1.11 SP Campaign: Tales of the Setting Sun

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.9/1.10 SP Campaign: Tales of the Setting Sun

Post by doofus-01 »

ItzKash wrote:Is this just because the scenario is incomplete?
When I tested it, I got it to work as intended, but it isn't watertight, as you've just proven.

That scenario is crap right now, it will be improved next release. The only thing you are missing is a couple of short cut-scenes.

Your start-of-scenario save should work in the next release. The next release will probably come out tomorrow, or next weekend.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I've uploaded 0.0.9. It is not everything I'd hoped it would be, but it should still be a significant improvement over 0.0.8. There is now a healing inventory, time of day should be connected across scenarios, and statuses should not be reset between skirmishes. That last one has the effect that weak enemies can wear you down, so they are less trivial. It probably needs better balancing, but it is part of what should be a better "world-map" system.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

0.0.10 is on the server. It is an improvement over 0.0.9, but again, it is not all I'd hoped. The actual progress on the story has not progressed, but there are some improvements to the campaign "mechanics" and the existing scenarios. There is still more work to do on units and terrain.

Ideally, all the "status resets" between scenarios that are built into WML should be negated, so that a wounded and poisoned unit will stay that way across scenarios unless you take actions to fix that. Balancing that out will take some time, but ultimately, I think it will be an improvement.
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

On "Emergency Exit" What am I suposed to do? There's no Enemy to kill like it says to do, I even checked with Shroud /debug. I moved my units to every possible location, :/
"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." -Herodotus
"Two things are infinite, the universe and Human stupidity. Although, I'm not sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I don't know what you are talking about, unfortunately. Are you sure this is the right thread?
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

Wow, sorry.
Last edited by tribes45 on April 4th, 2012, 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." -Herodotus
"Two things are infinite, the universe and Human stupidity. Although, I'm not sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

tribes45 wrote:Yes I'm sure <.<
TSOL, EMERGENCY EXIT :P
:shock:
TSOL sounds more like this topic.
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

On scenario 2, illegal tile in map (Bryn_Lymp)
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Arg. That's a new terrain in Archaic Era, I forgot it was like that. I'll update Archaic Era this weekend, then it will load.
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

doofus-01 wrote:Arg. That's a new terrain in Archaic Era, I forgot it was like that. I'll update Archaic Era this weekend, then it will load.
Thank you. :)
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

0.0.12 has been uploaded (I don't know what happened to 0.0.11). There has been some progress in the story, there have been some some changes in the basics and there have been some bug-fixes. All in all, it is an improvement, and I don't think it is crap, but it is still 0.0.x, so there is a lot of work to be done.
Evander

Post by Evander »

hell yeah!

doofus is on the loose again!

gonna download that soon and see if I can help with anything :)
Evander

Post by Evander »

ok so just finished the first map.

spelling error on the screenshot.

- I have observed that one enemy leader dropped something that looked like a bow, but when I moved my unit on it, it picked up chainmail armour.
- no info about armours on units/can't drop them.

I must say that - wow :)
So far looks like a good beginning for something awesome.

If I can suggest something, perhaps you could use similar item system like in Legends of Invincibles? Would be good to know what items our units have.
Evander

Post by Evander »

ok, I am leaving the city (2nd map) and here are my observations:

- the guys who wants to join you repeats his dialogue when he meets your second leader
- guards who let you pass (after the council) should just move to side rather then upstairs
- if you end your turn next to a unit with speech lines, at the start of a next turn they talk to you again
- mercenaries can't use any items from a shop (I wanted to buy a throwing knife for my merc)
- units you recall so you could buy them stuff cost you gold per turn. perhaps they should not have upkeep there?

after leaving the city
- text about recalling has an error "Experince gained from skirmishes"
- can't recall any companions (I recalled all units in city). right clicking on the fort shows only 3 options: -Finished Recalling, - End Turn, -Quit Game
can I suggest going back to the camp map like in Bad Moon Rising?
william150

Post by william150 »

Rebel spearman have the same ID rebel common. this is bad.