Missing Child Bug

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
TheChosenOne

Missing Child Bug

Post by TheChosenOne »

I was playing this scenario called EB - 4v4 Siege, when suddenly this error message pops up, "Error reading the WML, missing child bug. Please report". Or something like that. I believe I was trying to execute a planned attack when it occurred. Two units were planned to attack in succession. Both units moved into their attacking positions but none actually attacked. I'm using Wesnoth 1.10, the other players are Roflrawr, Sh1k4m4ru, Preek, Duplikation and Salaflam. The game sent me back to the lobby when this bug occurred, and we restarted the game, so there may or may not be a replay in the replays archive.

Thought you might want to look into this. :)

EDIT: I'm using Windows Vista Home Edition, if that helps. Sorry but I don't have a save, before I could do anything it just sent me back to the lobby.
Numbers do not win a battle
---Konrad III
(A loyal member of the pro-loyalists)

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Re: Missing Child Bug

Post by Anonymissimus »

see https://gna.org/bugs/index.php?19430

"Mandatory wml child missing" bugs are hard to track since there are many possible causes for this.
additional info that may help:
-Does this only occur if and/or for the player who has the whiteboard enabled and is executing planned actions ?
-And as said in the thread, a savegame from right before it happens would be great.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

If this bug causes other errors, I do not know. This is the first time I'm encountering it in 1.10, and it's also the first time that I'm executing a planned attack. Other planned moves work out just fine. I'm trying to get the save from my friend, just a sec.

EDIT: None of us has the save, sadly. I will try to reproduce the bug and post here when I do.
---Konrad III

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation
ShamelessKidd

Post by ShamelessKidd »

TheChosenOne wrote:If this bug causes other errors, I do not know. This is the first time I'm encountering it in 1.10, and it's also the first time that I'm executing a planned attack. Other planned moves work out just fine. I'm trying to get the save from my friend, just a sec.

EDIT: None of us has the save, sadly. I will try to reproduce the bug and post here when I do.
Being in the same game as TheChosenOne, I was wondering. Would this bug have prevented a save/replay from being produced?
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

Occasionally replays cannot be loaded due to an invalid tag. So I doubt that they are related.
---Konrad III