The Fall of Wesnoth - Version 1.0.8 Released!

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Pewskeepski

Re: The Fall of Wesnoth - Version 1.0.7 Released!

Post by Pewskeepski »

I downloaded 1.10.0 and installed the add-on off the server instead of moving it there myself, and it works fine for me; All the images are there.

When I installed 1.0.7, it never said the add-on was published successfully. It just said that 38.1 MiB of 38.1 MiB have been uploaded. And it said this for hours, so after a while I just hit cancel; Maybe this is the problem. But if it is, I have no idea how to fix it 'cause I tried to upload it again and the same thing happened :hmm:
"Everything is better with penguins."
Creator of Burning Souls, The Fall of Wesnoth (abandoned) and Adventures of Knighthood (now available on BfW 1.15!)
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Someone just appeared on IRC, asking for help about the missing images in your campaign as it already has been reported multiple times here. Thus I had a look and noticed a few things:
First of all, there are two versions of your campaign on the add-on server.
The second is that you're using wrong capitalization for some image names: The files are called, for example, images/schedules/2morning1.PNG while you reference them as images/schedules/2morning1.png. This works fine on a case-insensitive filesystem as the one Windows uses, but it will break on case-sensitive ones.
And finally, and this might be the cause for the missing images problem, I looked at your _main.cfg file and saw the following:

Code: Select all

[binary_path]
    path="userdata/data/add-ons/The_Fall_of_Wesnoth/"
[/binary_path]
This appears twice in the file, and once outside the campaign #ifdef (which you might want to remove from there, at least I don't really see why you did it). But far more important is that this should look like the following:

[binary_path]
    path=data/add-ons/The_Fall_of_Wesnoth/
[/binary_path]
Finally, the last [binary_path] tag for the music is superfluous, I think.
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
Pewskeepski

Post by Pewskeepski »

Crendgrim wrote:Someone just appeared on IRC, asking for help about the missing images in your campaign as it already has been reported multiple times here. Thus I had a look and noticed a few things:
First of all, there are two versions of your campaign on the add-on server.
I believe one of them is empty, and doesn't work at all. If a moderator could remove it I'd appreciate it; just don't delete the wrong one ;)
Crendgrim wrote:The second is that you're using wrong capitalization for some image names: The files are called, for example, images/schedules/2morning1.PNG while you reference them as images/schedules/2morning1.png. This works fine on a case-insensitive filesystem as the one Windows uses, but it will break on case-sensitive ones.
:doh: THIS is why I hate windows! Now I'm gonna have to go through almost every single image with gimp and rename them to '.png'. EDIT: Nevermind, I can't do that so I'll have to re-reference them correctly...
Crendgrim wrote:And finally, and this might be the cause for the missing images problem, I looked at your _main.cfg file and saw the following:

[binary_path]
[/binary_path]
This appears twice in the file, and once outside the campaign #ifdef (which you might want to remove from there, at least I don't really see why you did it). But far more important is that this should look like the following:

[binary_path]
    path=data/add-ons/The_Fall_of_Wesnoth/
[/binary_path]
Again I say :doh: It never occurred to me that some people won't have that as their directory. But I don't really understand what you mean by the #ifdef, where is it?
Crendgrim wrote:Finally, the last [binary_path] tag for the music is superfluous, I think.
Hehe yeah it is. I shall remove it. Thanks for the help, now maybe I can finally release a version of this campaign that doesn't have invisible units :)
Creator of Burning Souls, The Fall of Wesnoth (abandoned) and Adventures of Knighthood (now available on BfW 1.15!)
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Pewskeepski wrote: Again I say :doh: It never occurred to me that some people won't have that as their directory. But I don't really understand what you mean by the #ifdef, where is it?
As of the version I downloaded yesterday, your _main.cfg looked like this:

[...]
# User made music
[binary_path]
[/binary_path]

#ifdef CAMPAIGN_THE_FALL_OF_WESNOTH
[binary_path]
    path=userdata/data/add-ons/The_Fall_of_Wesnoth
[/binary_path]

# Load user made music
[binary_path]
    path=userdata/data/add-ons/The_Fall_of_Wesnoth/music
[/binary_path]

[...]

