The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry Feedback

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Re: The Attack Of The Western Cavalry Feedback

Post by WhiteWolf »

Uploaded 0.1.5

Changed:
- Vast changes on MAP11.
- Solved the 'Mal-Talar problem'.
- Solved the error messages flooding the terminal.
- You have a new, extra aim.
- Now, every unit has a standard corpse image!
- Horsemen now have their proper corpse image.
- Death Squire has the proper primary attack animation.
- Solved a global game-crashing error (thanks for Max for the help).
- Warning message pops up if you choose an unfinished branch.
- Added a dialogue on map10 so that your aim is more clear.

Note: I'm not sure if you can continue your saved games, because many things have been changed - here it did not work. So you probably have to begint from the beginning...sorry :whistle:
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
axds123

Post by axds123 »

On the scenario where you got to get the death lance playing on .14 or version before new update i tried to level up my death squire but wesnoth shuts down on me if i dont use him at all and dont level him it works fine playing on mac 1.10.1wesnoth
U WOT M8
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Yes, this is a known and fixed problem, which was present at units: Goblin Rouser,Death Squire, Death Knight,Death Marshal.
I was ignorant, and embedded some bad LEADING_ANIM's which crashed the game. But I spotted it lately, and fixed it, in 0.1.5beta no error like this should appear.

Sorry, I did not really understand what you were trying to say :( but I think that you said that the game-crash happened before you updated, no?
Download 0.1.5, it should work fine now - you can use and advance the Death Squire.
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
axds123

Post by axds123 »

will i lose my progress
U WOT M8
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

axds123 wrote:will i lose my progress?
No, the saved games will remain, but I'm not sure if you can continue them. There were more serious problems in 0.1.4 as you can read above, some were game-crashing (just like the one you spotted), so you must download 0.1.5 if you wish to continue at all... :hmm:

But this is the drawback of 'beta' labeled version. I am hying to finish the 3rd option, and then there won't be so frequent updates.
axds123

Post by axds123 »

i could continue thanx for solving my problem with the death squire how to beat the scenario where u have garak and u got to kill lawrence and the elves cause i had to start out with fresh units and no recalls
U WOT M8
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Of course kill all of 'em :wink:

You have the lumberjacks, yes? Well, the suggested tactics is to cut the woods with them, then defend them with your soldiers. Once I could make to kill Lawrence, though I did not continue to kill the elves...

You are trying to say that the map is too hard to win? At what difficulty do you play?
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

WhiteWolf wrote:Of course kill all of 'em :wink:

You have the lumberjacks, yes? Well, the suggested tactics is to cut the woods with them, then defend them with your soldiers. Once I could make to kill Lawrence, though I did not continue to kill the elves...

You are trying to say that the map is too hard to win? At what difficulty do you play?
If you team with wesnoth, it gets hard.
If you team with Lawrence, it's easier.
Try to balance them in some way. Maybe add some Halberd men in the begining
"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." -Herodotus
"Two things are infinite, the universe and Human stupidity. Although, I'm not sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Okay, I'll do that then.
It was anyway an idea to place more units onto the map, because when I played, i saw that by the time you reach the battlfield, everyone will have died... :hmm:
axds123

Post by axds123 »

oh sided with lawrence did not give lance then screw off im goin to kill u lawrence and elves have to fight
U WOT M8
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

axds123 wrote:oh sided with lawrence did not give lance then screw off im goin to kill u lawrence and elves have to fight

Please put spoilers in a "
Spoiler:
"
WhiteWolf wrote:Okay, I'll do that then.
It was anyway an idea to place more units onto the map, because when I played, i saw that by the time you reach the battlfield, everyone will have died... :hmm:
Maybe you can do a event.

Code: Select all

[event]
name=turn #
[unit].. and so on.

around turn 5 or 6? So they arrive around the time battle gets huge. :)
Last edited by Elvish_Hunter on March 26th, 2012, 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged two consecutive posts
"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." -Herodotus
"Two things are infinite, the universe and Human stupidity. Although, I'm not sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

tribes45: I just joined two of your posts that were only four minutes apart. The next time, please use the edit button rather than double posting.
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Spoiler:
Ideas like this are welcome :) Okay, will also do some reinforcements during battle.
axds123 wrote: oh sided with lawrence did not give lance then screw off im goin to kill u lawrence and elves have to fight
Look, I don't really get what you mean :( You obviously chose the middle branch of the game (a good chose by the way :D ). What do you mean ' you screw off'?

By the way, just make sure:
Spoiler:
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

Elvish_Hunter wrote:tribes45: I just joined two of your posts that were only four minutes apart. The next time, please use the edit button rather than double posting.
Okay, sorry honestly don't mean too, just don't like two post in them w/ dif topics. But thanks for the warning :)
axds123

Post by axds123 »

thats what i thought to self said know what after i get lance of uberness i will kill lawrence took thhtat option sided with lawrence then killed him and he ran away
U WOT M8