Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

-stf-

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.10

Post by -stf- »

Hi, ME Emperor's units still have "Emperor's" in ID, which is causing savegame corruption, it needs to be changed i.e. into "Emperor_s" or "Emperors" (I sent the fix into this thread but it needs to be manually implemented with the new changes) and there are also some other units in other factions with the same problem.
I am attaching patch file for 4.8 version (some things that are in it are already implemented so focus only on ID's and changes in factions directory and don't apply it directly, it's only so you can see where are the needed changes). All dependencies between unit levels are included.
Attachments
Ageless_Era.patch
Patch for 4.8, for newer versions needs to be edited first or applied by manual editing of the corresponding files
(46.93 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
AlaskanAvenger

Post by AlaskanAvenger »

vultraz wrote:Did Era of Two Suns ever get in here? :)
As Reno already said, the Era of two suns is just a few factions with a huge assortment of units from various other factions, some of which are in ageless, some of which are not, and I don't think that it would ever be added for several reasons.
1. It would over double the file size, and while increasing its size is bound to happen as more factions are added, doubling it would just make it too unwieldy.
2. The so called factions in this era really aren't factions at all, just collections of various units, which, while it may certainly be fun to play with such a setup, is very different then ageless era.
3. Some of the factions, especially the ones from the War in Terrador, are meant to be played vs themselves, and would be very imbalanced v other factions.

@ Reno
took another look at Southern Hell faction, and it would probably be a fun one to add, it would just need some major balancing changes to a few of the units. Just need to get Newtons approval on that one.
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

I think the only completed factions from BSH Era are the felinians and the a.n.o...the others looks incomplete(especially in graphics)...
Age of Trials is surely very nice,very nice graphic and specials, and the units are already quite balanced with the Ageless...imo must be added!

Maybe, if i have time i can make a Troll faction with the Era of two suns graphic for add it to the Ageless!
AlaskanAvenger

Post by AlaskanAvenger »

I already made a troll faction :wink:
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

oh..nice >.< u want add it to the AE?
Have u cheked the Era of Trials Faction?What do u think about?
IPS

Post by IPS »

I was checking ceressian faction recently and I think some of their units are overpowered comparing them with other regular units in the default era.

Crossbowman
health: 32
atacks: 4-3 mele blade ; 10-2 ranged pierce
moves: 5
cost: 14

Explanations:

1.- It has a more powerful ranged dammage than any other archer of it's price. 20 damage is enough to be compared with the mele dammage of an spearman of 21 dammage.
2.- It has a very powerful mele for an archer unti of that price. If we do mele dammage + ranged dammage it's a very high number (20+12 = 32) compared with the spearman (21+6 = 27).

Acolyte

health: 28
atacks: 5-2 mele impact ; 6-3 ranged arcane (magical)
moves: 5
heal +4
cost: 17

Explanations:

1.- a way too much stats for a healer unit.
2.- too cheap to be spamable as a main unit to counter many factions.
I think it should cost about 20 or 21 coins.

Calvaryman
hp: 38
atack: 7-3 mele blade.
movement: 8
cost: 18

Explanation:
1.- compared with the nerfed calvary in default it's a super unit. Mostly because it's lots of health x movement relation.
2.- a way too strong atack for an scouting unit.

For me, those unitsare overpowered. All of them are in the ceressian faction and probably their lv2 would be overpowered, but I haven't analysed them yet.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
AlaskanAvenger

Post by AlaskanAvenger »

Ageless tends to be a little overpowered in general, their are many factions that care evenly matched with Ceresians, and if all factions were perfectly balanced, no only would that be impossible, it would also I think detract from the flavor of Ageless.
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

There is some improvment or ideas for the next version?
AlaskanAvenger

Post by AlaskanAvenger »

I'll eventually get around to it, but newton wanted to check over all potential eras to be added so I'm more or less waiting for him do that because I'm not to interested in doing unnecessary work. Also I started helping mainly to fix the glaring bugs and balance problems and seeing there are only a couple known ones left at the moment, I'm not too concerned about it. If you could find a few more I'd probably get another version ready for newton to load. 8)
CenetaurmanE52

Post by CenetaurmanE52 »

Using the most recent Ageless Era update in 1.8.6 has some SERIOUSLY bugged Desperados - No resistances, 0% defense, and movement cost is set to Never. This kind of hurts the Ageless Light-Switches since they're an already weak faction that needed Desperados for a fast head-start.
Garf

Post by Garf »

I have a problem while playing ageless era.
I usually play large random maps against the AI. Almost always when I save a game the file gets corrupted and I can no longer load it (it usually happens around round 8-12), the file on the loading screen is then marked as invalid. I have this problem with the most recent version of the ageless era (4.10) and the 1.10 version of wesnoth. I also had this problem in all the 1.9x versions of wesnoth (always using the most up to date version of ageless era) and I think the later versions of the 1.8x release of wesnoth, although I am not 100% sure in that case.
I think this problem occurs not with all factions. As far as I was able to figure it out (with my nonexistant computer skills) the default and EE factions are safe. Most animal units (except the standard bat one) will cause the file getting corrupted once they level up. That includes the hawk units of the Khalifate era, the dog units that are part of several eras and so on. If the Hive faction is played and a Drone is advanced to anything other than a Queen the file will get corrupted. Avian units also seem to easily corrupt the save file.
Now I am not sure what exactly causes the corruption, searching the forum I found something about wml problems, and unit types that include a "-" causing it. But I have no clue how to fix it.

So, if you could fix that it would be awesome. If it is sinply something that I do, would be nice if someone told me what it is. And if there is a way to fix corrupted save files that would be perfect!

But any kind of help would be appreciated! And if you need save files or something please just say so.
AlaskanAvenger

Post by AlaskanAvenger »

@Cenetaurman:
Use Wesnoth 1.10, there are all kinds of bugs for the 1.8 version and the majority of the players are now on 1.10.

@Garf:
Thanks, will take a look into that and see if I can fix it.
Hex

Post by Hex »

Laviathan, which comes out of the seaturtle line, I am not sure of which faction but its earlier stages say "era of the future", it is the level 4 stage: When I try to read its help/info file, it says " Parse error when parsing help text: 'corrupted original file' "

This is with wesnoth version 1.10.1
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

If need some help for simple coding part(rename Id, modify units or something basilar like that) ask me ;)
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

Hello. I am currently using the latest version of Ageless Era (4.10). I noticed that in one of the factions, Eltirean, the level 3 unit Siren, does not level up or gain AMLA when it is supposed to. The unit description does not list a level 4 promotion for this unit, yet the xp numbers remain blue, instead of being purpled out. Hence we have a situation in which the xp becomes 108/105, for example, not giving it the AMLA that it should be getting.

This can easily be reproduced by using the create unit function in debug mode. Could you please look into this?
Numbers do not win a battle
---Konrad III
(A loyal member of the pro-loyalists)

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation