Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles (Chapter 5 is out)

Post by Dugi »

I have released a new version (2.1.3).
The changes are mostly related to items. I have rebalanced the drops, decreased the defence increases from armour (units with low resistances like Fencers will get more resistance than units with high resistances like Heavy Infantryman, the defences are not added, but multiplied, in the way that a unit with 20% resistance to pierce getting an armour with 30% resistance will get a (100%-20%)*(100%-30%)=44% resistance to pierce; impact resistance gain is halved), but added helmets, gauntlets and boots. Also, one cloak, one armour and two magic staves were added (one of the staves grants explosive damage). I have also made sure that the resistances won't go too high. I have also decided that users of explosive attacks will pay more attention to avoid harming allies, like it was suggested several times here.

More detailed list of changes:

Code: Select all

2.1.3 (development/maintenance)
Added traders to the game
Users of explosive attacks will pay more attention to avoid harming allies
Added helmets, boots and gauntlets to the game, three kinds of boots, three kinds of helmets and three kinds of gauntlets
Decreased the resistance granted by armours
Added four other items
Rewritten the part of the code that determinates the type of item dropped; rebalanced the chances to drop of particular items
Added a cap for resistances - the maximum resistance to physical is now 80%, the maximum resistance to fire and cold is 90% and the maximum resistance to arcane is 70%
Redone the armour system; armours no longer add to resistances, now they increase them multiplicatively; so a Fencer's resistances will increase more than the resistances of a Shock Trooper
Replaced Efraim's portrait with an improved one from CrowT
Fixed some possible display bugs after the We Walk in the Shadows scenario
Long Way Home scenario will no longer have problems with messages about deprecated WML parts
Fixed one possible item exploit leading to making a unit invincible
Fixed a possible bug with Orb of Dragonflame
MRDNRA

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by MRDNRA »

I have tried your campaign on a few occasions, but can't really get into the style of fencers and theives unfortunately. A pity, from what I have seen it seems an interesting campaign to play as well.
lynx

Post by lynx »

That's just what you start with — throught the campaigns, you can recruit from various factions.
francophone

Post by francophone »

In the pre-penultimate scenario of the third part, the de-petrification seems not work.
I looked at the file and it seems that we must choose the second button the third time. But there is no third time!
I wonder if we should replace a level of [option] by [message]. But I do not really know.
Anyway, here are the messages that appear when I put an unit on the monolith:
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
1 and 2 without WN logo. When 3 > space or enter > nothing (not "nothing" message but end of messages)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

That is not a bug. You have to press the third and then the second button. It has to be a particular combination of two buttons, not just a single correct button. The message there from backwards is Psers the trihd and the snoced button, that is just like Press the third and second button with a bit wrong order of letters. As far as I know, it works, I last tested it almost two years ago, but I haven't edited it after it, and when I checked it now, it looked okay. But thanks for telling me about it, I have accidentally written there forth instead of fourth (I had pretty much no idea what forth means back then) and copied it a lot of times.

And thank you lynx for that reply.
Last edited by Dugi on May 21st, 2012, 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
francophone

Post by francophone »

Ok I misunderstood the code.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I made a new version, adding a few things and mostly fixing a few bugs from the previous version.

EDIT: Because of some bugs in the previous version, I have uploaded a new one. I have also made a major change in the items system, that decreases the time it need to load (by 40 percent!). It also very slightly decreased the size of the add-on. The only visible change is that items are described when it asks you if you want to pick them up.
SigillumMilitum

Post by SigillumMilitum »

Not sure if this has been brought up but in scenario "Paradise Lost" one Orcish leader dropped a bow. Not sure if item drops are randomized but I don't see the point in dropping a bow like this if all I have is Fencers and Thieves and none of them can use a bow.

Furthermore when I kill the final leader how am I supposed to get his item?
lynx

Post by lynx »

You can't. And I got that bow too, the first reaction wtf did it come from? Then annoyance since nobody could pick it up.

The unhealthy(?) hunger item doesn't work for undead, my spectre gets no extra hp for killing units (neither did it get the feeding trait if that was planned).

Currently about halfway to Akula. The random appearing of units is very annoying, especially since there is no rational explanation. They're robots, not magical beings. It would be fine if they did that at the end of the enemy turn, not at the start, so they can't attack immediately and you can take countermeasures.
SigillumMilitum

Post by SigillumMilitum »

The whirlwind attack on Ephraim harms allied units (those with the blue dot), but not one's own units. Is that deliberate?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It was rather intended, but I have changed it recently (see the changelog in the first post of this topic and check out which version you have) so that it would affect only enemies. I'd swear that I tested it and worked, so if you have the latest version and he can attack allies, please tell me about it.

About the leaders dropping useless items, it is simply automated that units that can recruit will always drop items, and I never intended that the last one would drop something, just because more enemy leaders usually means that the ones that are not the last leader killed do not have to be killed and therefore you are rewarded for killing them. Anyway, I will fix this visual issue sooner or later. I have fixed this, and I will upload it in a few days.

And about items you cannot pick, the drops are completely random, except that in the beginning, some useful items have an increased chance to drop.

About the randomly appearing enemies there, I meant it that they are just emerging from dark corners, and in fact they are not randomly appearing, they are just periodically coming from several places. Damaging their facilities or playing in a lower difficulty decrease the chance that they appear, and also make weaker enemies appear, that may create an illusion that they spawn randomly. But I making them spawn when it is your turn to make them more predictable is easy, so I have done it and it will be added to the next release.
DuckyWucky2

Post by DuckyWucky2 »

I cannot seem to get past the level Bloodbath, just too many enemies coming towards me and my allies. Playing the easy version, any options or tips? In my view it is highly unlikely that we can win thi scenario :( PLEASE HELP!
lynx

Post by lynx »

Finished the last campaign. Pretty funny ending if you think about it too much. Found three or four secret maps and mostly played with just the main few units.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

DuckyWucky2 wrote:I cannot seem to get past the level Bloodbath, just too many enemies coming towards me and my allies. Playing the easy version, any options or tips? In my view it is highly unlikely that we can win thi scenario :( PLEASE HELP!
There is too many of them. You are supposed to lose. After a certain number of turns (that I could survive on normal difficulty, without thinking too much about it), even more of them appear and you leaders will decide to retreat.

@lynx I made that the dungeon so that in the beginning, it is rather hard, then it will get easier, and you will train your units so that you could face the Guardian room and Akula.
And what is so ridiculous about the end? I needed to set up a few story affairs for the next parts, did I do it wrongly?
lynx

Post by lynx »

Spoiler: