Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles feedback

Post by Dugi »

Yes, I uploaded it, but noted it as 2.0.11 instead of 2.0.12. Therefore, deleting and reinstalling it should have done the trick. Anyway, it should be okay now.

And explosive attacks cannot tell an ally from an enemy, it was supposed to have to be used carefully. First it was meant to hit all units in range, but later I changed it to all units in radius that are not yours.
moony

Post by moony »

hey.
first i really love this campaign! ive played it oncfe before but cause of a bug couldn't finish part three. now im at the scenario "Bitter Swamp" and well its weird i can recall two dragons... should it be like that? and when its right i didnt get why.
Hm and i think some units have too much power. i have some which are powerful like Efraim or Lethalia and these can finish nearly the whole battlefield alone. maybe thats sometimes to easy.
but i really love it, thanks for uploading it :mrgreen:
Unsere Taten bestimmen wer wir sind, nicht unsere Worte.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

First tell me which version of the add-on you are playing on (when have you downloaded it, if you don't know). The items could get oddly powerful on some older versions.

And I have no idea why can you recall two dragons. It should not have been like that. When were they added into your recall list? What kind of dragons (what colour) they were?

And with the bugs... I am trying to fix them, but some fixes or new features might add bugs as well, so usually when you come to a bug, either report it to me or wait until someone else does it and I fix it. Anyway, I hope that the overhaul of the first three campaigns is complete. Updating add-ons after some time should fix most problems.
moony

Post by moony »

think it was monday.
finihsed part III today, in the end i had a elvish overord (was it so called?) which has about 120 life point and damage sword 24-7 arcane and 15-6 or so, and very high resistances. An Overloard finished a firedragon with 3 hits of is sword i think thats far to easy. But i like the fact that they can upgrade and have a lvl 4 like the overloard or nightprowler :)

it was after "wings Of Doom". In the scenario "Bitter Swamps" i could recall the dragons "Feuer" and "Blaze" both firedragons. ive recalled them and they fought on my side and died like "real" units.

anyway i love Legends of the Invincibles :)))
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Thank you. I have located the errors and fixed them (seems that you have simply received two extra units). It will be fixed in the next release.

The possibility of getting extremely powerful units was intended in chapter 3 so that the preserved liches would not be the only strong units you can have, that you may have possibly anything so strong. You don't have an unlimited source of enemies and items to get too many of them. Or was it too easy?
Btw, units you recruit in chapter 3 are much stronger on high levels than other units (so, recalling veterans and relying on them is a bad decision in chapter 3, although it might not seem to be like that at the beginning), so that power is chapter 3 only.
moony

Post by moony »

Was a little bit funny dragons against dragons. dragon "Feuer" against a copy of it :P

Ive realised it, the units in chapter IV are not as strong as in chapter III and harder to lvl up. I think the difficult level in IV is ok ;)
lynx

Post by lynx »

Found out why Argan is so easy to kill. While his stats say he has 70-80% resistance to physical attacks, the combat calculation doesn't use it properly (for 80% it multiplies by 0,8 instead of 0,2):
http://imagebin.org/206936

uh, and he lost the draining weapon special somehow, both weapons are now plain.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

There was an error in my code. There was a part that set his resists to the values I wanted and were displayed, but later in the code, there was a part changing his physical resists to the regular resists of Grand Marshal, that I forgot to remove and it was so hard to notice (I noticed he is taking somewhat too much damage, but the resists shown were correct, and I never decided to calculate it myself).
Very good you have noticed it. Will be fixed in the next release.

The reason for the absence of the drain weapon special and arcane damage on his sword is that they will be gain the the second and first advancement with the sword respectively. There are in fact two versions of Argan, one appears in chapters 1,2 (and 4 if you haven't continued from chapter 3) and is stronger than the other, but cannot advance. This was done to enforce the RPG style of the game; there was no time to level him up in chapter 1 and 2, and with that damage and drain, he would be an unstoppable tank at the beginning of the chapter.
lynx

Post by lynx »

Ok, makes sense. But then he needs another version of his description to not confuse us players.

I also noticed I can pick up items for no movement points — just undo and you're back where you started, but the item stays in the inventory. Could be a hard one to fix without making all undos impossible again. :|
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I will look at it. It was supposed to check if you haven't picked something up on every move, and allow undo if you haven't. Apparently it wrongly allows you do undo every time, allowing you to go into the most perilous places to take them items and return from there without any danger.

And I will update the description for Argan as well.
lynx

Post by lynx »

In case it helpd, it happened in a village hex, which may already be treated specially.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Nah, I have it already fixed in my version, but it is tricky to upload it atm because I am writing chapter 5, so I will probably upload only when necessary or too many things is to be changed.
lynx

Post by lynx »

Jurney south: invalid use of removeitem, it was depreciated by remove_item. It's used for the treasure chest.

edit: and the "better with bow" AMLA for the gryphon rider doesn't seem to change anything visible. I was expecting either the damage or number of attacks would rise (it stays at 10-5).

edi2: in the desert scenario, villages give gold. Intended? It's first for chapter 3.
all the following give it too or atleast have early finish boni — I am now at more than 5k useless gold.

edit3: for silver mages, the better blunt AMLA shows no progress like with the gryphon rider above.

At the start of Lost Turn: [set_variables] not supported at scenario toplevel
treasure: removeitem deprecated
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

A part of it seems to be some leftovers from wesnoth 1.8 (the deprecated things), will be fixed.
The AMLA problems will be fixed.
It is intended that you receive gold in scenarios that are limited by time. But there is apparently too many villages - how did you come to have 5k extra gold? When I was trying it, I had just enough gold. Not too much, not too little. Are you just saving most of the gold and buying almost no units?
lynx

Post by lynx »

yes, i'm building a legion of invicibles and it turned out to be a good choice. Anything you recruit but the outlaws is loyal, so there's no money drain. On the other hand you get villages, early finish bonus, treasures and most units autorecalled. Over 8k now.

The campaign is pretty tedius now, especially after exiting the cave (make the map narrower?) and having even more slow units recalled automatically. If i didn't focus on leveling the existing ones, it would be even more silly. All these train-your-troops scenarios are just boring extras at this stage. I think I'll just go assassinate the leaders with the core team for the last few scenarios.

The two initial liches are doing great, Argan a bit less due to the resistance bug, Deli ok, but still low on hp. Bunch of armored gryphon riders, amlad mages and shock troopers (still too slow, even after upgrades) and a few other serious elves. And that's just from this scenario pack. :)
But it doesn't really matter, as Lethalia could probably do everything herself.