIs (campaigns that do not be seriously either).
EOIs will contain more than 2 factions. Symbolically, the oposition of celests and demons refers to the opposition of angels and devil demons. But this is a false appearance. The celests have nothing angelic. I started the faction of pariahs that are hybrids of both. I expected other factions (plants, elementary, ET droids, maybe visitors from another dimension...). This era is called era of invasions and not angels vs demons. (And is characterized by races with often extremous resistances.)
Angels and devils do not belong. Those are rather made ​​(for fun and) for anyone to recover them for inclusion in an era or a campaign.

NB: the id of the races is not the same (and different than the name) to avoid being mixed in help. You can also combine the versions of demons, even with the same name of race, without everything being mixed. Ito when I do the elementars, etc..
francophone

Post by francophone »

If I have not forgotten anything, I'm done.
As said before, it is especially to make available units that could be used for a campaign or era. I have not spent hours balancing factions. Angels are probably overpowered.

I put the image and unit file of an scout level 3 angel, although I prefer the faction without. If someone wants a level three, he will have it.

add-ons updated!