[Complete] WTT : Wesnoth Time Twister, a 1v1, 1.9 tournament

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mrsmithz

Re: WTT : Wesnoth Time Twister, a 1v1, 1.9 tournament

Post by mrsmithz »

Is there another tournament which i can join?
Rene

Post by Rene »

Rene (Drakes) vs The Black Sword (Khalifate) on SHC.
Spoiler:
Attachments
2p_—_Silverhead_Crossing_powtórka.gz
(22.81 KiB) Downloaded 508 times
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Spoiler:
Perhaps Gnork's 2v2 tournament is still open to enter http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... &start=240.
Caphriel

Post by Caphriel »

That's not actually a 2v2 tournament. It's a 1v1 tournament played with factions of 2 units.
The Black Sword

Lol, sorry, I knew that, guess I didn't read what I was typing. :oops:
Gragorak

Post by Gragorak »

mrsmithz wrote:Is there another tournament which i can join?
Gnork's tournament is also full, so there's no open tournaments at the moment.
The Black Sword

Hi guys,

From what I understand, the first version of the liminal khalifate is going to be out soon and I'd like to see them used in the quarter finals.
Additionally, there are some important games left to be played such as Dreadnough vs Cackfiend and Horus vs thefish.
I'll delay the start of the next round until these have been played. Please don't feel under pressure to put family time during the holidays into having these games played but try to get them played as soon as possible.

Happy Christmas everyone! :)
csarmi

Post by csarmi »

Khalifate changes and balancing:

IRC: ##khalifate (or #wesnoth-khalifate) on freenode
Main Khalifate thread: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... &start=270

New version of Khalifate is up on the add-ons server.
Name: Temp_Khalifate
Current changelog: http://pastebin.com/hwHB0hAm

Please note that I might change the name of the add-on shortly (have to sort out some pbl issues). Also make sure that you keep track of the other thread for changes.

My add-on DOES CLASH with TBS's version, so don't try to use both (uninstall the other one).

For now, let's wait for TBS to decide whether games should be played with this new version or not :)

Happy New Year!
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

For TBS:

thefish highlighted that we already played one more match than necessary in the beginning of the tournament, which i lost. Does it count, or should we play a new one? Whatever the decision will be, we are going to play when we meet just to surely have a legal outcome. :)
The Black Sword

Ok everyone, I hope you had a good holiday but it's time to get addicted to wesnoth again! :D

Can the remaining matchups in this round, particularly Cackfiend and Dreadnough, please let me know where things stand regarding arranging a game?

Horus, I would prefer to see you two play another game(and then thefish also has to play SS still, but if he beats you the next round is determined at least). If you wish to count that game instead of playing another then I won't object however.

I would like the group stages to be finished by next weekend at the latest and then hopefully we can stick to the timetable from then on.

From now on, all matches are to be played using csarmi's Temp_khalifate add-on.
I'll removed my addon from the server to save confusion.
Dreadnough

Post by Dreadnough »

I am back in town and tried to contact Cackfiend. Up to now he didn't respond to my PM. I still feel sorry for letting you waiting, so he still may take the default win if he so wishes.
Cackfiend

Post by Cackfiend »

Hi dread, I did indeed get your pm, and I've been online all day today, which is rare because I cannot usually play in the afternoon... hoping you log in soon
"There's no love in fear." - Maynard James Keenan

I'm the guy who's responsible for 40% Gliders in all hexes... I can now die a happy man. =D
Wesnoth Strategy Guide for competitive 1v1 viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54236
Cackfiend

Post by Cackfiend »

WTT RD 1 Finals Cackfiend vs Dreadnough on 1.9.13 going on right now

I'm the guy who's responsible for 40% Gliders in all hexes... I can now die a happy man. =D
Dreadnough

Post by Dreadnough »

I lost.

Thanks for the two worst games of the tournament. First game you didn't even try and surrendered before loosing a unit and the second game you just abused every possible way.

After I noticed that Cackfiend was Banking I didn't really care anymore, planned one attack, got unlucky and he managed to kill my leader, hurray.
Cackfiend

Post by Cackfiend »

Dreadnough wrote:I lost.

Thanks for the two worst games of the tournament. First game you didn't even try and surrendered before loosing a unit and the second game you just abused every possible way.

After I noticed that Cackfiend was Banking I didn't really care anymore, planned one attack, got unlucky and he managed to kill my leader, hurray.
Well I think you're overreacting and a bit emotional. I do agree with you about the aethermaw game but that wasn't because I was upset at you but because of the imbalances I saw in the map since it was my first time playing it.

For our Den game I'm not so sure about the unlucky part considering RNG was favoring you in the few attacks that did happen. Your attack was decent enough but for some reason you kept using your leader when you didn't need to. If you would have just waited I would have attacked the following day as that was my initial plan. You could have easily threatened my cave village forcing me to recruit but as soon as it looked like that was your plan you backed off.

Anyway, the game would have been a lot different if you had never brought your leader out of your keep OR just left your leader behind your line and let it heal like a white mage should. GG regardless

I have now gotten revenge on elido and Dread... teke im coming for you :twisted:
Attachments
WTT_rd_1_finals_Cackfiend_vs_Dreadnough_—_Den_of_Onis_replay.gz
(16.34 KiB) Downloaded 473 times