Introduce yourself here!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

sixdaysshort

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by sixdaysshort »

hiya. got into the game via iOS. just started and have been avoiding reading walkthroughs. It's been really fun so far. hopefully i'll have reason to stick around.
Dark-X4

Post by Dark-X4 »

hi I have played Wesnoth a couple years but took a long break in the middle I'm back on though and have been getting add-Ons
I used to be almost veteran rank but now weaker players are on so I'm a veteran
I also do a lot of map editing so I'm great at that and am starting to learn WML
If you want any concept art I can help, and if your good at WML I probably want your help...
I program and do some art and recently started WML, my art is nothing compared to this though
also Im good at editing dialouge(i know what is right and can change) but not good at writing from scratch
Silverhawk

Post by Silverhawk »

Hi, I'm Silverhawk. I came to this thread just to say "hi". :lol2:
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

It's been a while, a long long while, but I'm back.
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.
Claes

Post by Claes »

My name is Claes. I love the game. I posted a review of it on my nearly nonexistent blog, which I hope to develop, but I wanted to say how much I appreciate the hard work that was put into this project and I hope that I can find some way to contribute to this community.

Thank you again.
Substance_Thief

Post by Substance_Thief »

HI I've played this game on and off for years two days ago I started playing with the wml and images. I did this so my kid would feel like he was really part of the game. So an hour ago I went and tried the multiplayer online portion for the first time. Wow. It seems that most of the community there are jerks to put it mildly. Thanks for the interesting game, but you can keep your arrogant creep laden community.
~gimps other peoples art while the family sleeps...
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

While it might be true that there are some bad-behaving people on multiplayer*, there is no need to carry those problems also to the forums. It's a nice place over here; let us all keep it that nice. :)
That being said, you might want to reconsider your opinion as well: Having played a bit on MP, and having watched much more, I can tell you that there are two different kinds of Wesnoth players: The one who like to leave, or who like to rant about leavers, or who start being offensive on losing; and those taking Wesnoth more serious, and mostly being very nice. I found it that the former kind of players often is in those games titled "no noobs" or something alike, while the latter tend to play only ladder (an unofficial Wesnoth ranking system) games in order to protect them from not-that-kind players. All other kinds of games might be played by both of them, you have to look for yourself.
Anyways, if you discover someone behaving really incorrectly on the server, there is always the /adminmsg command with which you can report this.

* I assume this is the case for every online game: There always will be people behaving badly, and they will always stick out. At least I did not yet find any game where this isn't the case.
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Crendgrim wrote:Anyways, if you discover someone behaving really incorrectly on the server, there is always the /adminmsg command with which you can report this.
Just to add to this tangent, I might as well suggest using the game’s own ignore list feature for people you don’t like in case MP moderators are unavailable or can’t help.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Lord_Jonas

Post by Lord_Jonas »

Hello, I'm new to Wesynoth! I just DL the game and launched it. Have no idea of any mods or addons that are considered "Cannon / Necessary" to experience the game fully, so please let me know if I'm missing something. Otherwise, I'ma start in on this campaign and slay be some monsters!
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Welcome to the forums.
None addons are necessary, most are great. So be sure to check them out once the mainline campaigns bore you or you want to experience something else. :)
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
flytroll

Post by flytroll »

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, but not a game.
I'd just upgraded 1.8 to 1.10

I should say, the Game is most "playable" and advanced game I'd been playing.

Team, nice job.
Thanks.
revolting_peasant

Post by revolting_peasant »

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and the game - playing 'The South Guard' as the tutorial recommends. I really applaud everyone's efforts in working on this game (especially since I've done some FOSS work myself). It's pretty addictive... and today it seems pretty professional, and the art is very nice too.

Anyway, I came to the forum with a question I'll ask in a separate thread.
RaVz

Post by RaVz »

Hello, I'm RaVz, new to the site, just started playing the game again. I've actually become rather addicted, and i've been blowing through a lot of the campaigns to just get a feel for the timeline and story. ( Not sure which of the add-ons are officially in the storyline )

Anyway, I'm not much for coding but I am a big fan of the game, and if anyone is looking to make a new project, I have tons of ideas and I'm a fairly decent writer.

Just shoot me a message!
nickycr1

Post by nickycr1 »

Hey, I'm nicky, I've been lurking around since the early 1.8 days. I've just joined the forums, and I'd like to say hello to all the members here. 8)
shacknetisp2

Post by shacknetisp2 »

Hello! I am shacknetisp2 and have been playing for several months. I find that wesnoth is the best strategy game that I've ever played, and it's add-ons are great! :D
Author of "Jyviack and Dazzell : I,II, and III"