The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry Feedback

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tribes45

Re: The Attack Of The Western Cavalry Feedback

Post by tribes45 »

On "The_Lance_of_The_Devil" Green always seems to take a real long time. Even at turn 2.. :/ Like, you wait 20 seconds for him to move one unit. Is this the campaign or my computer?
"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." -Herodotus
"Two things are infinite, the universe and Human stupidity. Although, I'm not sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein
axds123

Post by axds123 »

probably your computer as this did not happen to me
U WOT M8
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

I would like to complement a lot of the art work on here.

But secondly, with flagships, I think "Navy-Sword"s swarm is a good idea. But, by the time it has 220 hp, it only hits once. Maybe you should balance that on a different level, below 100 hp should be 17-1 or something probably??

EDIT:
Is there a way to make Warwick not wounded? Right now I would rather use a spearman then him. Hes level three and very week.
"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." -Herodotus
"Two things are infinite, the universe and Human stupidity. Although, I'm not sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

Lol I give up I can't win on "The lance of the devil" Necromancers too hard :p
That is if you're on Hadric's side.
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

On the next mission after lance of the devil, they mention a qoute of "Mal-Talar" being petrified on the battle field. But hes not anymore

Edit:

Heh, Wesnoth never stood a chance :twisted:

Edit:
This campaign was one of the best campaigns I've ever played during the time of knowing this game, which is around 2009. Great work White Wolf. I did not want it to end, but it was awesome. :)
Last edited by tribes45 on March 28th, 2012, 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Sorry for being so late, but currently have some network problems, my computer does not seem to work properly :augh:
But I'll fix these, thanks for indicating, as soon as I can.

EDIT:
OK, seem to have gained internet back. :wink:
Last edited by WhiteWolf on April 1st, 2012, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
axds123

Post by axds123 »

one of the best campaigns ever played it rocked
U WOT M8
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Glad you all liked it :)
I think while trying to end the third branch, I will also start with a new campaign with a new story :)
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

WhiteWolf wrote:Glad you all liked it :)
I think while trying to end the third branch, I will also start with a new campaign with a new story :)
Woeet
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Uploaded 0.1.6beta
For the changes, see the description.
Njord

Post by Njord »

I'm playing on a Mac using Wesnoth 1.10.2 and I've gotten as far as the Way to the Swamp of the Dead scenario and I'm totally stuck. Maybe I'm missing something simple (probably), but the last instruction to get out of here was to "go to the castle"? Where the heck is that? or- where do I go to end the scenario?

Also, I picked up a flaming sword and the flame attack doesn't seem to be any different that the regular sword attack - there are two listed for my guy to use.

Thanks for any help.
coxabranca

Post by coxabranca »

Congratulations on your magnificent campaign, is really spectacular.
But I'm having difficulty Place For Skeletons in the scenario where you need a key to open that gate that exists in coordinated 16-15.
How do I open this door?
Greetings
Reginaldo
Brazil
alluton

Post by alluton »

I downloaded campaign and Im playing first scenario. It seems impossible for that allied AI to survive. All of his cavalry men died between 4-6 turns( Yes I tryed the map 3 times) Every time elves steamrolled blues cavalry and whit that purple guy doing 4 times 10 dmg to him he woun't survive long either.

My battle ship tryed to help him in 3rd time. He still lost all cavalry. Propably ship would have held the elves back but blues leader charge in middle of elves into shallow water and got butchered. I was playing on normal difficulty. I'll see if I still give it one more try.
"This game cured me of my real life addiction."
-Flameslash
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Uh, sorry for being so ignorant, I had (and still have :() some problems with my internet, but I will answer the questions today.

Post 2:

So then :)

Njord:
I see, the objectives are really kind of unclear, I've rewritten them. Your goal is to reach the castle of the undead in the east - you'll recognise it easily, its a swampy castle with a Lich King in it.

Have another look on those swords - one of them is blade, the other one is fire ;)

coxabranca:By no means. Sorry :( . That scenario, and the rest of that branch (the 'good' branch) is unfortunately unfinished, and since I started another campaign, the progress is reeeeealy slow. I will finish it, maybe in another 2-3 weeks (when school ends). Until then, you must choose another branch at map11.

alluton:
You might be right, the side=2 is set to aggression=1.0. This can be cause of the suicidious leader :) Fixed that, I'll upload 0.1.7 as soon as I can. (A hint: should you happen to spot another like this, after you reported it, you don't need to keep on suffering with it, debug can solve many temporary things...;))

EDIT:
OK, uploaded 0.1.7.
For the changes, see its description. I will work on with the 3rd branch. I hope the next version I upload will be the 1.0.1 :)
Last edited by artisticdude on May 30th, 2012, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double posts. Please use the edit button if you have something to add only a short while after your first post, as per point 1f of the Posting Guidelines.
Mikeul

Post by Mikeul »

Hi, playing the "second front : Aethenwood" scenario after having downloaded the last version, i encounter the following error (end of turn 1) :
Unknown unit type : Elvish Hunter while scoring units.
Platform : Windows XP, Wessnoth 1.9.14