#endif
The second and third [binary_path] tags are inside the #ifdef CAMPAIGN_THE_FALL_OF_WESNOTH ... #endif block, but the first one isn't. This makes Wesnoth use your add-on's path as a binary path for all other add-ons as well (which, in most cases, won't be needed).
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
Pewskeepski

Re: The Fall of Wesnoth - Version 1.0.8 Released!

Post by Pewskeepski »

Ok, thanks again. I just uploaded TFoW 1.0.8 to the server! Hopefully, this release will fix the image problems. For anyone who tries it out, please let me know whether the images are working or not!
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

It's an empty add-on for me..

Edit:
All I get in _Info.cfg
and COPYING.

Wait.. this isn't a campaign?

I use Windows XP, SP3.
"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." -Herodotus
"Two things are infinite, the universe and Human stupidity. Although, I'm not sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein
vicente

Post by vicente »

I am using a Mac. The campaign loads fine for me. The images are loading correctly.
There are two versions of the campaign on the 1.10 add-on server. The one with only 7kb size is empty. You should look for the one with over 30Mb size.
tribes45 wrote:It's an empty add-on for me..

Edit:
All I get in _Info.cfg
and COPYING.

Wait.. this isn't a campaign?

I use Windows XP, SP3.
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

Thank you.
"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." -Herodotus
"Two things are infinite, the universe and Human stupidity. Although, I'm not sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein
MRDNRA

Post by MRDNRA »

Pewskeepski wrote:Ok, thanks again. I just uploaded TFoW 1.0.8 to the server! Hopefully, this release will fix the image problems. For anyone who tries it out, please let me know whether the images are working or not!
Just downloaded it and started the first scenario, all images appear to be working
Pewskeepski

Post by Pewskeepski »

Excellent :D
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

This campaign is very instresting to this point so far, I'm really enjoying it. :)
But any hints on "Left to die"?
On the mission after that, when the griffon comes Alitar talks to himself, in a two way conversation perspective, I think there's a typo, because he reply's to someone even when no-one said something.
Pewskeepski

Post by Pewskeepski »

tribes45 wrote:This campaign is very instresting to this point so far, I'm really enjoying it. :)
Thanks, I'm glad :)
tribes45 wrote:But any hints on "Left to die"?
The loyalists can cut your guys down quickly in the day time so the villages around your camp are very essential. It's best to cycle out soldiers fast so they can heal. And as you've probably figured out by now, you can't actually kill Rovistar so another strategy is to sit on around your camp and defend it from both armies.
tribes45 wrote:On the mission after that, when the griffon comes Alitar talks to himself, in a two way conversation perspective, I think there's a typo, because he reply's to someone even when no-one said something.
Sounds like it gave Alitar the Friend role, which is something it's not suppose to do since I have it set to not pick Alitar when assigning the role. I'll see if I can find what's wrong.
alluton

Post by alluton »

Uumm I just won left to die. Killed Rovistar on turn 5(Assasins picked him up) Then I realised Im not actually rewarded anyway. Because I do get 23 gold per turn but since there isn't turn limit it says 0 turns left. So no early victory bonus is actually got. I'll try next scenario and see what happens.
"This game cured me of my real life addiction."
-Flameslash
taptap

Post by taptap »

Prince of Evil is one of the few scenarios where I am really happy to escape. (From my already limited army I lost 3 precious L3 units and several others here - probably the problem was increased by triggering the final enemy quite early with a footpad running ahead.) I killed the final leader (not his units) while passing and wished this would at least give me an uplifting line of dialog. Earlier the whole panic of the stranded people wasn't exactly convincing. (I can handle zombies, even unlimited streams of zombies if need be.) After Prince of Evil the atmosphere really is there. Great work. (Also very good choice to use a larger variety of undead.)
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
Svistwarrior273
Translator

Post by Svistwarrior273 »

And when you will finish second part of this campaign?