[Complete] WTT : Wesnoth Time Twister, a 1v1, 1.9 tournament

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Cremember

Re: WTT : Wesnoth Time Twister, a 1v1, 1.9 tournament

Post by Cremember »

i guess i miss understood Great Gage,, i thought it was a GG, it looked over too, but we can still continue if u want to. Great Mage
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

If at all possible, I would be able to play a game either tomorrow night or the day after.
csarmi

Post by csarmi »

Has anyone ever heard of death160? Has anyone seen him? My PM to him has been sitting in the OUtbox folder for a week now.
csarmi

Re: replay bug

Post by csarmi »

shadowmaster wrote:
csarmi wrote:JUst a note. Replays WILL crash on Hamlets.
Actually, they may crash on any map depending on many variables that may or may not be under the user’s control, since the cause of the crash is accessing memory assigned to an object that has been destroyed. Depending on those variables (which may include the OS’ virtual memory implementation and the C++ library memory allocator’s, and how many mouse or keyboard actions you have performed within a few milliseconds during the replay start), anything can happen.
That might be it, but so far, it had a 100% crash rate for me on Hamlets, and 0% on some maps. I might be wrong about it being map-dependent. Actually, I should be. But there is some strong correlation at least that suggests some variable causing it. Something that depends on map size and on whether it is loaded in fullscreen.
What do you suggest we should do? It would be quite important to be able to produce replays that are viewable by others.

By 'how many keyboard and mouse actions performed' you mean when I'm loading the replay? We can ensure that's zero.
noob-killer

Post by noob-killer »

orcs beat khalifah at Sulla's Ruins
thanks PsyXs ^^
Attachments
2p_—_Sulla’s_Ruins_replay.gz
(20.61 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Hello guys, Id like to arange some WTT games if possible.

I havent seen Kira, powershot and atomhead on the server, so Id like to see if they at least folow this thread a little bit before i start sending pms :)

So if any of those listed above is able to play a game osmetimes soon, pls leave me a note, thx :)

Dauntless

P.S: It would be also useful if the last player was either assigned to our proug or crossed out forever. If you add him a lot later, he will run into time trouble with the games...
Great_Mage_Atari

Ok, so I guess just to be clear, Cremember says that if I would like to play again, we can have a rematch.
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Cremember and Great Mage Atari; You can't replay a game without a valid reason and I don't see one in this case. If you want to finish that game you can of course reload it, but you can't start a completely new game from scratch. Please let me know when the final result has been decided so I can update the table.

Daunt, the last slot is open for two weeks into the group stages ( 1 more week). Obviously the player must also feel they are able to complete the 7 games in the remaining 3 weeks.

If anyone does still want to join, there is 1 slot left open until November 12.
csarmi

Post by csarmi »

Besides, Cremember said he's okay to RELOAD (not to replay).
Cremember

Post by Cremember »

yeah thx to csarmi. i did not say nothing about a rematch. the word continue should be stright forward enough. and seriously, when u just say i have to quit and leave the game, how can u expect a rematch from it. i been nice enough to offer u the reload. plz give me a time, and we can finish this asap.
The Black Sword

The Black Sword vs Cremember and tekelili vs Cackfiend are taking place on 1.9 now.
Great_Mage_Atari

Ok well Cremember wins (given that most of these people are not on half the time and I don't want to be tedious in my game times). So, basically, I'm resignating.
The Black Sword

Well, me and Crem's game went a lot quicker than you might expect; but then combine a saurian rush and a thief+ulf attack and sparks are going to fly, even on Den of Onis;
Spoiler:
EDIT: Hi Great Mage, to clarify; you're just conceding this game vs Cremember correct and not resigning from the whole tournie? Some people have found your post confusing.
Attachments
2p_—_Den_of_Onis_replay.gz
(11.79 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

Cackfiend and me came back from a long rest on 1v1 to play our first game in quite time. Map picker gave us Weldey Chanel and our random factions were P1 orcs(tekelili) vs P2 ud(Cackfiend). I attach save of last turn, replay doesnt work. Was a fun game. Moves and combat on both flanks and interesting tactic decisions. It could have been a very long game, but at some point rng decided that all strikes of my units would hit always poor Cackfiend dark adepts on 60 defense. I was lucky, but I wont regreat, we orcs just do what we do XD
Attachments
WTT-Cackfiend-tekelili.gz
(37.2 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
Cremember

Post by Cremember »

WTT Cremember's Elves VS Rigor's Khalifate on Hamlets.
Spoiler:
PS: i suggest if possible we should ask the loser or obs to report the win here. or else theres really nothing to spoil.
Attachments
WTT Cremember vs Rigor.gz
(39.92 KiB) Downloaded 317 times