The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry Feedback

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Adamant14

Re: The Attack Of The Western Cavalry Feedback

Post by Adamant14 »

This is about a older post in this thread.

I found a crown made by LordBob. :)
tRoW-eldaric.png
tRoW-eldaric.png (174.04 KiB) Viewed 4010 times
It takes only 5 minutes time to change this:
xanthos_king.png
xanthos_king.png (141.33 KiB) Viewed 4010 times
to this:
xanthos_king_with_a_crown_made_by_LordBob.png
xanthos_king_with_a_crown_made_by_LordBob.png (147.38 KiB) Viewed 4010 times
I used GIMP.

P.S. Don't thank me. Its LordBob's great work. Thank him.
All I've done is to put two things together.
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Well, my eyes may cheat me, but these don't seem equal to me... :wink:
waiting_for_the_gallows.gif
waiting_for_the_gallows.gif (2.77 KiB) Viewed 4000 times
- the displayed 'layer'
bow-elven-magic.png
bow-elven-magic.png (7.28 KiB) Viewed 4000 times
the core image.
This image seems to me like a colorly manipulated picture that are usually used in add-ons as I saw it.

That longbow you quoted is an item placed on the map, as a pickuble item. I don't really think it has anything to with this.

0.1.2 is the current version, I use the same, and if I remember well, I did not develop anything in the 4th map...though I may be wrong...

I don't know if you can do this in windows, but please try running the game in terminal, and see what it writes. There might lay some error in this that is not displayed in-game, but I'm not sure...I've never dealt with a proplem like this before :hmm:

2,Then I thank LordBob for the crown, and for you putting it together :)
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

I very much enjoy playing this campaign and I wish to continue on this journey.

But, I have a problem, on the scenario "The way to the swamp of dread" Turn 2, an error message pops up stating
Runtime Error...
(Location of wesnoth.exe)
This application has requested runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact this applications support team for more information.

I have Windows XP, SP3
1.10.1.. English?
All I did was click "End turn"
I'll look into atatching a saved game.
Thanks for the wonderful campaign. Please help though!
"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." -Herodotus
"Two things are infinite, the universe and Human stupidity. Although, I'm not sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Glad you liked it :wink:

Thanks for reporting the bug, it appears here too. I am working on it, and I'll update the campaign as soon as I have a solution.
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

WhiteWolf wrote:Glad you liked it :wink:

Thanks for reporting the bug, it appears here too. I am working on it, and I'll update the campaign as soon as I have a solution.

Great man, thanks! Much appreciated.
"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." -Herodotus
"Two things are infinite, the universe and Human stupidity. Although, I'm not sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Updated 0.1.3.

I found a unit with a bad ID I think...but I still haven't the faintest idea why it came out this way, because I had a 'bad_lexical_cast' error.
Never mind, I fixed the units, and now it works just fine.
Other changes:
- No more missig dialogues, also reduced the length of the irritably long ones.
- Developped the sleeping event (not visible - its at 3th possibilty, which is still not finished).
- Changed the picture of Xanthos (crown made by LordBob) and the Jail master.
- Updated the introduction at the first map.

EDIT!:
If you see at the description that it still shows 0.1.2beta, its because I forgot to rewrite it there, it was rewritten only at the .pbl file :oops:
Last edited by WhiteWolf on March 18th, 2012, 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

Awesome, thanks for fixing the problem! :)
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

macros/utils/image-utils

line 173: the path is 'deads/undead/archer-die-13.png' not 'deads/undead/archer-dying-13.png' :)

3_Trap_At_Elensefar

The defenders of Elensefar should own all villages in and around Elensefar from the beginning, don't you think? :)
And what about the bridges?

4_Waiting_For_The_Gallows

I removed all other add-ons from my add-ons-foulder, and now the strange 'magic-bow-image' is gone.
Seems it was caused by one of the other add-ons. :doh:
Sorry for the trouble.

5_The_Call_Of_Necromancy

line 21: the image path to the gate is misleading / image not found

9_Wesmere_Forest

line 202: the image path to the orc-souvereign is wrong

EDIT: I don't want to bad-mouth your campaign, I just want to help you fix the last bugs. :)
Last edited by Adamant14 on March 18th, 2012, 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

Sorry for several posts, but this campaign is remarkable. Everything is balanced correctly in my opinion, and the plot is awesome. :) Phenomenal work man.

And on mission "The Battle of Ships"

I get all of the ships down the river, all together, and nothing happens.. Help please?
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Fixed all of them, thanks :)
The bridge is borken because of story - I thought that when the villagers had been informed about the attack, they exploded it, so its harder to capture the city.

A suggestion for the ships:
Spoiler:
Currently, I am working full steam ahead with the third possibility, I hope I will have it finished in a few weeks. :)
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

WhiteWolf wrote:Fixed all of them, thanks :)
The bridge is borken because of story - I thought that when the villagers had been informed about the attack, they exploded it, so its harder to capture the city.

A suggestion for the ships:
Spoiler:
Currently, I am working full steam ahead with the third possibility, I hope I will have it finished in a few weeks. :)
Awesome thanks.
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but if it is, tell me please.

On the Scenario "The lance of the devil" when Mal-Talar dies, you lose. Even though hes an enemy, and you can't avoid it in any way I've tried.
Your Aeyfer says "No! Without the undead we're lost!"
Mal-Talar is the one who betrays you and burns down the Holy Tree.

If this isn't a bug, help please?
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

tribes45 wrote:I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but if it is, tell me please.

On the Scenario "The lance of the devil" when Mal-Talar dies, you lose. Even though hes an enemy, and you can't avoid it in any way I've tried.
Your Aeyfer says "No! Without the undead we're lost!"
Mal-Talar is the one who betrays you and burns down the Holy Tree.

If this isn't a bug, help please?
For me its a bug too.

9_Wesmere_Forest
line 5: Wesmere Frest > Wesmere Forest

12c_Wind_Of_Sloughter
("The poorly dressed, freezing soldier loses his last reserve of heat, and he slowly lays down onto the cold snow, to die.")
Undead unit should not "loose heat" and freeze. Undead should not freeze to death, don't you think?

13c_A_Bit_Demoralised
You should change the objectives-description after Calla is meet.
Some players, like me, don't read every single message in a game.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

What do you mean Mal-Talar dies? He is expected to be petrified already, or is he not?
Spoiler:
There is only one event which kills multiple units, but {NOT id=Talar} is present, so that can't kill him...how did you have him killed? I don't see that...

Fixed the others, but...I had said not to play the "C" option, hadn't I? :wink:
Please, try "A" or "B" instead, the only last working map C is "A Bit Demoralised", the next one will crash in the first turn, I'm sure - there hadn't been the sides written when I uploaded it.

I have a question for you :) I am not totally sure if the balacing of the 11th map is good. How did you find it?
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

I can't answer that because everytime, on the third turn, he dies causing me to be defeated.