Default Plus Better Upgrades

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

danman5550

Default Plus Better Upgrades

Post by danman5550 »

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to make some more levels for some of the default units. I've gotten the programming to work and all that, but I need graphics for these new units. Since I can't draw for my life, I'd like to get some people to help me with the unit design and animation. Any takers?
Dugi

Re: Default Plus Better Upgrades

Post by Dugi »

Drawing them is 90% of the job. Making an era is usually about drawing, not about editing a few units' descriptions. As far as I remember, drawing a new unit took me like two hours, coding it is like ten minutes (and I gave it specific AMLA, without it, it would be five minutes).

I suggest you to simply take the graphics from somewhere.

You can find some stuff here to help your cause. Also, there was an era adding units up to level 5, but I can't remember if it was for 1.8 or for 1.6. Neither its name.
And also, you might want to check my campaign, I have some additional high-level advancements there (one additional level for elves and undead, fully animated).
Last edited by Dugi on May 16th, 2012, 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

That era was created by ancestral, and is called Ascension. I don't think it is updated yet to 1.10, though, but you can find it on the 1.8 add-on server.
See also the unit tree for an overview of all units: http://units.wesnoth.org/1.8/C/era_ascension.html
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
danman5550

Post by danman5550 »

O.O Holy crap, that add-on is scary. I mean, 70-1?!?!

Anyways, that page with some unit's pictures is good, I could use some of those.

Why have all of my ideas been shot down... :P