1.12 SP Campaign, Fate of a Princess (& Northern Forces)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mich
Translator

Re: 1.8 & 1.10 SP Campaign, Fate of a Princess

Post by mich »

I've just released version 0.9.2 of the campaign (only for wesnoth 1.9.x).
It fixes almost all the wmllint and wmlscope problems. It just remain to fix the mismatched references of my macro, but at the moment I don't know what's the problem. I can always simplify that macro (it's really a lot more complex then what we can use), but I prefer not to do so. I will look at that when I have more free time.
Elvish_Hunter wrote: In the first two scenarios, my terminal spammed these warnings:

Code: Select all

warning engine: variable_info: retrieving member of non-existent WML container, foap_sword_picker.id
This must be fixed too now, but I haven't tested it enought to be sure.

SkyOne, these are a couple of thing that we can do for the next version:
Add a custom special note for ranged firststrike (used by the cannon).
Add better informations to the custom petrify special notes of Ameck.
Use the standard direwolf instead of the custom one, now that it's in the core units.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Thank you so much for working hard, mich. I really appreciate it. :D

After a temporary release of version 0.9.3 in a few days ago, a new version, 0.9.4, is on 1.9/1.10 server now.
The changes are all minor, but not a few.

changes from version 0.9.2:
Spoiler:
*for the future development:
- adding some mention of Gulder's race (maybe, either Eämeral and Zluld's speech on scenario 12 are approximate as I think)
- improving the description of Ameck's (new) paralyze-attack
- a custom weapon special for Cannon unit --> EDIT: fixed on mine now with the dragon shotgun.
- fixing bugs of the rest of Elvish_Hunter's wmlscope descriptions (I am still not sure where/when "bell.wav" is gone...)

Thanks.
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
mich
Translator

Post by mich »

- fixing bugs of the rest of Elvish_Hunter's wmlscope descriptions (I am still not sure where/when "bell.wav" is gone...)
You are right, wmlscope still complaints a couple of time about sounds (bell.wav) and images that aren't on the core folder. I wasn't bothered enought to fix those too. The fact is just that wmlscope doesn't look in those folders, but there are no ingame problems. If you want me to fix those too let me know.
mich
Translator

Post by mich »

Version 0.9.5 is out.
The only relevant change is a fix for the long range Cannon attack, that always hitted on the latest wesnoth version.
The others changes are all minor, but now wmllint and wmlscope must stop complaining completely.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

mich wrote:now wmllint and wmlscope must stop complaining completely.
:D Thank you so much for fixing the wmlscope-bugs and updating, mich. How nice to hear it! ^_^

Actually, I just missed to send you the images of updated some mounted units that have been ready. They will be on the next edition.
Some of Drake's sprites also need some touches. They will also be on the next edition.

This doesn't look like a donkey anymore, does it ? :)
Attachments
horse.png
horse.png (2.33 KiB) Viewed 5643 times
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
mich
Translator

Post by mich »

You don't need to thank me too much. I just hope to have released at least a working version this time. Last time I was really stupid to introduce that bug that made the campaign unplayable.... Luckily you spotted it soon. Sorry again for that. I must test my changes a little better, I know, but the time is always not enough.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

mich wrote:You don't need to thank me too much.
I still do.:) Comparing with the works that you have done on this campaign, it was nothing. I still feel like I owe you a lot.
That bug was strange though because it did not affect on the Caravan file...

By the way, I updated version 0.9.6 with touching up the sprites of some mounted units and drakes. Now the duration of the fire breath attacks on custom drakes are uniformed to the default ones.
Also, the last sighted event has finally been fixed by using the ON_SIGHTING macro. That macro is actually great.:)

I hope no-more any bugs on this campaign. If anyone finds any, reporting them will be many thanks even a small one at this moment (1.9/1.10 only).:)
In addition, there are not any artists in this project, so helping the portraits will be a great appreciation, especially Baldres and child Alingwen.

EDIT: I have found the works to do. The ranged attack animations of race=fairy (Snow Fairies) are currently not very good. I am on the work during this weekend. --> got fixed in my folder.:) now, trying to fix this bug to finish up.

--> EDIT on Jan, 28: that error message, just on the replay of scenario 25, has not been removed although I have tried a couple of changes. So I decided to move on because it is not a big deal. It does not interrupt the replay at all. Just an error message shows during the first 20+ turns, then it disappears. Currently, saving my energy and being healthy is more important than creating a replay file for me. :annoyed:

Fortunately, those attempts made me find out polishing up the ending. So the new version, 0.9.7, is on the server with my sympathy for the princess. :cry:
Some minor changes also include on the new version. Those are:
- a moveto event has been added on each of scenarios, 21 Coalition of Orcs and 22 Dragon Cave.
- some images have been updated and added.
- minor edit on the map of scenario 25 Fate of a Princess.

P.S. to mich:
You can update the new edition with the IT-translation in anytime by using your PO file when you have a time. I have just added a few words about Gulder's race in Zluld's speech on scenario 12 of version 0.9.6. It seems that torangan has been busy for a while.

Thanks
taptap

Post by taptap »

That the 3rd scenario is without recruiting is intentional I guess? (Taking out a horde of elves with only horses and a cannon seems pretty hard within the turn limit.)
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
mich
Translator

Post by mich »

taptap wrote:That the 3rd scenario is without recruiting is intentional I guess? (Taking out a horde of elves with only horses and a cannon seems pretty hard within the turn limit.)
Well, you start without a castle or encampment, so you can't recruit from the begining. But you can acquire one quite soon, and then recruit from there. So, explore better the map, but well, it is not really hidden.
If you still have problems, please let us know.
taptap

Post by taptap »

mich wrote:Well, you start without a castle or encampment, so you can't recruit from the begining. But you can acquire one quite soon, and then recruit from there. So, explore better the map, but well, it is not really hidden.
If you still have problems, please let us know.
In fact, there is. It is the first ever "multi-style" castle, I have seen in Wesnoth.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Thanks for playing, taptap.
You can download the new version, 0.9.8, that has just been on the server. Crossing with the previous versions should be fine.:wink:

On version 0.9.8, all changes are minor, including updating some images and touching up scenario 5b Mysterious Cave and 11 Broken Treaty. The incomes of the enemy leader on scenario 7 Forbidden Ambition have been changed to:
EASY difficulty; 15 --> 20
NORMAL difficulty; 20 --> 25
HARD difficulty; 25 --> 30

By the way, a bug has been found on scenario 17, Mountain Path. The unit is unable to teleport sometimes after taking the potion. It happened on early 1.9.x, then fixed once on the later version, though...
--------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT on Feb. 10,
The version 0.9.9 is on the server.
To fix the bug I said above, a tunnel has been added on the 17 Mountain Path scenario to teleport. Also, some slight touches have included on the scenarios of the new edition below:

5b Mysterious Cave;
- side=2 enemy's gold (Cione), EASY 100 --> 110, HARD 160 --> 145
6 Capturing Dorest;
- enemy's incomes on HARD, side=3 -10, side=4 -5, side=5 -5
11 Broken Treaty;
- on the map, well.png --> holy-water.png
22 Dragon Cave;
- a bonus has been added by defeating the merman leader
23 Zluld's Last Stand;
- side=3 replaces side=4, and side=4 replaces side=3

Some other minor changes also have included on the edition, including Ishlars alignment lawful --> neutral.
------------------------------------

EDIT on Feb. 15,
A bug fixed version, 0.9.10, went to the server.
All changes are minor, mostly from taptap's feedback on the Add-on Feedback forum. Thank you, taptap.
Crossing with previous version is just fine.

other changes:
- changing Royal Sorceress's melee attack; 10-3 --> 8-4
- reducing side=2 income on HARD difficulty of 22 Dragon Cave scenario; 90 --> 80, gold; 300 --> 280
- adding overlays icon for the pickable weapons, Flame Sword and Crystal Bow
- editing the dialogue very slightly on some scenarios
- adding the healthy trait-modification on Rambaltas unit (Dwarvish Runesmith/Runemaster)
- modifying the map and scenario of 18 Hydra Cavern scenario slightly
- changing the image-file-name for Follower units from previous Adherent to Follower
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another new version, 0.9.11, went to the server on Feb. 27.
All changes are very minor at this update, such as replacing the attack icons, updating a few unit image, etc..
Ameck's melee attack is now "9-3". Sorry for changing it twice in a low, but the new number is the most reasonable ever, I think...
--------------------------

The version 0.9.12 went to the server on Mar, 17.
The changes are very few, modifying slightly on scenario 22_Dragon_Cave and 25_Fate_of_a_Princess.
--------------------------

The version 0.9.13 went to the server on Mar, 28.
The changes are very few again. Some images showed in front of units, such as dwarven-doors on Mountain Path scenario, so fixed them. Also, the XP of some hero-units were 140, so replaced them to 150.

Thanks
tribes45

Re: 1.10 SP Campaign, Fate of a Princess

Post by tribes45 »

Hey, are there any tips for scenario 3?
"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." -Herodotus
"Two things are infinite, the universe and Human stupidity. Although, I'm not sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein
taptap

Post by taptap »

There is a multi-style keep in the east, which I overlooked first, it should be winnable with recruitment. There is also something green to pick up, which I missed too. ;)
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Thanks, taptap.:)

tribes45, hints and tips are always either on this thread and one on Add-ons Feedback Forum. :)

By the way, version 0.9.14 is on the server.
There had been an issue to show duplicated overlays on some units of part-one. A precious user, Vers, sent me the resolving code, so the parts have been fixed with a similar case on part-two when Drake Lord takes the flame sword.

Also, by according to what Elvish_Hunter said:
Elvish_Hunter [url=http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?p=524647#p524647]here[/url] wrote:Since in mainline we changed the AMLA requirement for all units to be level * 50, with 25 XP for level 0 units (instead of 150), all these units should be fixed:
the XP have been adjusted on some units.

In addition, some images have been touched up slightly on this edition.

Thanks
rmj

Post by rmj »

Just downloaded from the 1.10 server and got the following errors:

20120429 21:08:37 error general: The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/My Documents/My Games/Wesnoth1.10/data/add-ons/Fate_of_a_Princess/_main.cfg
ERROR DETAILS:
Macro/file 'FOAP_ADVANCEMENT_CAVALRYMAN' is missing at ~add-ons/Fate_of_a_Princess/scenarios/01_Time_to_Leave.cfg:563 included from ~add-ons/Fate_of_a_Princess/_main.cfg:159

Likewise for FOAP_ADVANCEMENT_SKIRMISHER
Likewise for FOAP_ADVANCEMENT_FIGHTER
Likewise for FOAP_ADVANCEMENT_SCOUT

In this thread you talk of version 9.8, but this download says it is 8.8.
rmj