[Complete] WTT : Wesnoth Time Twister, a 1v1, 1.9 tournament

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Cackfiend

Re: WTT : Wesnoth Time Twister, a 1v1, 1.9 tournament

Post by Cackfiend »

sure sign me up
"There's no love in fear." - Maynard James Keenan

I'm the guy who's responsible for 40% Gliders in all hexes... I can now die a happy man. =D
Wesnoth Strategy Guide for competitive 1v1 viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54236
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

neki wrote: Cackfiend can join the http://www.brutalwesnoth.com tournament, there are still 13 slots left there :). And you get a chance to win some prizes, Cack :P.
Might as well say this here, seeing as there seems to be no thread for the above referenced tourney. The map pool really sucks, and I think the exclusion of certain maps demonstrates some very biased, heavily subjective decision making, ungrounded in the actual data. You should have at least let the Ladder Council vote on it, or something to that effect. As it is, Neki, it just makes it look like you think your opinion is greater than the general opinions of our top players.

Boo.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
neki

Post by neki »

No way, Doc! I respect other players! And their opinion is valuable, just want to avoid long campy games :P. Plus nobody tried such a "bold" map pool, maybe it works out fine after all :). We really didn't have time to debate, but for the second edition I will make sure to thoroughly discuss the map pool.

EDIT: Somehow I missed all your map pool related comments Doc on the tournament website while it was opened for discussion for one week :P

@Cackfiend: go to http://www.brutalwesnoth.com and read the registration requirements, please. You can be subscribed to both tournaments, mine is very time spent playing efficient ;)
Last edited by neki on October 29th, 2011, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Cackfiend, you're in Group Centauri, welcome to the tournament.

Neki stop trying to poach my players! :P

I was going to make some points about your maps too but I'll put them on the Brutal Wesnoth site.

Anyone else who wants to join: There is only one spot left, so don't spend too much time thinking about it.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

neki wrote:No way, Doc! I respect other players! And their opinion is valuable, just want to avoid long campy games :P. Plus nobody tried such a "bold" map pool, maybe it works out fine after all :). We really didn't have time to debate, but for the second edition I will make sure to thoroughly discuss the map pool.

EDIT: Somehow I missed all your map pool related comments Doc on the tournament website while it was opened for discussion for one week :P;)
I looked around the site, and didn't see any sort of discussion anywhere. Maybe more becomes visible if I register?

Looks like you've tricked me into registering. :lol2:
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Mint

Post by Mint »

Game Mint vs Kira1 has been played in CotB, my rebels vs Kira1's orcs. This game was riddled with problems, but eventually got under way properly, with a little help from The Black Sword :)
Spoiler:
Attachments
2p_—_Caves_of_the_Basilisk_Turn_9.gz
(45.56 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
2p_—_Caves_of_the_Basilisk_replay.gz
(22.71 KiB) Downloaded 465 times
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

After downloading the 1,9,9 version during the ceremony i enter head-first the WTT with a match vs Mint.

Result is spoilered :P
Spoiler:
Dauntless
soul_steven

Post by soul_steven »

im having issues watching replays any idea why? Anyways my second game took place today vs noob_killer as ud vs orcs on caves.
Spoiler:
Attachments
noo_killer_preliminary_save_game.gz
(96.21 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
noo_killer_WTT_preliminaries.gz
(38.6 KiB) Downloaded 500 times
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

So far, not a single replay was working for me. all of those posted above crashed in the process of loading except cotb turn 9 which was a momentary situation at turn 9 and not a replay from turn 1. in the meantime ive made a pic of how its not supposed to look when you click around during your game so you can try to prevent such situations where you select an enemy unit and make it attack its allied friend (I was teal, not orange btw):

Figure: Error in Line 720

Some players cant reproduce that bug however. i managed on both win xp and win 7 on 2 different pcs. one of them is considerably slower than the other computer, and i have the feeling it happens due to "lag caused by thinking of the machine" so you can simulate enemy units moves.

about reproducing the save-game crashes thing: thats something a lot of people could confirm!
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Funny, because I can watch the replays 8) .
Mind you they have crashed for me on other maps but CoTB works for me.

Really nice game there SS and noob_killer, well played from both sides. I think noob_killer I'd have started reinforcing the left straight away once you took that village, you let him get it back too easily I think.

So Daunt, where's your replay? :whistle:
nagafono

Post by nagafono »

btw, what means gXpy? player #y of gruop #x? if so, i cannt find myself (8th position in table) in matchlist
Huumy

Post by Huumy »

I'm playing today from 9pm to 12pm (gmt). Hopefully I'll see some1 from my group-players online :)
"And the girl that you want is directly out in front, And she’s waving her caboose at you, You sneeze achoo, She calls you out and boom!"
The offspring, trolling you since forever.
Faello

Post by Faello »

Update to my WTT gaming schedule:
csarmi vs. Faello is going to be played at 18:00 GMT on Wednesday (02.11.2011), 1.9 server.
Honor vs. Faello is going to be played at 15:00 GMT on Friday (04.11.2011), 1.9 server.
Last edited by Faello on November 1st, 2011, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
soul_steven

Post by soul_steven »

Played my third qualifying game today vs Huumy as orcs vs loys on Caves
Spoiler:
Attachments
Huumy_WTT_preliminaries.gz
(17.75 KiB) Downloaded 460 times
Hummy_WTT_preliminaries_save_game.gz
(46.35 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

Rigor wrote:So far, not a single replay was working for me. all of those posted above crashed in the process of loading except cotb turn 9 which was a momentary situation at turn 9 and not a replay from turn 1. in the meantime ive made a pic of how its not supposed to look when you click around during your game so you can try to prevent such situations where you select an enemy unit and make it attack its allied friend (I was teal, not orange btw):
Meh i hope the situation with 2.0 being de facto a buggy beta version will not happen again like it was with 1.8...
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.