Help please

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
kklego3

Help please

Post by kklego3 »

I know nothing about WML :oops: and I made a map that I wnt to change the Time Of Day to underground
ISUX at Wesnoth, But I don't care it's fun
SkyOne

Re: Help please

Post by SkyOne »

If you want to change some parts of hexes to UNDERGROUND:

Code: Select all

[time_area]
    {UNDERGROUND}
    x=1,2,2,3        # for example
    y=1-2,1,3,1-2    # for example
[/time_area]
The x and y are the location of hexes.
And make sure the number of x is equal to the number of y (four each on the example above).

I hope I understand your question correctly...
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
The_Other

Post by The_Other »

By extension, if you want the entire map to be underground:

Code: Select all

[time_area]
    {UNDERGROUND}
    x=1-99      
    y=1-99
[/time_area]
Change the '99's to fit the exact length and width of your map.
Nothing is true; everything is permissible.
Alarantalara
Art Contributor

Post by Alarantalara »

Making an entire scenario underground is much simpler than what The_Other implies. Just use {UNDERGROUND} instead of {DEFAULT_SCHEDULE}, neither of which go inside any events.

Second, have you created a scenario for your map, or is this a map you have made in the map editor that you are then trying to play in multiplayer?

If it is just a map, then you're going to need to learn about creating scenarios to go with the map as the map does not contain information about the time of day. When you play a raw map file straight from the editor, the game generates a default scenario so it is playable and it is not possible to change anything about it without creating a scenario that controls the map.

This page contains information on how to make maps: http://wiki.wesnoth.org/BuildingMapsDistribution
Follow the section "Posting on the Add-ons Server", but you can skip the _server.pbl file until you're ready to publish it.
kklego3

Post by kklego3 »

thanks guys I got it too work :D
ISUX at Wesnoth, But I don't care it's fun
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

kklego3 wrote:I know nothing about WML :oops: and I made a map that I wnt to change the Time Of Day to underground
Take two hours of your time to looks at create and you can make a simple campaign. ;)
"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." -Herodotus
"Two things are infinite, the universe and Human stupidity. Although, I'm not sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein