[Complete] Best two units, the tournament

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mint

Re: Best two units, the tournament

Post by Mint »

Since Great_Mage_Atari has dropped out of the group stage :roll:
For my group, we should be getting a bye, right? And both the players who already beat atari,
they have their points for winning the games taken off, right? Just reminding you about housekeeping, Gnork :mrgreen:
csarmi

Post by csarmi »

Mint wrote:Since Great_Mage_Atari has dropped out of the group stage :roll:
For my group, we should be getting a bye, right? And both the players who already beat atari,
they have their points for winning the games taken off, right? Just reminding you about housekeeping, Gnork :mrgreen:
what a surprise, i never would have imagined that :P
Trend

Post by Trend »

Wow.... i cant believe i missed out on this. Is there any chance you guys have an empty stop i could fill? If not i will just watch and enjoy 8).
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

btw, i also can confirm that player2 gets a +2 income bonus.
i used the tournament era and PYR maps.

i will check my game (replay) versus mint, and if there is a bug, i declare the game as invalid :)
this is nothing against mint personal. he played well and i enjoyed the game. but if there is something wrong with the era, i will take this oportunity to play another game on even odds.

EDIT:
yes, the game is bugged. Mints income is EVERY turn (including the FIRST (=2nd) turn) 2 higher than it should be. thats a full village.

i already taken the already flaggd village into account of course, i strongly encourage the tournament-host to check this issue asap.

i wil not play more games until the issue has been looked at.
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

I found the bug, it lies in the era, somewhere in those sophisticated variable manipulations the income from the bonus village is taken as base income.
I fixed it by a simple patch to PYR maps-instead of trying to understand that mega-hard code of the era, I simply put the capture_village event to 2nd turn so it is not counted by the faulty era as base income. I'm attaching the edited versions of maps and I'll pm both the map add-on and era authors about the bug. Since this tournament is (imo) mainly for fun and is unbalanced from the very beginning, I don't say we should restart the whole game. Most games were played out in +/- 15 turns so that +2 gold didn't change much.
Enjoy :geek:
Attachments
PYR_Maps.zip
PYR maps-patched
(37.3 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Gnork

Post by Gnork »

Trend wrote:Wow.... i cant believe i missed out on this. Is there any chance you guys have an empty stop i could fill? If not i will just watch and enjoy 8).
As GMA leaved, you can take his seat :wink:
Which units do you choose?
Dunno wrote:I found the bug, (...) I fixed it by a simple patch to PYR maps
Thank you very much! :D
Trend

Post by Trend »

I will pick orcish grunt and cavalryman. Can i start playing the ones in my group right away?
Edit* Skeleton Axeman and Dark Adept. I hope my changing of units doesn't cause too much heart break or agony :wink:.
Last edited by Trend on January 14th, 2012, 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nani

Post by nani »

Ok, the addon containing the maps is updated on the addon-server.
Except putting the event in the CotB-cfg inside the side3-stuff, good job Dunno. ;) (I quickly corrected that)
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

Dunno wrote:. Most games were played out in +/- 15 turns so that +2 gold didn't change much.
Enjoy :geek:
well, 2 gold per turn make in a 15 turn game a total of 30 gold.
this makes 2 1/2 additonal grunts, or some additional assassins instead of grunts

have it or have it not can make a huge difference
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
csarmi

Post by csarmi »

Having 2gpt over your opponent is a decisive advantage.
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

I still believe that +2 income can change a stalemate situation but not the whole game. And we didn't got many stalemates this far, iirc. But I'm no expert, so I won't argue any further on this matter
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Haart

Post by Haart »

I still believe that +2 income can change a stalemate situation but not the whole game.
Considering how many people here use grunts, i'd say it definitely can. And even if it wasn't, the very fact of uncounted advantage makes these games unsportsmanlike. So i'd say that while we allow players to keep old result if they both agree so, generally these games should be replayed anew.
That first group phase is to end on January 17th, unless delay is asked.
Due to that new-found issue, i request a delay. It will take some time for people to play these games again. Sorry for noticing that glitch so far into tournament.
I'm not native english speaker so, please, excuse me for using comma at random.
soul_steven

Post by soul_steven »

restart the whole thing? How long has this tourney gone on and how few games do we have in so far? completely restarting we might as well not plan for this to end till middle of summer. This has nothing to do with my 2:0 start i swear :D
nani

Post by nani »

Erm I'm not in favour of playing the whole thing again.
It might be a good solution to give some kind of 1/2 week complaining deadline.
If the replay-request isn't pm'ed to the winner(opponent) in that time, a match could be seen as valid.
This way we'd avoid replaying the matches including players that actually do not care much about the tourney/game.
I don't expect every loser to write a +/- pm to their opponent, since this just seems to be unrealistic ...
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Nani, I did think you had one grunt too many.... :lol2:
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme