SHould need Account

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lisac1

SHould need Account

Post by Lisac1 »

It would be a good thing if we could have stats and so an account with password and no just like Username: .....??
Like other games for exemple: Warcraft 3, Starcraft 2.
So Need :

Win/lose for Race : (in french it s)
Aleatoire
Loyaliste
Rebelles
Nordiques
Morts-vivants
Alliance knalgane
Dracans
Total

Win by team, 1v1 and else... but without choosing the map and the ennemy(Real player) for stats (or it will be like Starcraft 1, so can play with friends to up the wins)
Last edited by Lisac1 on December 15th, 2011, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dunno

Re: SHould need Account

Post by Dunno »

Actually, now that you joined forums, you do have a password protected account. Next time you long in to server using the nickname you registered here, on the forum, you'll be asked to provide password. About the stats though... I'm not sure if it's working already or not, but there is a project called wesnoth ladder. Read last few pages for more info :)
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Lisac1

Post by Lisac1 »

Oh thx~ but there s nothing talking about without choosing the ennemy xD i hope it will be like that.
But i hope this project will come soon because i ve started this game last week and i finished the first campagne so novice campagne with 23 scenarios. And i don t really want to play multiplayer without "ladder" because i don t see the point of playing like that without knowing your win/lose xD
soul_steven

Post by soul_steven »

Lisac1, there is a current ladder going on right now that counts your win/losses. the site is at wesnoth.gamingladder.info if your curious and want to take a look. As of right now we do not have a current system that say *as loys you win x amount of times however it does count your overall win/loss record.
Haart

Post by Haart »

If it is so important to you, you can create a text file (or excel sheet for added convenience) and after every game you play write in it what faction you were and whether you have won or lost. After all, Wesnoth is an open-source project and one of main ideas of open-source is "If nobody did it before and you can do it, do it and share with others".
I'm not native english speaker so, please, excuse me for using comma at random.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

This will not happen as a main feature.

It should be possible to make a server that does this, and keep it fully compatible with the standard Wesnoth client. I'm actually surprised nobody at the ladder has thought of this yet.
lesy

Post by lesy »

Haart wrote:If it is so important to you, you can create a text file (or excel sheet for added convenience)
that's actually exactly what i did when i first started to think about stats. so far i collected data from 481 "meaningful" games played with default era spanning over more than 3 years now...and it certainly shows some interesting results.

however, stats collection is closely related to my largest issue with wesnoth, which frustrates me so much that i'm only able to play for about one month every six months and spend the rest in wesbreak. this issue could be named "the impossibility of getting a decent casual game going". this is caused by number of reasons, to name a few: ofc huge time demands for such games, generally low numbers of active players on the main server during most of the week (willing to play vanilla wesnoth at that); inability to easily spot notorious leavers quitters and trolls, which in turn causes good and decent players to only play with friends that they know personally or quit playing at all.

inb4 ladder: i'm not very fond of 1v1 games so ladder is not really an option for me.

so as the result i usually settle for isar's cross, which is about the only map you can get going. sure enough, of the 481 recorded games about 300 were on some version of it. and i don't have to tell you that this map is not exactly the best way to achieve intriguing games (although it's not impossible :).

there are many ways i can imagine that could improve the situation, more or less desirable, but i guess first there would have to be broad consensus that change is in fact needed. also i'm not trying to whine here or make threats to force to the devs to do anything, i'm not that egocentric. just wording something that i feel ever since i first stepped into the MP world. my personal solution for now (somewhat tedious and ineffective) is to build the ignore list one jerk at a time.
Lisac1

Post by Lisac1 »

Gambit wrote:This will not happen as a main feature.

It should be possible to make a server that does this, and keep it fully compatible with the standard Wesnoth client. I'm actually surprised nobody at the ladder has thought of this yet.
I don t think it s a good idea... especially i don t really want to always write, there s not a lot of player and i don t only play in one computer...
soul_steven wrote:Lisac1, there is a current ladder going on right now that counts your win/losses. the site is at wesnoth.gamingladder.info if your curious and want to take a look. As of right now we do not have a current system that say *as loys you win x amount of times however it does count your overall win/loss record.
Thx a lot~ i don t really know how it s working but i ll see~^^
Last edited by Elvish_Hunter on December 20th, 2011, 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged two consecutive posts
Kolbur

Post by Kolbur »

Gambit wrote:This will not happen as a main feature.

I'm pretty sure some already did think about it.
But it would mean a complete separation of the communities and no one wants this. The ladder people are a part of the Wesnoth community.