Competetive multiplayer

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Caphriel

Re: Competetive multiplayer

Post by Caphriel »

Go ahead :lol2:
Huumy

Post by Huumy »

Caphriel wrote:To be specific, you're assuming factions are poorly balanced, you're assuming maps are poorly balanced, and you're assuming that the developers are community need to be educated on very basic principles of balancing strategy games for fair competition. It comes across as insulting and condescending.
This is what I wanted to say with my long rant.
"And the girl that you want is directly out in front, And she’s waving her caboose at you, You sneeze achoo, She calls you out and boom!"
The offspring, trolling you since forever.
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

:D soon one should be afraid of posting any ideas here
(...not that I think BasiC's idea was thought over well)

and don't you think only a developer who suffered by a personality disorder could feel insulted by something like that?
I work on Conquest Minus • I use DFoolWide, Retro Terrain Package and the add-on 'High Contrast Water'
I moved to Nosebane's corner (Doc Paterson's signature); I am spending my time there, so PM me if I don't answer your post in forums
pyrophorus

Post by pyrophorus »

SlowThinker wrote:and don't you think only a developer who suffered by a personality disorder could feel insulted by something like that?
Oh c'mon, it's a fundamental of netiquette:

Code: Select all

- Read both mailing lists and newsgroups for one to two months before
      you post anything.  This helps you to get an understanding of
      the culture of the group.
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855)
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

I suggest we move the talks about netiquette here:
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=36388

------------------------------------------
Edit: the main topic:

Taking into consideration the weight of luck in Wesnoth, the faction balance is more than sufficient.
In other words:
Most "unfair results" (a weaker player beats a stronger one) are caused by the (combat) luck, not by the faction imbalances.

(My apologies if I insulted anyone :wink: )
I work on Conquest Minus • I use DFoolWide, Retro Terrain Package and the add-on 'High Contrast Water'
I moved to Nosebane's corner (Doc Paterson's signature); I am spending my time there, so PM me if I don't answer your post in forums