Chat log pages in last to first order.

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Hex

Chat log pages in last to first order.

Post by Hex »

Ok, why would people want to view the chat log, it would be to see what someone recently said, right? Not something someone said a hour or more ago back at the beginning of the game.

So when someone clicks on see log and there is more then one page, it should start with the latest page of text, not the very first page requiring you to click a latest page button every time.
Caphriel

Re: Chat log pages in last to first order.

Post by Caphriel »

Actually, no. When I view the chatlog it's usually because I wasn't paying attention to a long conversation during the game and want to read the whole thing in order, from beginning to end.
MetalKing

Post by MetalKing »

I think a HotKey (Ctrl-Pos1 resp. Ctrl-End is broadly used for that) to jump at first or last Page is rather reasonable. If I (have to) look often into that Log its reasonable to start with last Entries like Hex as else the User who uses often that Log have often to press that Button to jump to the other Side. While that one who have to read rarely the Log but than a lot have to press rarely the Jump-Button. But if these Jumps ar possible I don't see a strong Need to get ths Behavior changed but the Changes would be minimal while if these Jumps miss the Efforts to implement them are much larger and their Need as wel. Didn't chat ever with Wesnoth as I can simply talk with the People I normally play with are in the same Room. (LAN-Games)
"Sir! We are surrounded by our enemies!" - "Excellent ! We can attack in every direction!"
"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." -- Albert Einstein
No Source - No Binary - No Trust!
Map Wesnoth Springs - The great War [200x120],Player=9
ancestral
Inactive Developer

Post by ancestral »

Wesnoth BestiaryPREVIEW IT HERE )
Unit tree and stat browser
CanvasPREVIEW IT HERE )
Exp. map viewer
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Incidentally:
On January 27th 2012, I wrote:16:39:05 <shadowm> mordante: related to the same loonycyborg asks: is there a way to force a scroll label to scroll to the bottom from C++?
16:39:39 <shadowm> I tried this and it didn't work: http://shadowm.rewound.net/f/chat_log_s ... ottom.diff
16:40:19 <shadowm> (not to mention that trailing underscore suggests I'm violating interface policies)
16:41:43 <mordante> no it's not possible
16:43:04 <shadowm> hm, too bad. It was for FR #19320
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
MetalKing

Post by MetalKing »

An Interface Policy makes a ScrollDownButton impossible? :lol2: Drop that Policy!
"Sir! We are surrounded by our enemies!" - "Excellent ! We can attack in every direction!"
"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." -- Albert Einstein
No Source - No Binary - No Trust!
Map Wesnoth Springs - The great War [200x120],Player=9
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

No, you didn’t understand. It’s currently not possible because of internal, technical limitations, period.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.